Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: If this is a hoax... what should be this man's punishment?

Default If this is a hoax... what should be this man's punishment?

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news...d-over-n965371

"CHICAGO — "Empire" actor Jussie Smollett has refused to turn over his cellphone to detectives, who are investigating the alleged attack that sent him to the hospital earlier this week, Chicago police said Thursday.

The actor declined to share telephone records that could show he was speaking with his manager just as the alleged assault happened early Tuesday morning in Chicago, police spokesman Anthony Guglielmi told NBC News.

Smollett has told police he was confronted by two men who allegedly hurled racist and homophobic slurs just before they beat him up. They are investigating the case as a possible hate crime.

The manager has told police he heard the attackers say, "This is MAGA country," during the assault, officials said.

When police asked Smollett for his cellphone and records to confirm the call, he refused to share them, according to Guglielmi.

If someone falsely makes a claim like this which leads to inflamed racial hatred, hundreds of hours of police time and possibly doxing of innocent people. What should be his punishment? We can discuss how likely someone assaulted him in freezing temperature weapons in Chicago claiming "This is MAGA country" but I'm more interested in what the proper judicial punishment should be if it can be proven beyond a reasonable doubt that this was indeed a hoax.

I seriously wonder what the relevance of the phone record is. And I think that a black man in the USA has every reason not to give the police access to personal information.
    Congratulations America

To clarify, because Lewk is a god damn moron, the actor did not refuse to hand over his phone records. He declined to hand over his phone, which is smart. Not that Lewk cares, OP stinks of distraction (regardless of the true story).
    Last edited by Ominous Gamer; 02-01-2019 at 01:18 PM.
    "In a field where an overlooked bug could cost millions, you want people who will speak their minds, even if they’re sometimes obnoxious about it."

Punishment? Reading your posts.
    There's a man goin' 'round, takin' names
    And he decides who to free and who to blame

And here we have another example that judicious minimal necessary application of police power is only a good or desirable thing when the person involved is a middle or upper class white man. Everyone else should be expected to kow-tow to the police and respect any exceeding of their authority or requirements because the police are the government, damnit! Phone records aren't enough, you have to let them have complete access to anything and everything you might have on your phone as well, no matter how irrelevant or unnecessary it is. Because you're black. That certainly wasn't Lewk's reaction when a far-right European politician was making things up about an attack. Then it was "trust him, he's white".
    Last night as I lay in bed, looking up at the stars, I thought, “Where the hell is my ceiling?"

This will be a super interesting discussion when it's proven that this gay black liberal was lying, but, until then, it's about as interesting as discussing how you should be punished if it turns out you beat your wife and children with a cane, ie. not very.
    "One day, we shall die. All the other days, we shall live."

Quote Originally Posted by LittleFuzzy View Post
    That certainly wasn't Lewk's reaction when a far-right European politician was making things up about an attack. Then it was "trust him, he's white".
    Bull shit and you know it. Go back and read the post. If I link a story it isn't an endorsement of the story, I'll spell it out for you very clearly what my take on it. And my take on that story is that European politicians were much faster to condemn violence than the Democrats are.

Quote Originally Posted by Aimless View Post
    This will be a super interesting discussion when it's proven that this gay black liberal was lying, but, until then, it's about as interesting as discussing how you should be punished if it turns out you beat your wife and children with a cane, ie. not very.
    It makes it better to get people's stated position before it is proven one way or another (and potentially never proven one way or another). But there are plenty of other fake hate crime hoax stories out there, if I pick one for you, will you answer the question in terms of what negative repercussions the wolf criers deserve?

Quote Originally Posted by Lewkowski View Post
    Bull shit and you know it. Go back and read the post. If I link a story it isn't an endorsement of the story, I'll spell it out for you very clearly what my take on it. And my take on that story is that European politicians were much faster to condemn violence than the Democrats are.
    Did you say the following when you posted that other article?
    If someone falsely makes a claim like this which leads to inflamed racial hatred, hundreds of hours of police time and possibly doxing of innocent people. What should be his punishment? We can discuss how likely someone assaulted him in freezing temperature weapons in (Europe) claiming "This is (liberal) country" but I'm more interested in what the proper judicial punishment should be if it can be proven beyond a reasonable doubt that this was indeed a hoax.
    No? Then you're lying now. It was an endorsement. Your behavior makes it quite clear. You react like the above when it's not someone of your own race and class, and you express righteousness when it is someone from your own race and class.
    Last night as I lay in bed, looking up at the stars, I thought, “Where the hell is my ceiling?"

