Thread: US Alert: Prepare for the Invasion!

Default US Alert: Prepare for the Invasion, says Trump

Critical Emergency! Thousands of criminals and gang members from Central America are approaching our southern border! Rapists and murderers! They will infest us with diseases like Tb, Leprosy, and SMALLPOX!

They will pose as refugees seeking asylum, and use children as a foil, but don't be fooled. They're coming for us, they're coming for YOU! They'll take your job, deplete our national reserves, and change our American culture!

Be very afraid. *BUT* if you vote Republican on 11/6, it's a vote for Trump....and only Trump can protect us!

He's not just going to build The Great Border Wall, but will change Immigration Laws, and rescind all this nonsense about chain-migration and Refugees seeking Asylum from shit-hole nations. He's also going to send over 5,000 military troops to assist Customs and Border Patrol, ICE, and National Guard....to protect us from these invaders. And he's going to rescind birth-right citizenship, too!

MAGA!
    Last edited by GGT; 04-03-2019 at 03:08 AM. Reason: test

Foreign policy may need to change. If other countries' politicians do not develop their economies, they may need to be pushed to do so. As people have a great economy in their nations, they would need not to leave.
    Many people in the caravan are people who were deceived by a false expectation. The idea that a caravan would save them time, instead of joining the legal migrant queue. Sad.
    If any criminal thought that he would sneak in, it seems even more unlikely than before, with citizens, soldiers and police patrolling the border, wall and wire and so on.
    Freedom - When people learn to embrace criticism about politicians, since politicians are just employees like you and me.

I hope Trump's speech on the matter wasn't just him blowing smoke. Catch and no release. Want to wait for your trial for asylum? Enjoy the tent life.

Quote Originally Posted by ar81 View Post
    Many people in the caravan are people who were deceived by a false expectation. The idea that a caravan would save them time
    Or perhaps they just didn't want to wait around to be kidnapped, raped, tortured and murdered.
    "One day, we shall die. All the other days, we shall live."

Quote Originally Posted by Lewkowski View Post
    I hope Trump's speech on the matter wasn't just him blowing smoke. Catch and no release. Want to wait for your trial for asylum? Enjoy the tent life.
    His speech was race-based fear mongering. Mostly to stoke 'his base' before the election, but also because he ran on "promises" to Build the Wall and keep out the dangerous hordes of brown people invading our country with criminals and killers, and infesting us with disease!

The only legal way to apply for asylum is to physically show up at a US border facility. These people are walking 2,000 miles to do that. They're in large groups for their own safety, to avoid the coyotes and smugglers and exploiters. They're NOT trying to sneak in illegally. Many will stop in Mexico and apply for asylum there, in accordance with international refugee laws, but if Mexico can't house them or process their claims....they'll keep walking toward the US.

Immigration reform is difficult, not just because of politics and economics, but because Human Beings are involved! Real people with real suffering, looking for a better life. Just like YOUR ancestors. But we can 'protect our borders' and modernize policies without acting like sanctimonious pricks that separate families, put kids in cages, or set up tent cities as punishment.

Now that over 5,000 military troops are positioned along our southern border, installing concertina wire and acting as a Human Wall against the invasion....we can rest assured! The Secretaries of Defense and Homeland Security have already visited the troops and given a pep talk about their role as "Confidence Builders". And they'll each get $250/month extra pay for being away from family at Thanksgiving (maybe Christmas too) showing how much Trump loves the military!

We are so safe now, that Trump hasn't mentioned it once since the elections!

Well, they had to launch tear gas at the border today because some migrants (who declared themselves "workers" not refugees) rushed Mexican police blocking the border.

Quote Originally Posted by GGT View Post

We are so safe now, that Trump hasn't mentioned it once since the elections!
    That didn't age well.

Some Mexican owners of stores are allegedly beating migrants because US closed the border and their business are being hurt by that.
    Crossing the border while there is a queue for legal claims does not make any sense. Sounds like they are trying to be defiant towards US government. Challenging a government does not sound like a good idea.
    Last edited by ar81; 11-26-2018 at 03:50 AM.
    Freedom - When people learn to embrace criticism about politicians, since politicians are just employees like you and me.

Last edited by Ominous Gamer; 11-26-2018 at 03:03 PM.
    "In a field where an overlooked bug could cost millions, you want people who will speak their minds, even if they’re sometimes obnoxious about it."

Quote Originally Posted by Lewkowski View Post
    That didn't age well.
    Hey, 19 days is an eon in Trump Time.

The point is that Trump uses fear and loathing of migration/immigration/asylum as a political stunt.
    Trump TV (Fox News) is happy to oblige racist, anti-globalist "Nationalism", and Trump's base eats it up.

