Thread: VBulletin Upgrade to 4.2.5

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default VBulletin Upgrade to 4.2.5

Tonight I'll be upgrading the forum to version 4.2.5. This is a waypoint on the way to an upgrade to version 5 to make my life easier, and hopefully fix a few of the bugs that have been creeping in as web browsers have advanced and our forum hasn't.

If anyone wants a preview, the test site I upgraded last night is here. Be aware that some of the links will take you back to the real forum, and I have no intention of fixing those before the upgrade.

When I upgrade to version 5 there'll be a lengthier preview period.

I'll throw a notice up on the main forum here about 30 minutes before the upgrade to let anyone know it's coming. The forum will be shut down for about 10-20 minutes during the upgrade.

A robot may not injure a human being or, through inaction, allow a human being to come to harm. A robot must obey orders given it by human beings except where such orders would conflict with the First Law. A robot must protect its own existence as long as such protection does not conflict with the First or Second Law.
    "One day, we shall die. All the other days, we shall live."

Three laws compliance has been temporarily suspended in order to increase operational efficiency. Adherence to the three laws is scheduled to resume in ERROR#NaN.