Thread: France lol

Default France lol

https://www.france24.com/en/20190111...y-taxes-police

"Bank run ‘difficult, if not impossible’

Yet French banks remain unfazed by the proposal, as the amount necessary to have a negative impact exceeds the daily limits many banks in France allow clients to withdraw from ATMs.

“There is very little chance it will work,” FRANCE 24’s business editor Christophe Dansette explained. “The amount of money French people have deposited in banks is estimated at €1.5 trillion, according to the Bank of France. Of this amount, €390 billion is currently (available). Every French person would therefore have to withdraw €5,800. This is very difficult, if not impossible, considering that cash withdrawals from ATMs are limited.”

Dansette said that none of the banks he has spoken to have taken any steps to protect their institutions from the plan.

“There has never been a deliberate run on a bank [in France],” he added.

The idea to organise a bank run gained support among the Yellow Vest movement in recent weeks as they sought new ways to maintain public, political and press attention.

The movement – which began last year in response to a direct tax on diesel fuel – appeared to lose some of its momentum after President Emmanuel Macron announced a number of concessions in December."

On the plus side a bank run isn't violence in the street, on the other hand its monumentally stupid and very unlikely to work or be effective.

What's the point of this thread? Or the humour in it to lol over?
    Quote Originally Posted by Ominous Gamer View Post
    ℬeing upset is understandable, but be upset at yourself for poor planning, not at the world by acting like a spoiled bitch during an interview.

He needed something to help him move on after the embarrassing disaster his last thread turned into. And in his pathetic little mind "France, lol" is still a valid fallback response.
    "In a field where an overlooked bug could cost millions, you want people who will speak their minds, even if they’re sometimes obnoxious about it."

Quote Originally Posted by RandBlade View Post
    What's the point of this thread? Or the humour in it to lol over?
    Humor at world events. I suppose I could have made a thread about Venezuela but well its old news and now its more depressing than humorous as their suffering continues.

Lewk, there are plenty of political "movements" around the world. Seems to me you're hung up on any group that protests the status quo (like your German thread) that you can't see the bigger picture. You conflate so many things it's hard to know if you're just uninformed or purposely ignorant.

Yes, world events are depressing, and sometimes we have to laugh at the absurdity of it all, as a coping mechanism! But there's a fine line between opinions and politics...and saying stupid shit just to inflame or titillate human emotions. You don't need to do that here. And you can lose the US 'supremacy' tone, too.

Quote Originally Posted by GGT View Post
    Lewk, there are plenty of political "movements" around the world. Seems to me you're hung up on any group that protests the status quo (like your German thread) that you can't see the bigger picture. You conflate so many things it's hard to know if you're just uninformed or purposely ignorant.
    I have no problems with peaceful protest that doesn't interfere with the rights of passage of other people. For example the vast majority of Tea Party protests protested exactly the way they should. They obeyed local laws and ordinances, they didn't block traffic AND they even picked up after themselves!

I have never defended those morons.