Lewkowski; you are a racist. And the main reason why I would say that is that you willfully deny the institutionalized racism that black people in the USA have to face on a daily basis.

There was a time I would reject the notion of white privilege, but people like you make me realize that it's actually real and not going anywhere any time soon.
    Congratulations America

Quote Originally Posted by Hazir View Post
    Lewkowski; you are a racist. And the main reason why I would say that is that you willfully deny the institutionalized racism that black people in the USA have to face on a daily basis.

There was a time I would reject the notion of white privilege, but people like you make me realize that it's actually real and not going anywhere any time soon.
    Asians probably have the most institutionalized racism when it comes to college admissions. They literally were subtracted points just based on their race at Harvard admissions.

You can't dig yourself out of this hole by dragging in more talking points racists love to use to distract from their racism.
    Congratulations America

Asians probably have the most institutionalized racism when it comes to college admissions. They literally were subtracted points just based on their race at Harvard admissions.
    That's a pretty dumb misrepresentation of the Harvard AA lawsuit. It reminds me of the last time you tried to lie about AA studies.

It makes it better to get people's stated position before it is proven one way or another (and potentially never proven one way or another). But there are plenty of other fake hate crime hoax stories out there, if I pick one for you, will you answer the question in terms of what negative repercussions the wolf criers deserve?
    Wow, so many hoax stories and fake hate crimes "out there"! All perpetuated by non-white men, or women! There must be a vast left wing conspiracy against white males! Now is the time for all good men to come to the aid of their country!

Quote Originally Posted by Aimless View Post
    That's a pretty dumb misrepresentation of the Harvard AA lawsuit. It reminds me of the last time you tried to lie about AA studies.
    Oh I'm sorry they just uniformly subtracted points from Asian applicants for "personality" reasons.

Oh I'm sorry they just uniformly subtracted points from Asian applicants for "personality" reasons.
    You should be sorry, because that is nearly as inane an interpretation of the evidence as your interpretation of AA research.

https://threadreaderapp.com/thread/1...622031872.html

https://observer.com/2015/06/asian-a...ow-they-think/

It's increasingly looking like a hoax.
    Hope is the denial of reality

https://bigleaguepolitics.com/pelosi...ssie-smollett/

LOL

So... let's stop talking about a hypothetical. What consequences should this little bitch face?

I thank you for outing yourself by posting a link to a far right QAnon website.

If it is a hoax, he really played into the sensibilities of the media elite.

Dread, just how much time have you been spending at Mar-a-Lago?

I've not been following this story but didn't you just say you thought it was a hoax?
    Quote Originally Posted by Ominous Gamer View Post
    ℬeing upset is understandable, but be upset at yourself for poor planning, not at the world by acting like a spoiled bitch during an interview.

Ummm...Dread can be a jerk and still be correct on how crazy the media and certain politicians went on this.
    Brevior saltare cum deformibus viris est vita

Still waiting... no one wants to suggest an appropriate sentence for this dude?

Quote Originally Posted by RandBlade View Post
    I've not been following this story but didn't you just say you thought it was a hoax?
    His claim was the story wasn't newsworthy. That only the "elite media" would turn it into a story. Clearly it was a story whether it was real or a hoax. Using that kind of language just parrots Trump...and doesn't make any sense.

If he paid someone to assault him, then the appropriate punishment is whatever the law specifies & a court finds to be appropriate for filing a false report & fabricating/tampering with evidence, plus whatever consequences the loss of credibility may have for his career. What do you want people to say, that he should be stoned, hanged, drawn & quartered? Jesus you're one weird mofo. More interesting that you're happily linking to far-right QAnon websites.

An award, for riling up you and people like you? Turn about being fair play.

I already responded to this up-thread, perhaps you missed it.
    There's a man goin' 'round, takin' names
    And he decides who to free and who to blame

The cops were claiming it was legit. How else were they supposed to verify?