Results 1 to 24 of 24

Thread: Idiots / Chipotle

  1. #1

    Default Idiots / Chipotle

    https://www.foxnews.com/us/chipotle-...r-meals-before

    "The restaurant chain Chipotle announced Saturday that it had terminated one of its managers for suggesting in a viral video that five black customers were planning to order food without paying -- but on Sunday, the company acknowledged to Fox News that it was considering re-hiring the manager because her suspicions may have been well-founded.

    In a series of video clips seen more than 3 million times on Twitter, a Chipotle customer in St. Paul, Minn., identifed as 21-year-old Masud Ali, and several friends are told by a manager: "You gotta pay, because you’ve never had money when you come in here.” An employee adds, "We're not gonna make food unless you guys actually have money.

    As Ali and his friends complain about "stereotypes," the videos show employees at the store claiming that the group had previously ordered food on two occasions without paying. The store manager also calls the police in the videos, which were recorded and uploaded by Ali.

    In one video clip, the manager smiles and tries to ignore the men while they produce what appears to be cash, as proof that they can pay for their food. One of the employees visible in the kitchen is black.

    "It sounded really racist — the way she said it was racist,” Ali told Minnesota's Star Tribune newspaper on Friday. “She asked for proof of income as if I’m getting a loan.” On Twitter, Ali asked Chipotle: "Can a group of young well-established African-American get a bite to eat after a long workout session?”

    Ali also posted the restaurant's phone number and address to social media. Within hours and under a deluge of criticism, Chipotle issued a statement implying that the manager had acted out of bias and announcing her termination.

    But on Sunday, as tweets emerged showing that Ali had apparently made a habit of stealing from restaurants, Chipotle walked back its decision."





    What a bunch of morons at Chipotle. There was absolutely no evidence of racial animus in the video. Instead of backing their employee or at least doing a thorough investigation they caved in to the social justice crowd and fired this poor woman for doing her job. Pathetic.

  2. #2
    I thought Lewk was a fan of at-will employment?

    Chipotle has a policy, manager failed to follow policy (several of them actually), manager got fired. How horrible the patron is, and hopefully the exposure here can wrap up a few open dine and dash cases, is irrelevant. There are policies for dealing for troublesome customers too.
    "In a field where an overlooked bug could cost millions, you want people who will speak their minds, even if they’re sometimes obnoxious about it."

  3. #3
    Do you not have disciplinary procedures over there? Here before a manager gets fired there would have to be an investigation and the manager would have a chance to put forward their side of the story. EG 'why' did you say this to them - answer: because this specific person has caused problems before.

    But considering Lewk is the first person to jump on a bandwagon when it suits him and wants people to be killed without an investigation let alone fired without one, I've got little sympathy for him here. At least if someone is only fired they can get their job back, if someone is improperly killed its a bit harder to get their life back. Maybe the lesson here should be don't take drastic actions without thinking first.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ominous Gamer View Post
    Being upset is understandable, but be upset at yourself for poor planning, not at the world by acting like a spoiled bitch during an interview.

  4. #4
    Quote Originally Posted by Ominous Gamer View Post
    I thought Lewk was a fan of at-will employment?

    Chipotle has a policy, manager failed to follow policy (several of them actually), manager got fired. How horrible the patron is, and hopefully the exposure here can wrap up a few open dine and dash cases, is irrelevant. There are policies for dealing for troublesome customers too.
    It never ceases to amaze me how people don't understand libertarian thought. Chipotle was wrong, not all wrong activities should be illegal. Them firing the manger *should not be illegal* however we can still discuss what an utterly idiotic thing it was for them to do. We can still discuss how much fun it is to try to destroy the Chipotle brand by re-circulating the e.coli stories from a few years ago.

    Liberals think "oh no something bad happened, let's make a law" libertarians think, "oh no something bad happened, we aren't going to make it illegal but we can voice our displeasure and vote with our wallets." Do you even understand the difference?

  5. #5
    Quote Originally Posted by RandBlade View Post
    Do you not have disciplinary procedures over there? Here before a manager gets fired there would have to be an investigation and the manager would have a chance to put forward their side of the story. EG 'why' did you say this to them - answer: because this specific person has caused problems before.

    But considering Lewk is the first person to jump on a bandwagon when it suits him and wants people to be killed without an investigation let alone fired without one, I've got little sympathy for him here. At least if someone is only fired they can get their job back, if someone is improperly killed its a bit harder to get their life back. Maybe the lesson here should be don't take drastic actions without thinking first.
    Killing without an investigation? What are you talking about?

  6. #6
    You've made all sorts of celebratory threads cheering on extrajudicial killings. No trial, no investigation just somebody dead and you cheer.

    Chipotle can reinstate someone fired for the weong reasons. Can't unkill someone killed for the wrong reasons.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ominous Gamer View Post
    Being upset is understandable, but be upset at yourself for poor planning, not at the world by acting like a spoiled bitch during an interview.

