Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: The True Face of Tucker Carlson

"Their love is as real as climate change"

I know dipshit thought that was really cunny, but if you take away the blatant denialism, that is actually a really nice thing to say. Especially since his show is a PR sham cooked up by a political hack, namely Fucker Carlson.

Look ma! I can be cunny too!
    I could have had class. I could have been a contender.
    I could have been somebody. Instead of a bum
    Which is what I am

I aim at the stars
    But sometimes I hit London

It's important to remember that Tucker Carlson isn't just gross, creepy, whiny and annoying—he's also super dumb.

"One day, we shall die. All the other days, we shall live."

Weak mfer

Faith is Hope (see Loki's sig for details)
    If hindsight is 20-20, why is it so often ignored?

Quote Originally Posted by Aimless View Post
    Weak mfer
    People are saying this guy will run for presidential GOP candidate in the future.

What is represented by an elephant and has lost all it's believability since Palin?
    Which is what I am

I aim at the stars

Tucker Carlson’s conspiracy-obsessed Giuliani interview: not for the faint-hearted

Fox News chat leaves vague impression that FBI raid on ex-mayor’s apartment was somehow Hunter Biden’s fault

Rudy Giuliani guilty? That’s what they want you to think! And who are they? The sinister cabal of Hunter Biden, the Lincoln Project and Department of Injustice, of course.

That would have been the impression of Fox News viewers on Thursday night when Giuliani gave his first TV interview since federal agents seized mobile phones and computers from his New York apartment, part of an investigation into his dodgy Ukrainian dealings.

The host was Tucker Carlson, whose smirking sympathy for the white supremacist “great replacement” theory, and insistence that making kids wear face masks is “child abuse”, have made him the true heir to Donald Trump as the rightwing conspiracy-theory king.

A split screen of Carlson and Giuliani was not for the faint hearted. The former maintained his notorious expression, eyebrows furrowed, mouth open just enough to catch a fly. Giuliani, in suit and tie with white handkerchief in top pocket, was in his office, a bald eagle model and books including his own on display. Wearing a ring on his little finger, he played nervously with his spectacles.

First, Carlson tried to coax Giuliani into a poignant, heart-tugging account of having his home raided at dawn
    What the former New York mayor turned legal hatchet man for Trump had to say didn’t make much sense, but left viewers with the notion that somehow it was all Hunter’s fault, so in that sense it was a great success. Such was the fixation that at one point Giuliani even said “Hunter” rather than “Tucker” by mistake.

First, Carlson tried to coax Giuliani into a poignant, heart-tugging account of having his home raided at dawn. The ex-mayor, who on 9/11 touched everyone with his lament “the number of casualties will be more than any of us can bear”, is less limpid these days.

“Well, about six o’clock in the morning, there was a big bang! bang! bang! on the door and outside were seven FBI agents with a warrant for electronics,” he recalled. “And I looked at the warrant and I said it was extraordinary because I offered to give these to the government and talk it over with them for two years.

“I don’t know why they have to do this. The agents seemed somewhat apologetic. They were very, very professional and very gentlemanly.”

The FBI agents had taken seven or eight electronic devices, he went on, but had not been interested in hard drives that, Giuliani claims, contain evidence of Hunter’s wrongdoing. He offered them over and over but still they refused. Could it be they don’t spend their days watching Fox or diving down rightwing blog rabbit holes?

Giuliani led an effort to dig up dirt on Joe Biden and his son Hunter in Ukraine before last year’s election. Prosecutors are investigating whether he illegally lobbied the Trump administration on behalf of Ukrainian officials and oligarchs while also serving as Trump’s personal lawyer.

Ingeniously, Carlson and Giuliani cooked up the argument that Hunter’s position on the board of a Ukrainian gas company, and his fight against drug addiction, were equally worthy of a dawn raid. “We have a picture of him five days before, smoking a crack pipe behind the wheel of a car and then saying under oath that he’s not an addict.

“And it’s the left that gets all perturbed about people who are mentally unstable having guns. Well, he was unstable, unfortunately and tragically, I feel sorry for that part of Hunter Biden. I think his father exploited him but the reality is he’s still a danger to the public driving an automobile or holding a gun but they don’t care about that.”

Turning back to his own case, Giuliani said the FBI agents had hammered on his door “in a frightening way” but “I don’t get frightened very easily”. He added: “It is an illegal, unconstitutional warrant, one of many that this Department of Injustice tragically has done.”

And so it went on, deflated campaign slogans for an election that was lost six months ago when Giuliani ended up at Four Seasons Total Landscaping
    The search warrant was, he said, “purportedly based on one single failure to file for representing a Ukrainian national or official that I never represented”.

