Thread: You can't always get what you want - the UK's grandstanding over ISIS sympathizers

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Unheard Of View Post
    I haven't seen any other suggestions that she fought for ISIS.

For whatever it's worth, I think she should return to the UK and have her actions judged in court. She grew up here and has more of a connection here than anywhere else. I suspect the Home Secretary is trying to improve his credentials with those who espouse law & order when it fits their prejudices and find the actual law inconvenient.
    She went to join the Jihadis to bake cookies I suppose?

The law gives the Home Secretary the power to strip dual-nationals, which she is, of their citizenship in certain circumstances - which this case meets. I believe it is you who finds the actual law inconvenient.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ominous Gamer View Post
    ℬeing upset is understandable, but be upset at yourself for poor planning, not at the world by acting like a spoiled bitch during an interview.

Quote Originally Posted by RandBlade View Post
    Do you know what the S in IS stands for?
    When the sky above us fell
    We descended into hell
    Into kingdom come

To live a life in accordance with a fundamentalist extremist interpretation of Islam, marry a Muslim man who leads a similar life (plus the terrorism and murders of course) and give birth to & raise children. It's not cookies, but it's not necessarily terrorism.
    "One day, we shall die. All the other days, we shall live."

Quote Originally Posted by Aimless View Post
    To live a life in accordance with a fundamentalist extremist interpretation of Islam, marry a Muslim man who leads a similar life (plus the terrorism and murders of course) and give birth to & raise children. It's not cookies, but it's not necessarily terrorism.
    Fuck you. She was part of a murderous system imposed on a part of Syria and Iraq. Her very presence there was a terrorist act against the local population.
    Congratulations America

Quote Originally Posted by Hazir View Post
    Fuck you. She was part of a murderous system imposed on a part of Syria and Iraq. Her very presence there was a terrorist act against the local population.
    Absolutely correct.

She deserves to face whatever justice Syria or Iraq deem worthy. If she was caught by the Iraqis she could hang.
    ℬeing upset is understandable, but be upset at yourself for poor planning, not at the world by acting like a spoiled bitch during an interview.

The law distinguishes between supporting a terrorist group and actually committing acts of violent terrorism or fighting, so fuck you right back you giant histrionic baby.

Quote Originally Posted by Aimless View Post
    The law distinguishes between supporting a terrorist group and actually committing acts of violent terrorism or fighting, so fuck you right back you giant histrionic baby.
    Joining a proscribed terrorist group is a crime in it's own right.

Joining a proscribed terrorist group is a crime in it's own right.
    Yes, but the punishment is not the same as for committing violent acts of terrorism.

Her very presence there was a terrorist act against the local population.
    Might want to do some streches first.
    When the sky above us fell
    We descended into hell
    Into kingdom come