  7. #7
    Quote Originally Posted by Lewkowski View Post
    It never ceases to amaze me how people don't understand libertarian thought. Chipotle was wrong, not all wrong activities should be illegal. Them firing the manger *should not be illegal* however we can still discuss what an utterly idiotic thing it was for them to do. We can still discuss how much fun it is to try to destroy the Chipotle brand by re-circulating the e.coli stories from a few years ago.

    Liberals think "oh no something bad happened, let's make a law" libertarians think, "oh no something bad happened, we aren't going to make it illegal but we can voice our displeasure and vote with our wallets." Do you even understand the difference?
    So itching to rant that you completely missed the woosh and now you look like a dumbass.
    "In a field where an overlooked bug could cost millions, you want people who will speak their minds, even if they’re sometimes obnoxious about it."

  8. #8
    Quote Originally Posted by RandBlade View Post
    You've made all sorts of celebratory threads cheering on extrajudicial killings. No trial, no investigation just somebody dead and you cheer.

    Chipotle can reinstate someone fired for the weong reasons. Can't unkill someone killed for the wrong reasons.
    I've never suggested it is OK for the state to execute its citizens without a trial. If you are referring to police officers shooting suspects who are attacking or aggressively resisting arrest that is something very different.

  9. #9
    No it's not. I've supported the right of an officer to fire when they feel threatened but I've always expressed remorse that it comes to that and never once cheered the demise of somebody. For whom all to often it was a life or death mistake that has to be made in a split-second.

    To be cheering on people getting killed whether by the Police or by vigilantes, without any trial or thorough criminal investigation, is no different than cheering on the sacking of someone without any disciplinary procedures or thorough disciplinary investigation. You're no better than the lynchmob behind the Chipotle sacking.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ominous Gamer View Post
    Being upset is understandable, but be upset at yourself for poor planning, not at the world by acting like a spoiled bitch during an interview.

  10. #10
    Remember, Lewk thinks throwing rocks is warrant enough for a deadly response, ignoring that its a fucking war crime and all. Thats the type of deprived mentality you're attempting to reason with.
    "In a field where an overlooked bug could cost millions, you want people who will speak their minds, even if they’re sometimes obnoxious about it."

  11. #11
    Ha HA he troll u

    LIBERALS DESTROYED

    MAJOR PWNAGE
    Truth serves them
    Embrace and defend her case
    Part flattery, part threats
    "For those who cling to this domination will partake in its fall"


  12. #12
    Quote Originally Posted by RandBlade View Post
    No it's not. I've supported the right of an officer to fire when they feel threatened but I've always expressed remorse that it comes to that and never once cheered the demise of somebody. For whom all to often it was a life or death mistake that has to be made in a split-second.

    To be cheering on people getting killed whether by the Police or by vigilantes, without any trial or thorough criminal investigation, is no different than cheering on the sacking of someone without any disciplinary procedures or thorough disciplinary investigation. You're no better than the lynchmob behind the Chipotle sacking.
    If a terrorist trips over a rock and cracks open their skull is it a cause for celebration or no?

    Added to that - anytime a person pulls a gun on an officer and is shot and killed in return it creates a deterrent effect that will help save lives in the future.

    RB you seem to have a real hard time taking the situation as a whole into account, the world isn't black and white.

  13. #13
    Quote Originally Posted by Ominous Gamer View Post
    Remember, Lewk thinks throwing rocks is warrant enough for a deadly response, ignoring that its a fucking war crime and all. Thats the type of deprived mentality you're attempting to reason with.
    Rocks are an execution method to this day in some of the shittier countries of the world. People have been killed by thrown rocks. I've never understood the nonsense in thinking that simply because someone wears a uniform they aren't entitled to self defense. If someone throws a rock at you and refuses to stop they are trying to do bodily injury that has the potential of killing you. That's grounds for self defense in all but the most Euro-trash nations.

  14. #14
    Senior Member Flixy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    The Netherlands
    Posts
    5,797
    Quote Originally Posted by Lewkowski View Post
    If a terrorist trips over a rock and cracks open their skull is it a cause for celebration or no?

    Added to that - anytime a person pulls a gun on an officer and is shot and killed in return it creates a deterrent effect that will help save lives in the future.

    RB you seem to have a real hard time taking the situation as a whole into account, the world isn't black and white.
    If a racist gets fired is it a cause for celebration or no? As randblade said at least in this case the actions can be reversed after the truth came out.
    Keep on keepin' the beat alive!

  15. #15
    Let sleeping tigers lie Khendraja'aro's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    In the forests of the night
    Posts
    5,792
    Quote Originally Posted by RandBlade View Post
    I've supported the right of an officer to fire when they feel threatened
    They have the right when they are actually threatened. We have quite a bodycount now because of "feelings", Rand.
    When the stars threw down their spears
    And watered heaven with their tears:
    Did he smile his work to see?
    Did he who made the lamb make thee?

