Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Who should be Tory leader/British PM?

Default Who should be Tory leader/British PM?

May is crap and should go. Does anyone disagree? Anyone want to keep her in place?

Rumours abound that after the farce of the vote that never was the 48 letter mark may have been reached today. If so Graham Brady is under no obligation to announce it immediately and out of common decency wouldn't do so while she's out of the country.

If I was a Tory MP I'd send in a letter.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ominous Gamer View Post
    ℬeing upset is understandable, but be upset at yourself for poor planning, not at the world by acting like a spoiled bitch during an interview.

Why should we care? Besides which there isn't an indication that 48 letters have been reached. There is a denial of the claim though.
    Congratulations America

The Tories have no better alternatives for the time being. Whoever you replace her with is likely to be a dumbass or a scumbag.
    "One day, we shall die. All the other days, we shall live."

Quote Originally Posted by Aimless View Post
    The Tories have no better alternatives for the time being. Whoever you replace her with is likely to be a dumbass or a scumbag.
    One seriously have to wonder what it is exactly what that public school/oxbridge education is good for besides empty rhetorics.
    Congratulations America

I am reminded of that old Krishnamurti quote.

Care to share ?
    Congratulations America

Maybe ms Sachsen-Coburg should take back control. Parliament obviously isn't up to it.
    Congratulations America

"It is no measure of health to be well adjusted to a profoundly sick society."

These public school educations are focused on creating people who are well adjusted to the norms of the ruling class rather than on nurturing exceptional competence.

Quote Originally Posted by Aimless View Post
    "It is no measure of health to be well adjusted to a profoundly sick society."

These public school educations are focused on creating people who are well adjusted to the norms of the ruling class rather than on nurturing exceptional competence.
    It seems like that indeed. One is more useless than the other.
    Congratulations America

Heidi Allen, although the chances are negligible.
    There's a man goin' 'round, takin' names
    And he decides who to free and who to blame

Quote Originally Posted by Hazir View Post
    It seems like that indeed. One is more useless than the other.
    Begone, nihilistic cynic.

One seriously have to wonder what it is exactly what that public school/oxbridge education is good for besides empty rhetorics.
    False confidence.
    When the sky above us fell
    We descended into hell
    Into kingdom come

Quote Originally Posted by Steely Glint View Post
    False confidence.
    Now, what if these crazies have the number to call a vote but TM isn't deposed?
    Congratulations America

Farage.
    Hope is the denial of reality

Now, what if these crazies have the number to call a vote but TM isn't deposed?
    They'll bluster and waffle, continue to do their best Billy Bunter impressions and generally be of absolutely no use to anyone, i..e the same they'll do if she is deposed, or if a leadership contest isn't called.

I must say this is a completely pointless and, worse a waste of some very limited time, because even if she is deposed what, exactly, is a new Prime Minister going to do?

The situation is this: there is no majority on parliament of any one of the outcomes available. The EU will not change the deal in any significant way, and even if they did that won't help because the various positions of the interest groups are irreconcilable, so there's a very good chance that even if she does come back with a completely new deal it still won't get parliament. So, stalemate. Either a stalemate with Theresa May or a stalemate with whatever other useless bastard the Tories put in charge, except now we've wasted *7 weeks* watching the Tories have another leadership contest, *which she might not even lose*
    We descended into hell
    Into kingdom come

BBC now is reporting that the 48 threshold has been met.
    Congratulations America

Every pundit is. Go, for the love of God just go!

Hope she has the decency to resign. If the Palace are involved she might.
    ℬeing upset is understandable, but be upset at yourself for poor planning, not at the world by acting like a spoiled bitch during an interview.

Quote Originally Posted by RandBlade View Post
    Every pundit is. Go, for the love of God just go!

Hope she has the decency to resign. If the Palace are involved she might.
    How would the involvement of the Palace be relevant to the outcome?
    Congratulations America

It would mean she's about to resign.
    We descended into hell
    Into kingdom come

So there's going to be a vote tonight.
    Congratulations America

Gove has just said that he's backing the PM 100%.

So, Gove it is.

Edit: Actually, no; I'm hedging my bets on her surviving tonight. She'll be PM tomorrow and safe for another 12 months, providing there's no no-confidence vote in the government.

Quote Originally Posted by Loki View Post
    Farage.
    Quote Originally Posted by Steely Glint View Post
    It's actually the original French billion, which is bi-million, which is a million to the power of 2. We adopted the word, and then they changed it, presumably as revenge for Crecy and Agincourt, and then the treasonous Americans adopted the new French usage and spread it all over the world. And now we have to use it.

And that's Why I'm Voting Leave.

Quote Originally Posted by gogobongopop View Post
    Gove has just said that he's backing the PM 100%.

So, Gove it is.

Edit: Actually, no; I'm hedging my bets on her surviving tonight. She'll be PM tomorrow and safe for another 12 months, providing there's no no-confidence vote in the government.
    I think this is entirely possible.
    Congratulations America

Does anyone even want to take over? Because then you'd actually have to deliver, instead of just complaining.
    Keep on keepin' the beat alive!

I doubt it, all this is just people like rand trying to find blame for backing the shitshow that brexit has become. History will not be kind to any fool that hitches their name to this.
    "In a field where an overlooked bug could cost millions, you want people who will speak their minds, even if they’re sometimes obnoxious about it."

I doubt it, all this is just people like rand trying to find blame for backing the shitshow that brexit has become. History will not be kind to any fool that hitches their name to this.
    I don't know. If she goes, whoever follows geta to be the one who failed.
    Congratulations America

I wonder where we'd all be now if Ed Miliband had won the general election back in 2015. A happier nation, I imagine.

I don't think I've made many significant mistakes in my life, but voting Conservative in 2015 is definitely up there as a major error in judgement. Certainly one I regret.

I then voted Conservative in 2016. Interestingly, I regret this vote far less because I thought switching Governments just after Brexit would have been a Bad Thing. I also naively thought that, given the Tories had a stronghold of Eurosceptics, they'd had a Good Plan to get us out of this nightmare.

I will never, ever vote Conservative again.

We descended into hell
    Into kingdom come

Precisely just imagine the chaos we could have had with Ed Miliband instead of the stability of the last few years (!)

Sky News have 172 publicly expressing support for May. If that's reality then she's won as the winning post is 159, but of course its a secret ballot. The 'payroll vote' kind of have to be loyal in public but don't in the secrecy of the ballot. So who knows it could be close or it could be very one-sided.

There's 15 weeks until Brexit. I can't image why anyone would think spending 7 or more of those weeks having a Tory leadership election was a good idea. If they wanted rid of May they've had ample opportunity before now. Stupid bastards.
    We descended into hell
    Into kingdom come