Thread: US midterm elections coverage

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    So, GOP made gains in the Senate, the Democrats took the House (along with flipping six governors). More progress for the GOP in the senior house than I would have expected considering the losses elsewhere, but I'm not surprised they held onto the Senate, not with so many fewer GOP senate seats up for reelection. Looks to me like there's one House seat that is going to go into recounts: the Georgian 6th District has the GOP candidate leading his opponent by 57 votes out of 302,600 cast.

Kobach lost in Kansas, good news. OTOH, it looks like that indicted & racist jackass Duncan Hunter in California's 50th district is going to keep his seat.
    Last night as I lay in bed, looking up at the stars, I thought, “Where the hell is my ceiling?"

Quote Originally Posted by LittleFuzzy View Post
    So, GOP made gains in the Senate, the Democrats took the House (along with flipping six governors). More progress for the GOP in the senior house than I would have expected considering the losses elsewhere, but I'm not surprised they held onto the Senate, not with so many fewer GOP senate seats up for reelection. Looks to me like there's one House seat that is going to go into recounts: the Georgian 6th District has the GOP candidate leading his opponent by 57 votes out of 302,600 cast.

Kobach lost in Kansas, good news. OTOH, it looks like that indicted & racist jackass Duncan Hunter in California's 50th district is going to keep his seat.
    I still have a hard time wrapping my mind around West Virginia. The state that voted for Trump by a greater margin than any other state and they keep electing a "moderate" Democrat to the senate.