Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: If this is a hoax... what should be this man's punishment?

Quote Originally Posted by Ominous Gamer View Post
    ℬeing upset is understandable, but be upset at yourself for poor planning, not at the world by acting like a spoiled bitch during an interview.

Quote Originally Posted by RandBlade View Post
    [A police department source told the newspaper the chief of police was "furious" because the case was "rock solid".

Mr Smollett voluntarily agreed to give up his $10,000 (£7,500) bail money, his lawyer said, emphasising there had been no deal with state prosecutors.]

Wow they even sealed the case... so much for transparency.

https://lawandcrime.com/high-profile...akes-no-sense/

"Bianchi said that remarks by the prosecutors “make no sense,” and the idea that Smollett would do service goes against how criminal cases normally work. “You can’t do community service for an offense until you’ve been convicted and sentenced,” he said.

The public will not be able to learn more details about the case, due to it now being sealed. In Illinois, if a case ends without a conviction, the defendant can request that the record be sealed immediately so no one can see it. Illinois’ Criminal Identification Act says cases “resulting in acquittal or dismissal with prejudice … may be sealed immediately if the petition is filed with the circuit court clerk on the same day and during the same hearing in which the case is disposed."

Chicago corruption at its finest. Just goes to show if you are a liberal celebrity there are different rules for you.

http://www.citypages.com/news/minnea...reat/507300961

So, whats the appropriate punishment here?
    "In a field where an overlooked bug could cost millions, you want people who will speak their minds, even if they’re sometimes obnoxious about it."

Did you not read page 2?

so is "lock him up" just a blanket answer we'll going to use for everything bad now? regardless of live's ruin, hardships created, etc?
    "In a field where an overlooked bug could cost millions, you want people who will speak their minds, even if they’re sometimes obnoxious about it."

so is "lock him up" just a blanket answer we'll going to use for everything bad now? regardless of live's ruin, hardships created, etc?
    Don't file false police reports. False accusations are a huge issue and those do destroy lives.

Quote Originally Posted by Lewkowski View Post
    False accusations are a huge issue
    Can you quantify it?
    There's a man goin' 'round, takin' names
    And he decides who to free and who to blame

He still hasn't bothered to actually answer the question

He still hasn't bothered to actually answer the question
    Lock everyone does bad? No there are plenty of bad things that shouldn't be illegal. (Drug laws etc). There are other laws are better dealt with fines such as minor traffic violations. However things like theft, home invasion, arson, rape, murder, attempted murder, terrorism, false police reports, perjury, fraud etc should always get prison sentences.

http://www.citypages.com/news/minnea...reat/507300961

So, whats the appropriate punishment here?

1 year jail. Should be the standard for anyone filling malicious false police reports.

So how does this claim:

Just goes to show if you are a liberal celebrity there are different rules for you.
    sync with this suggestion,

1 year jail. Should be the standard for anyone filling malicious false police reports.
    considering Wohl wasn't even arrested or charged? Which would suggest an even more preferential treatment at the hands of police.

https://wgntv.com/2019/03/27/chicago...tt-case-files/

"All of the police reports released to WGN were in response to a Freedom of Information Act request. Just as quickly as those documents arrived in reporters’ inboxes, a judge slapped police back, reminding them these documents, along with the rest of the Smollett case file, were sealed Tuesday when prosecutors’ dropped their case."

Hahah the Chicago PD just went Andrew Jackson on the judge's seal.

I have to say, that was a really dumb ruling. Sometimes you have to take public opinion into account. Not to convict an innocent man, of course, but to pursue charges on a relatively minor matter (as long as there's sufficient evidence, which seems to be the case here).
    Hope is the denial of reality

This whole thing is a farce.

So this is back now that a judge has appointed a special prosecutor to investigate irregularities around the dismissal of the Smollett case. Today, the body cam footage was released of the first police contact with Smollett regarding this crime, along with a bunch of other evidence.

Raw video:

The story that never stops giving.

Quote Originally Posted by Aimless View Post
    This will be a super interesting discussion when it's proven that this gay black liberal was lying, but, until then, it's about as interesting as discussing how you should be punished if it turns out you beat your wife and children with a cane, ie. not very.
    Now that we know Jussie was lying - let's have that "super interesting discussion." Wave your magic wand, be the entirety of our criminal justice system - what is the appropriate punishment for:

*Inflaming racial tensions
    *Wasting police resources in a city with frequent murders
    *Filing a false police report
    *Attempting to demonize political opponents with fake hate crimes
    *Make true victims less likely to be believed

Go for it - show me your justice.