Carlson sneeringly suggested that the Lincoln Project, a group of anti-Trump Republican consultants, had known in advance about the raid but noted that Biden says he did not. Giuliani duly scored more Fox points by mocking the president’s age: “Maybe he doesn’t remember. I’m not sure if he can retain anything for more than about the time it takes to read it.”

And so it went on, deflated campaign slogans for an election that was lost six months ago when Giuliani ended up at Four Seasons Total Landscaping outside Philadelphia. “Thirty years of the Biden crime family violating our laws. That is what’s on the hard drive that they have censored and that’s why they want to put me in jail.”

Giuliani claimed his iCloud account had been snooped upon in the middle of his attempt to defend Trump against impeachment (the first time around, for those who are counting). Cue a rapid escalation to comparisons with the Stasi.

“The prosecutors at the justice department spied on me and that is not taken seriously. If that doesn’t result in their being sanctioned, the case being dismissed and it stopping, this is no longer a free country. We might as well be in East Berlin before the wall fell. This is tactics only known in a dictatorship, where you seize a lawyer’s records right in the middle of his representation of his client.”

After 10 minutes that felt like 10 years, the interview was done, not likely to join the annals of David Frost and Richard Nixon. Even so, it was manna from heaven for a certain viewer at Mar-a-Lago in Florida. For these guys, he’s still the one that counts.
    Quote Originally Posted by Steely Glint View Post
    It's actually the original French billion, which is bi-million, which is a million to the power of 2. We adopted the word, and then they changed it, presumably as revenge for Crecy and Agincourt, and then the treasonous Americans adopted the new French usage and spread it all over the world. And now we have to use it.

And that's Why I'm Voting Leave.

He's so fucking dumb that I'd laugh if his dumbness weren't so dangerous:

He's not the only fucking dumbass, the clown car chimes in

https://www.vice.com/en/article/z3xz...blames-the-fbi

The conspiracy theory was quickly picked up on the far right—including by elected Republican officials.

Florida Republican Rep. Matt Gaetz tweeted the segment, saying it shows FBI agents “organized and participated in the January 6th Capitol riot.”

He was quickly retweeted by Georgia Republican Rep. Marjorie Taylor Greene.

“We need names and answers about the FBI operatives, who were involved in organizing and carrying out the Jan 6th Capitol riot,” she said. “First they had a ‘back up plan’ to stop Trump in Russia Collusion witch hunt, now we are finding out they were deeply involved in Jan 6th. Deep State.”
    Which is what I am

I aim at the stars

This parasite is such a gross and pathetic coward:

Come on man! They are just doing their 9 to 5 just like you. You like getting paid don't you?
    Faith is Hope (see Loki's sig for details)
    If hindsight is 20-20, why is it so often ignored?

Covid feminizes people by taking away their life-force:

There are no words for how contemptible this dumb motherfucker is:

I feel like Tucker's idiotic point distracts from the interesting-and-provocative-albeit-conspiratorial point of his guest.

Have you seriously bought into the Big Lie?

The power of the anti-anti is vast

Quote Originally Posted by Wraith View Post
    Have you seriously bought into the Big Lie?
    I don't exactly know which Big Lie you're referring to — there's a lot of them! But I think Trump's inability to admit defeat and weird Democratic party nonsense about voting procedures has distracted from a legitimate conversation about how the pandemic created tons of novel emergency voting procedures. Many procedures happened to be oriented towards existing Democratic party policy goals, some of which I find problematic.

We can't predict exactly how far along we are to endemic COVID, and it's not unreasonable to speculate about what it will be like to vote in this November's elections if there's another Omicron-like variant spreading in the population.

Making voting easier is definitely nefarious and just as bad as trying to keep people from voting or outright throwing away the votes of millions.
    Hope is the denial of reality

And most measures like early and mail in voting are not exactly new. Not sure what other 'emergency' procedures were added.
    Keep on keepin' the beat alive!

Quote Originally Posted by Dreadnaught View Post
    Many procedures happened to be oriented towards existing Democratic party policy goals, some of which I find problematic.
    That is problematic—because making voting easy and safe should actually be all parties' goal.

I don't exactly know which Big Lie you're referring to — there's a lot of them!
    The one that gets written with capital letters. The one used to provoke a violent insurrection and assault on our Capitol. The one that was manufactured as a pretense for the attempted coup. The one being used to justify ongoing attempts to fix future elections and end US democracy by 2024.

