Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 30 of 62

Thread: Gillette goes full SJW, attacks white men

  1. #1

    Default Gillette goes full SJW, attacks white men

    Check out this video from Gillette - https://youtu.be/koPmuEyP3a0 White men are rapist, over sexualized bullies, and must be stopped according to Gillette. Why would Gillette do this?

  2. #2
    That commercial is cringe.

  3. #3
    I imagine this is here strictly for masturbatory purposes.

  4. #4
    This Vicious Cabaret Unheard Of's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    401
    Quote Originally Posted by Lewkowski View Post
    That commercial is cringe.
    I think it's a good message and the howls of outrage from the pro-rape/'mens rights' groups are hilarious. Surely you enjoy seeing a few snowflakes triggered Lewk?
    Greetings, citizen! THE COMPUTER has made you a protector of the underground city of ALPHA COMPLEX. You will have lots of fun rooting out Communist mutant traitors. The Computer says so.

  5. #5
    "In a field where an overlooked bug could cost millions, you want people who will speak their minds, even if they’re sometimes obnoxious about it."

  6. #6
    Quote Originally Posted by Unheard Of View Post
    I think it's a good message and the howls of outrage from the pro-rape/'mens rights' groups are hilarious. Surely you enjoy seeing a few snowflakes triggered Lewk?
    People are just tired of being lectured at and the doubt standards are kinda annoying. I can just imagine if they did a follow-up commercial showing fatherless black kids and demand 'to do better' for member's of the black community. The howling would echo across twitter for ages.

  7. #7
    um, I understand that you're way out of your depth here, but "fatherless black kids" is a very well understood and openly discussed issue among the community you're so poorly trying to disparage.


    if you feel you're being lectured act, maybe you should ask yourself: "Why?"
    "In a field where an overlooked bug could cost millions, you want people who will speak their minds, even if they’re sometimes obnoxious about it."

  8. #8
    Quote Originally Posted by Ominous Gamer View Post
    um, I understand that you're way out of your depth here, but "fatherless black kids" is a very well understood and openly discussed issue among the community you're so poorly trying to disparage.


    if you feel you're being lectured act, maybe you should ask yourself: "Why?"
    And a commercial from a razor company pointing out the issue with black families isn't going to instantly get condemned as racist? What world do you live in?

  9. #9
    Quote Originally Posted by Lewkowski View Post
    People are just tired of being lectured at and the doubt standards are kinda annoying. I can just imagine if they did a follow-up commercial showing fatherless black kids and demand 'to do better' for member's of the black community. The howling would echo across twitter for ages.
    Textbook snowflake.
    Hope is the denial of reality

  10. #10
    Quote Originally Posted by Lewkowski View Post
    And a commercial from a razor company pointing out the issue with black families isn't going to instantly get condemned as racist? What world do you live in?
    you could easily make a commercial about family structures without making it about race. But morons like you want to make everything about race, just like your fellow racists getting butthurt over the sexual harasser in this ad not being black.
    "In a field where an overlooked bug could cost millions, you want people who will speak their minds, even if they’re sometimes obnoxious about it."

  11. #11
    Quote Originally Posted by Loki View Post
    Textbook snowflake.
    Yeah calling a commercial annoying is absolutely REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE EEEEEEEE levels of snowflakery.

    Here is an example of a snowflake:

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZIpkdusnIkE

  12. #12
    Quote Originally Posted by Ominous Gamer View Post
    you could easily make a commercial about family structures without making it about race. But morons like you want to make everything about race, just like your fellow racists getting butthurt over the sexual harasser in this ad not being black.
    Sexism is just as bad as racism, I also didn't make a single argument about the race of the people in the commercial so not sure where you are coming from, if someone else makes that argument argue about it with them.

  13. #13
    Quote Originally Posted by Lewkowski View Post
    Sexism is just as bad as racism
    How god damn dense and delusional does one have to be to give this type of response for Gillette's commercial? I mean, holy shit dude, you have to be drunk at this point.
    "In a field where an overlooked bug could cost millions, you want people who will speak their minds, even if they’re sometimes obnoxious about it."

  14. #14
    Quote Originally Posted by Ominous Gamer View Post
    How god damn dense and delusional does one have to be to give this type of response for Gillette's commercial? I mean, holy shit dude, you have to be drunk at this point.
    At this point I can only assume you are low key trolling. You know damn well what the reaction would be if the shoe was on the other foot. If the commercial talked about Islam, or blacks, or Hispanics people would be screeching for ages. I personally find the commercial pathetic and pandering in attempt to earn "woke" points. It is annoying and deserves an eye roll and a dismissal. The fun part in discussing it is revealing the hypocrisy of liberals.

  15. #15
    "In a field where an overlooked bug could cost millions, you want people who will speak their minds, even if they’re sometimes obnoxious about it."

  16. #16

  17. #17
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Amsterdam/Istanbul
    Posts
    10,334
    Quote Originally Posted by Lewkowski View Post
    Yeah calling a commercial annoying is absolutely REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE EEEEEEEE levels of snowflakery.

    Here is an example of a snowflake:

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZIpkdusnIkE
    Whining about it for days on the other hand....
    Greece shows us that there is a kind of politician worse than the ones that break their election promises; the ones that keep their election promises.