Regulating Social Media might be a good start.

https://www.nbcnews.com/pop-culture/...andal-n1236071

"Jussie Smollett's sister, actress Jurnee Smollett, is maintaining her brother's innocence in her first public comments since he was accused of filing a false report about an alleged hate crime last year."

Add Jurnee Smollett to the list of idiots. She knows her brother lied but is trying to cover for him. Such a sad pathetic family.

https://www.nbcnews.com/pop-culture/...andal-n1236071

"Jussie Smollett's sister, actress Jurnee Smollett, is maintaining her brother's innocence in her first public comments since he was accused of filing a false report about an alleged hate crime last year."

Add Jurnee Smollett to the list of idiots. She knows her brother lied but is trying to cover for him. Such a sad pathetic family.
    You're covering for a criminal president you ridiculous fuckwit. Let he who is not a craven dumbfuck cast the first stone.
    "One day, we shall die. All the other days, we shall live."

Quote Originally Posted by Aimless View Post
    You're covering for a criminal president you ridiculous fuckwit. Let he who is not a craven dumbfuck cast the first stone.
    What does Trump have to do with Jussie?

We really need to give that guy an award, for triggering the paleos like Lewk this much.
    Last night as I lay in bed, looking up at the stars, I thought, “Where the hell is my ceiling?"

What does Trump have to do with Jussie?
    My point is that you're sad and pathetic not only by our standards but also by your own.

https://nypost.com/2021/12/02/jussie...t-one-of-them/

CHICAGO — Jussie Smollett’s attorneys asked for a mistrial Thursday after the judge called their evidence irrelevant in front of the jury and “physically lunged” at one of the actor’s lawyers.

The odd fracas came in the midst of the defense’s cross-examination of Olabinjo Osundairo, who claims he was paid to help Smollett stage the hate crime, as attorney Tamara Walker grilled him about his alleged homophobia and past derogatory remarks toward suspected gay men.

Osundairo, 30, had just acknowledged he used the word “fruity ass” to refer to a man he suspected was gay and Walker asked if Smollett, who is openly gay, knew he’d said such things in the past.

Judge James Linn called the line of questioning “collateral” in front of the jury, indicating it didn’t have any relevance to the crime Smollett’s on trial for because it was from a past event, prompting Walker to ask for a sidebar.

While the attorneys were conferring with Linn, Walker claimed he “physically lunged” at her when she presented the motion for a mistrial, a claim the justice vigorously denied and which was not witnessed by The Post.

“When you said the word mistrial on these grounds, frankly I was stunned you’d even consider a mistrial based on this,” Linn said.

Are Jussie's lawyers as nutty as he is? Man oh man I wish cameras had been allowed in the court room.

https://nypost.com/2021/12/02/jussie...t-one-of-them/

CHICAGO — Jussie Smollett’s attorneys asked for a mistrial Thursday after the judge called their evidence irrelevant in front of the jury and “physically lunged” at one of the actor’s lawyers.

The odd fracas came in the midst of the defense’s cross-examination of Olabinjo Osundairo, who claims he was paid to help Smollett stage the hate crime, as attorney Tamara Walker grilled him about his alleged homophobia and past derogatory remarks toward suspected gay men.

Osundairo, 30, had just acknowledged he used the word “fruity ass” to refer to a man he suspected was gay and Walker asked if Smollett, who is openly gay, knew he’d said such things in the past.

Judge James Linn called the line of questioning “collateral” in front of the jury, indicating it didn’t have any relevance to the crime Smollett’s on trial for because it was from a past event, prompting Walker to ask for a sidebar.

While the attorneys were conferring with Linn, Walker claimed he “physically lunged” at her when she presented the motion for a mistrial, a claim the justice vigorously denied and which was not witnessed by The Post.

“When you said the word mistrial on these grounds, frankly I was stunned you’d even consider a mistrial based on this,” Linn said.

Are Jussie's lawyers as nutty as he is? Man oh man I wish cameras had been allowed in the court room.
    If I were a judge with no impulse-control and major anger-management issues I would've banned cameras from my courtroom too.

We just had a massive school shootings, with the shooter's parents going on the run, so why am I not surprised that this is the case that's troubling Lewk?
    Hope is the denial of reality

Quote Originally Posted by Loki View Post
    We just had a massive school shootings, with the shooter's parents going on the run, so why am I not surprised that this is the case that's troubling Lewk?
    I'm surprised he hasn't thrown some prayer hands into his profile pic.

You laugh now, but one day Lewkowski will finally locate the liberal who is a big enough hypocrite that it will make trickle down economics work, free markets self-regulating, the police not racist and punitive approaches to law and order effective.
    When the sky above us fell
    We descended into hell
    Into kingdom come