Thread: You can't always get what you want - the UK's grandstanding over ISIS sympathizers

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Hazir View Post
    Eh. No. You are the one who is making up things. First show me cases of people who were convicted for anything else than traveling to Syria.
    Hassan Al-Mandlawi and Al Amin Sultan, convicted (life terms) for participation in the murder of two men. Haisam Omar Sakhanh convicted for murder. These three were members of islamist groups in Syria. Others have been convicted of committing atrocities where the victims have been captive jihadists or regime soldiers. The same commission has convicted people of war crimes and crimes against humanity in Rwanda, Afghanistan, Ethiopia, the Balkans etc. Rwanda and the Balkans are especially interesting because of the lessons we've learned from those places about the value of being able to gather evidence on site. I have no details on the German cases because I don't know any German but they were alluded to during the reports of the trial of the first two people I mentioned. Regardless, the risk of being investigated, prosecuted and convicted is clearly infinitely greater than zero, and the ability to gather witness testimonies on-site would improve the chances of successful prosecution considerably.
    Last edited by Aimless; 03-11-2019 at 09:34 PM.
    "One day, we shall die. All the other days, we shall live."