Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8910

Thread: Female genital mutilation okay in small doses, says American Academy of Pediatrics

Quote Originally Posted by Dreadnaught View Post
    How is circumcision changing?

I'm aware of the diversity of views, but none of them support the attitude people are taking to basically suggest that little babies are having their dicks cut off.
    Changing attitudes. No longer accepted automatically, as in years past.

You can dress it up all you want, or compare it to ear piercing but permanently removing genital tissue (that has sensory and protective qualities) IS cutting a piece of the dick off.

Of course it's changing, society changes all the time. The disagreement is over the whole protective and necessary part.

But I am taking my silky smooth head to Brooklyn now. Coincidentally to meet with a journalist who writes a lot about sex. I'll ask her opinion for fun.

It's s all the way down!
    In the future, the Berlin wall will be a mile high, and made of steel. You too will be made to crawl, to lick children's blood from jackboots. There will be no creativity, only productivity. Instead of love there will be fear and distrust, instead of surrender there will be submission. Contact will be replaced with isolation, and joy with shame. Hope will cease to exist as a concept. The Earth will be covered with steel and concrete. There will be an electronic policeman in every head. Your children will be born in chains, live only to serve, and die in anguish and ignorance.
    The universe we observe has precisely the properties we should expect if there is, at bottom, no design, no purpose, no evil, no good, nothing but blind, pitiless indifference.

Seriously.

I don't know why everyone even bothers going back and forth at this point with Dread. Obviously America has a long way to go to change cultural attitudes to end practices that are unnecessary on minors. I still find it hypocritical that female genital cutting is barbaric but cutting a male is not. Bizarre way of rationalization there...
    May as well have appendixes, tonsils, huge earlobes removed at birth too. Don't worry, the baby won't remember the pain! And when they are teens, sign them up for automatic boob jobs and liposuction! We all have to look the same you know!

Maybe my mother should have had the large birthmark on my leg removed as a kid, too.

This seemed a news item relevant to this topic.
    Congratulations America

"All 60 of them have septic wounds and are dehydrated," said Eastern Cape health spokesperson Sizwe Kupelo, reports Sapa news agency.

"Four of the boys even need their genitals removed completely, as it could result in death if it's not. We are just waiting for consent from their parents to perform the procedures."