  18. #18
    Quote Originally Posted by Lewkowski View Post
    And a commercial from a razor company pointing out the issue with black families isn't going to instantly get condemned as racist? What world do you live in?
    Do you have an issue with "black, fatherless kids" because they are black? Or because they are fatherless?
    Quote Originally Posted by Ominous Gamer View Post
    Being upset is understandable, but be upset at yourself for poor planning, not at the world by acting like a spoiled bitch during an interview.

  19. #19
    Coming back to this the next day and I simply don't believe the behavior from lewk this simple ad provoked. We get an ad asking men to not be assholes and he invoked his racism, xenophobia, sexism, and islamophobia. While being unable to discuss why the ad triggered him so sorely.
    "In a field where an overlooked bug could cost millions, you want people who will speak their minds, even if they’re sometimes obnoxious about it."

  20. #20
    Stingy DM Veldan Rath's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Maine! And yes, we have plumbing!
    Posts
    3,008
    I like the message of don’t be a douchebag.

    I just think it’s virtue signaling from a corporation trying to cash in on the current wave of men suck.

    You know, one of those evil coprorations that don’t pay thier fair share?
    Brevior saltare cum deformibus viris est vita

  21. #21
    Quote Originally Posted by Ominous Gamer View Post
    Coming back to this the next day and I simply don't believe the behavior from lewk this simple ad provoked.
    Why, though? The "are u triggered SNOWFLAKE?????(thats right i said SNOWFLAKE)" crowd has always been like this: as in, they can dish it out but they can't take it.

    I knew Lewk would not be able to restrain himself from responding to this thread, even though it was started by a bot, the moment I saw it.
    Last edited by Steely Glint; 01-19-2019 at 11:13 AM.
    Genie let out of the bottle, it is now the witching hour
    Murderers, you're murderers, we are not the same as you
    When the walls bend with your breathing
    They will suck you down to the other side, with the shadows blue and red
    Your alarm bells; they should be ringing
    This is the gloaming

  22. #22
    Gillette also make products for women.

    It would have been perfectly feasible to make such an advert that advocates responsible, accountable and respectful behaviour for everyone.

    The fact that they didn't makes me a bit uncomfortable with it.

  23. #23
    Quote Originally Posted by Steely Glint View Post
    Why, though? The "are u triggered SNOWFLAKE?????(thats right i said SNOWFLAKE)" crowd has always been like this: as in, they can dish it about but they can't take it.

    I knew Lewk would not be able to restrain himself from responding to this thread, even though it was started by a bot, the moment I saw it.


    We all knew that lewk was going to embarrass himself. Thats pretty much a given on literally any social issue. I wasn't expecting for him to come into the thread so tone deaf, and repeatedly go all in to reinforce the idea for why the ad exists in the first place.
    "In a field where an overlooked bug could cost millions, you want people who will speak their minds, even if they’re sometimes obnoxious about it."

  24. #24
    Quote Originally Posted by Veldan Rath View Post
    I like the message of don’t be a douchebag.

    I just think it’s virtue signaling from a corporation trying to cash in on the current wave of men suck.

    You know, one of those evil coprorations that don’t pay thier fair share?
    It doesn't say men suck. It says don't be a dick.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ominous Gamer View Post
    Being upset is understandable, but be upset at yourself for poor planning, not at the world by acting like a spoiled bitch during an interview.

  25. #25
    Looking at it from the wrong angle. Veldan didn't describe the ad as "men suck" just that its latching on to the "men suck" wave.

    The question that raises is why veldan sees the current movement for accountability, equality, metoo, etc and interprets it as "men suck" instead of "people who act like dicks suck"
    "In a field where an overlooked bug could cost millions, you want people who will speak their minds, even if they’re sometimes obnoxious about it."

  26. #26
    direction of this thread reminded me of this project from last year

    "In a field where an overlooked bug could cost millions, you want people who will speak their minds, even if they’re sometimes obnoxious about it."

  27. #27
    Quote Originally Posted by Lewkowski View Post
    Yeah calling a commercial annoying is absolutely REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE EEEEEEEE levels of snowflakery.

    Here is an example of a snowflake:

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZIpkdusnIkE
    You're being triggered by someone daring to suggest there are bad men out there. The very possibility that your gender is imperfect triggers a reaction. If that's not what being a snowflake is about, I don't know what is.
    Hope is the denial of reality

  28. #28
    trigger warning

    "In a field where an overlooked bug could cost millions, you want people who will speak their minds, even if they’re sometimes obnoxious about it."

  29. #29
    I have to admit this thread, even though it exposes our shameful weakness to manipulation by political bots, is also very interesting from a sociological perspective. The cynical commercial exploitation of political/social issues can often seem distasteful, but this one, I think, is an example of how to do it right.
    “Humanity's greatest advances are not in its discoveries, but in how those discoveries are applied to reduce inequity.”
    — Bill Gates

  30. #30
    Nah it's silly. I don't need to be told how I should behave by a condescending tv advert. I find it patronising.
    Quote Originally Posted by Steely Glint View Post
    It's actually the original French billion, which is bi-million, which is a million to the power of 2. We adopted the word, and then they changed it, presumably as revenge for Crecy and Agincourt, and then the treasonous Americans adopted the new French usage and spread it all over the world. And now we have to use it.

    And that's Why I'm Voting Leave.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •