Thread: Threats against LEO should be taken more seriously

Default Threats against LEO should be taken more seriously

https://www.tennessean.com/story/new...nt/3027058002/

"A second protester, Jeneisha Harris, 22, was arrested Thursday on a charge of disorderly conduct and released on a $150 bond.

According to an affidavit for Harris' arrest, she crawled under ropes surrounding the Forrest bust and resisted as troopers attempted to remove her.

As a female trooper grabbed her arm to take her into custody, Harris told the trooper, "If you touch me, I swear to God it will be the last time you touch anybody else," the affidavit says.

Harris was also ordered to stay away from the two buildings."

That sounds like a terroristic threat to me.

""If you touch me, I swear to God it will be the last time you touch anybody else,""

A terroristic threat targeting a member of law enforcement for doing their job. When will we get serious about destroying the lives of these people? Peaceful protesters should never have to fear the government. But violent ones should be deathly afraid of committing any sort of violent action.

Well, for starters we're going to wait until they do something felonious. You're only in favor of convicting people for pre-crime when they're objecting to racism and racist icons, for some odd reason.

It's such a good thing you're not a cop. I can't imagine how many couple you'd have shot to death while called out on domestic disturbance complaints. Terrorists, every single one, making threats against US citizens. Unconscionable.
    Last night as I lay in bed, looking up at the stars, I thought, “Where the hell is my ceiling?"

Quote Originally Posted by LittleFuzzy View Post
    Well, for starters we're going to wait until they do something felonious. You're only in favor of convicting people for pre-crime when they're objecting to racism and racist icons, for some odd reason.

It's such a good thing you're not a cop. I can't imagine how many couple you'd have shot to death while called out on domestic disturbance complaints. Terrorists, every single one, making threats against US citizens. Unconscionable.
    Threats in domestic situations should also be taken seriously.

However that generally isn't terrorism because it isn't done for a political cause. Threats of Violence + Political Cause = terrorism. If you subtract the political component of it, then it is a normal crime. And don't get me wrong I'm ALL about throwing the book at normal crime either but society as a whole has decided that terrorism is heinous enough to warrant additional scrutiny and consequences.

Objecting to being touched isn't a threat of violence with a political cause.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ominous Gamer View Post
    ℬeing upset is understandable, but be upset at yourself for poor planning, not at the world by acting like a spoiled bitch during an interview.

Quote Originally Posted by RandBlade View Post
    Objecting to being touched isn't a threat of violence with a political cause.
    They were resisting after attempting to circumvent the boundary set up for safety reasons. "You put cuffs on me and I'll kill you" is essentially what they were saying here.

Oh bollocks to that.
    ℬeing upset is understandable, but be upset at yourself for poor planning, not at the world by acting like a spoiled bitch during an interview.

Lewk pretty much dug his own hole here, but to recap, the problem is that he thinks this:

"If you touch me, I swear to God it will be the last time you touch anybody else,"

means this:

"You put cuffs on me and I'll kill you"
    "In a field where an overlooked bug could cost millions, you want people who will speak their minds, even if they’re sometimes obnoxious about it."

Lewk pretty much dug his own hole here, but to recap, the problem is that he thinks this:

"If you touch me, I swear to God it will be the last time you touch anybody else,"

means this:

"You put cuffs on me and I'll kill you"
    And... yeah? People touch others throughout the day if you never touch anyone again it probably means you are dead.

You'd be singing a different tune if the person's name was Jane instead of Jeneisha.
    Hope is the denial of reality