  16. #16
    Quote Originally Posted by Lewkowski View Post
    Rocks are an execution method to this day in some of the shittier countries of the world. People have been killed by thrown rocks. I've never understood the nonsense in thinking that simply because someone wears a uniform they aren't entitled to self defense. If someone throws a rock at you and refuses to stop they are trying to do bodily injury that has the potential of killing you. That's grounds for self defense in all but the most Euro-trash nations.
    Got a few select readings for you:

    https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07D26JRXJ

    https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&sour...=1542803665317

    But thank you for confirming your irrational bloodlust to the forum once again.
    "In a field where an overlooked bug could cost millions, you want people who will speak their minds, even if they’re sometimes obnoxious about it."

  17. #17
    Quote Originally Posted by Lewkowski View Post
    If a terrorist trips over a rock and cracks open their skull is it a cause for celebration or no?

    Added to that - anytime a person pulls a gun on an officer and is shot and killed in return it creates a deterrent effect that will help save lives in the future.

    RB you seem to have a real hard time taking the situation as a whole into account, the world isn't black and white.
    If a racist trips over a rock and cracks open their skull is it a cause for celebration or no?

    Added to that - any time a racist abuses people and is fired in return it creates a deterrent effect that will help prevent abuse in the future.

    Lewk you seem to have a real hard time taking the situation as a whole into account, the world isn't black and white.
    Quote Originally Posted by Khendraja'aro View Post
    They have the right when they are actually threatened. We have quite a bodycount now because of "feelings", Rand.
    There is no subjective difference.

    Objectively there is a difference but then unless we hire only omnipotent gods as officers we're going to have to settle for human beings who can only react with what they subjectively believe at the time with the evidence before them.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ominous Gamer View Post
    Being upset is understandable, but be upset at yourself for poor planning, not at the world by acting like a spoiled bitch during an interview.

  18. #18
    Let sleeping tigers lie Khendraja'aro's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    In the forests of the night
    Posts
    5,792
    Oh fuck that noise. They're cops and not frightened toddlers. They knew what they signed up for and it does NOT include the right to shoot people because they're crying for mommy because they're scared.

    And that means holding off on wildly spraying off bullets until they're SURE that they're being threatened. And not riddle people with holes because they twitched in the "wrong" way. Or were breathing. Or standing still in a threatening manner.
    When the stars threw down their spears
    And watered heaven with their tears:
    Did he smile his work to see?
    Did he who made the lamb make thee?

  19. #19
    Quote Originally Posted by RandBlade View Post
    If a racist trips over a rock and cracks open their skull is it a cause for celebration or no?

    Added to that - any time a racist abuses people and is fired in return it creates a deterrent effect that will help prevent abuse in the future.
    Yup! If a KKK member, Neo-Nazi or Affirmative Action supporter dies that's a good thing. Racists dying is pretty much a universal good.

    And yes firing racists does create a deterrent! Too bad this person *wasn't a racist* Oh and Chipotle has actually reversed their decision and offered to re-hire her. But thanks for playing.

  20. #20
    Way to miss the point. Firing is a reversible decision, Chipotle thought they were doing the wrong thing, got it wrong, and were able to reverse the firing.

    Killing someone isn't reversible. Mistakes like Chipotle's will happen but can't bring the victim back from the dead. But thanks for playing.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ominous Gamer View Post
    Being upset is understandable, but be upset at yourself for poor planning, not at the world by acting like a spoiled bitch during an interview.

  21. #21
    To be fair, it can be reversible. Everyone should follow the example of Jesus - unjustly killed, but he walked it off.
    Greetings, citizen! THE COMPUTER has made you a protector of the underground city of ALPHA COMPLEX. You will have lots of fun rooting out Communist mutant traitors. The Computer says so.

  22. #22
    Let sleeping tigers lie Khendraja'aro's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    In the forests of the night
    Posts
    5,792
    Quote Originally Posted by RandBlade View Post
    Killing someone isn't reversible. Mistakes like Chipotle's will happen but can't bring the victim back from the dead. But thanks for playing.
    And yet you support cops making "mistakes" in a regular manner. Bravo for that grand display of cognitive dissonance.
    When the stars threw down their spears
    And watered heaven with their tears:
    Did he smile his work to see?
    Did he who made the lamb make thee?

  23. #23
    Quote Originally Posted by Khendraja'aro View Post
    And yet you support cops making "mistakes" in a regular manner. Bravo for that grand display of cognitive dissonance.
    I regret it. I also recognise the very real danger American cops face.

    Pulling the trigger should always be a last resort and not celebrated. That's not dissonance.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ominous Gamer View Post
    Being upset is understandable, but be upset at yourself for poor planning, not at the world by acting like a spoiled bitch during an interview.

  24. #24
    Quote Originally Posted by Khendraja'aro View Post
    And yet you support cops making "mistakes" in a regular manner. Bravo for that grand display of cognitive dissonance.
    Reasonable doubt always cuts both ways.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •