Thread: Steam Winter Sale

Default Steam Winter Sale

Steam winter sale seems to have begun. Seems to have some sort of advent-calendar style thing going on (not sure what it was I was rewarded to be perfectly honest).

Not seen anything special yet.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ominous Gamer View Post
    ℬeing upset is understandable, but be upset at yourself for poor planning, not at the world by acting like a spoiled bitch during an interview.

I picked up Regalia of Men and Monarchs. Story is pretty eye roll inducing (they try to be funny but... eh) however the tactical combat is really fun. Abilities seem well designed and impactful, fairly cheap with the sale price.

Steam sale has 2 parts. The "calendar" that gives you emotes and backgrounds each day you open a flap. You also get a consumable in your inventory that will give you a winter sale badge, and then some experience when you consume enough of them. You can sell them for a penny or trade them away as well.

You also have the standard card action for buying games and going through your discovery queue.

You can see the consumable badge on my profile and send me a trade request to dump any of those consumables you don't want.

http://steamcommunity.com/id/OminousGamer
    Last edited by Ominous Gamer; 12-26-2018 at 06:11 PM.
    "In a field where an overlooked bug could cost millions, you want people who will speak their minds, even if they’re sometimes obnoxious about it."

Seems that you don't need to log on every day, I've just gone on for the first time (prompted by your replies) and opened days 2-7.
    ℬeing upset is understandable, but be upset at yourself for poor planning, not at the world by acting like a spoiled bitch during an interview.

Good to hear, works just like my kids' chocolate calendars
    "In a field where an overlooked bug could cost millions, you want people who will speak their minds, even if they’re sometimes obnoxious about it."

I was thinking that, though only ever missed 1 day max with those.

Star Traders: Frontiers is worth the price if you don't mind some complexity and a learning curve. Don't be too put off by the graphics.

Makes me think of X universe.

Quote Originally Posted by Wraith View Post
    Star Traders: Frontiers is worth the price if you don't mind some complexity and a learning curve. Don't be too put off by the graphics.
    I don't care too much about graphics but a game has to have a rock solid UI or I won't bother. What's the verdict on this one?

It's adequate. It could be better, you have to learn it a bit, but it's not frustrating to use.

It's better than any Bethesda game, at least. My usability threshold might be a bit low - if the developers don't weirdly insist you should be using a controller for a PC game, I'm happy.

If a great game is released on Steam then I would rather not wait for discount and will buy the game right away.
    <some emblem thing removed by admin>