If I understand correctly, California liberals welcome latino caravans. May I tell my friends to claim the right to migrate to Kathleen Kennedy's home? If the house is big enough it may have several families. If she pays all expenses from her own money, because liberals are so generous, I am sure this caravan would be grateful. If Bob Iger is generous too, I may tell my friends to migrate to Iger's home too. As he has a big wage, he may afford to pay for all expenses to his guest families.

I have been told people can migrate to live in the houses of liberals, Nicaraguan people in my neighborhood said that. They are making a list of celebrities whose homes will harbor them. I even heard that they some migrants will occupy Soros house. He is a billionaire. I am sure he can pay for lifetime expenses of these families. Liberals are starting to convince me that they are truly generous. If these rich people are giving their homes and money, not taxpayer's money, they are doing the right thing. I also was told that Trudeau's house will be occupied too, so some people want to go to Canada's prime minister house to live there. Does he have a jacuzzi?

The invasion is imminent! Our National Security is at stake!

But don't worry -- our Dear Leader President Trump is prepared to use the broad powers of the Executive to shut down the southern border, even much of the federal gov't, until The Trump Wall is built!

It will be a great big beautiful Wall of concrete, or maybe steel slats (with plaques honoring Trump, of course) and will solve so many problems. Well, even if it doesn't, it will make us look strong. All important places have walls, like the Vatican and Trump properties.

And don't fret about Eminent Domain to take private property, or using the Army Corps of Engineers to build parts of it, or the Military or National Guard to protect it....The Trump Wall will Make America Great Again!

President Trump warns us that thousands of people are preparing to swarm the southern border, again! Another caravan of refugees is coming! They're bringing drugs, crime and disease! Only The Trump Wall will protect us! We must build The Great Trump Wall at any cost!

We should see the wisdom in shutting down the government, and not paying the federal workers who actively protect our borders and prevent or prosecute crimes. Too many unsavory characters are pouring through the southern border. Too many people are applying for refugee/asylum status. They're just using us, making us chumps on the world stage.

He apologizes for the paradox that our great economy attracts so many losers and criminals (dang those criminals are clever, they're great entrepreneurs!).

Build The Wall and crime will fall!

Trump's favorite game: Tower defense.

Trump threatens to CLOSE the southern border! Shut the whole thing down! National Security is more important than trade or the economy....and migrant refugees seeking asylum are dire threats!

The US is full!

No more room for immigrants or refugees. Turn around, go back where you came from!

And we should get rid of all those immigration judges. Such a disgrace, what's happening in the courts!

If Mexico doesn't prevent people from leaving their country and crossing into ours, there'll be a 25% tariff on cars. Not playing games here, folks.

We're supposed to take Trump seriously but not literally? OMG

Our immigration policy is a disgrace, so much that judges try to legislate from the bench because our lawmakers can't come up with a coherent and functional policy.

Quote Originally Posted by Dreadnaught View Post
    Our immigration policy is a disgrace, so much that judges try to legislate from the bench because our lawmakers can't come up with a coherent and functional policy.
    And the executive branch plans to break the laws and pardon everyone. You've got a great system working perfectly there..
    Keep on keepin' the beat alive!

You actually can't blame this one on law-makers in general. Just the GOP. The Democrats have never been in a position the last twenty years to actually do any meaningful reform there. The Republicans have several times. But they can't do it because their umbrella is a fractious mess when it comes to what our immigration policy ought to look like.
    Last night as I lay in bed, looking up at the stars, I thought, “Where the hell is my ceiling?"

Which specific immigration policy is a disgrace? Or do you mean asylum laws?

Quote Originally Posted by LittleFuzzy View Post
    You actually can't blame this one on law-makers in general. Just the GOP. The Democrats have never been in a position the last twenty years to actually do any meaningful reform there. The Republicans have several times. But they can't do it because their umbrella is a fractious mess when it comes to what our immigration policy ought to look like.
    I can't tell if you're serious, but I hope you're not

I can't tell if you're serious, but I hope you're not
    Why would you think I'm not serious? The GOP has undivided control of the government, a man in the Oval Office and a majority in both houses of Congress, for three terms since 2000, 1/3 of this 21st century. During this period they spent a couple of months out of one term wrangling among themselves about immigration reform and never got anywhere close to passing something on to get signed. During Obama's terms there was one major push, a Dem-controlled Senate pushed out a bipartisan bill (with supermajority support, no less). The Republican-controlled House never even made an effort to push out their own bill, much less talk and conference about the Senate's bill.

Immigration reform isn't going to happen for the same reason "Obamacare" is going to stick around. Because the GOP is sick, incompetent, and ineffectual when it comes to addressing major issues or pushing major policy initiatives.
    Last night as I lay in bed, looking up at the stars, I thought, “Where the hell is my ceiling?"