I don't exactly know which Big Lie you're referring to — there's a lot of them! But I think Trump's inability to admit defeat and weird Democratic party nonsense about voting procedures has distracted from a legitimate conversation about how the pandemic created tons of novel emergency voting procedures. Many procedures happened to be oriented towards existing Democratic party policy goals, some of which I find problematic.

We can't predict exactly how far along we are to endemic COVID, and it's not unreasonable to speculate about what it will be like to vote in this November's elections if there's another Omicron-like variant spreading in the population.
    Incumbent president trying to scam the election results is a distraction.

I'll give you some help with regard to which lie people refer to when they say Big Lie. It's the biggest one by a country mile.
    Which is what I am

I aim at the stars

Quote Originally Posted by Loki View Post
    Making voting easier is definitely nefarious and just as bad as trying to keep people from voting or outright throwing away the votes of millions.
    Throwing away the votes of millions? Sounds like a big lie.

Quote Originally Posted by Flixy View Post
    And most measures like early and mail in voting are not exactly new. Not sure what other 'emergency' procedures were added.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aimless View Post
    That is problematic—because making voting easy and safe should actually be all parties' goal.
    I don't think anyone disagrees that voting should be easy and safe. But there are policies being pushed like ballot harvesting, not having firm cutoff dates for mailed-in votes and banning reasonable forms of voter identification that are highly debatable. Also the Democratic party seems to have a fixation with federalizing election machinery, which seems to have the benefit of standardization but actually is of dubious constitutionality and concentrates points of failures in a manner that I believe actually makes elections vulnerable to bad actors.

Quote Originally Posted by Wraith View Post
    The one that gets written with capital letters. The one used to provoke a violent insurrection and assault on our Capitol. The one that was manufactured as a pretense for the attempted coup. The one being used to justify ongoing attempts to fix future elections and end US democracy by 2024.
    You assume that there is a coherent reason that a few thousands bums bumrushed the capitol, and there was a coherant and organized plan. The President incited a riot to disrupt a Congressional proceeding that shouldn't have been happening in the first place. He should have been convicted of this at his impeachment. But I don't think it helps the case to overstate what it was.

Um, were you asleep when most GOP congressmen (goaded by Trump) tried to throw out the votes of everyone in multiple states?

Dread, you need to vet your information sources better if you think I overstated anything.

Hey, Trump might have tried to stage a coup, and was backed in these efforts by most Republican members of Congress, but at least he didn't try to make voting slightly easier for people in the midst of an unprecedented pandemic.

Well, at least they learned their lessons and have been doing a good job of purging all the election officials who wouldn't go along with attempts to change the election results. I'm sure they'll do a better job of overthrowing democracy the next time.

Dread is going to have the most Pikachu of Pikachu faces when democracy dies in a few years. The downward spiral in ignorance is like a trainwreck you can't turn away from.
    "In a field where an overlooked bug could cost millions, you want people who will speak their minds, even if they’re sometimes obnoxious about it."

Hey Dread: are you willing to defend the reasoning behind limiting voting stations available to black voters? And with the efforts to force them to stand in line for hours if they want to vote, why should it be illegal to give them any food or water while they're waiting?

I'm seriously considering heading to Georgia this November to try to get myself arrested for handing out bottled water.

You assume that there is a coherent reason that a few thousands bums bumrushed the capitol, and there was a coherant and organized plan. The President incited a riot to disrupt a Congressional proceeding that shouldn't have been happening in the first place. He should have been convicted of this at his impeachment. But I don't think it helps the case to overstate what it was.
    (emphasis mine)

I'm not going to comment about the rest of this, but this is confusing to me. The certification of the election should not have been happening? Can you please clarify?

I broadly agree that as insurrections go, this was an awfully organized one (we seem to disagree on how much this precedent, however ill-organized, should be cause for concern, but I will leave that to others to litigate). And we also seem to agree that Trump was responsible and should have been removed from office. But you think that there was something illegitimate about what Congress was doing? They were just doing their basic jobs as outlined in the Electoral Count Act.
    "When I meet God, I am going to ask him two questions: Why relativity? And why turbulence? I really believe he will have an answer for the first." - Werner Heisenberg (maybe)

Quote Originally Posted by wiggin View Post
    (emphasis mine)

I'm not going to comment about the rest of this, but this is confusing to me. The certification of the election should not have been happening? Can you please clarify?
    I'll help Dread out a bit here since I had to reread it a couple times too; he's saying the riot shouldn't have been happening. The "riot to disrupt a Congressional proceeding" is what "shouldn't have been happening in the first place."

I'll even toss a bone for the Trump cultists here and say that I'm not fully convinced that provoking the assault on the Capitol was entirely intended, but whether it was or wasn't is irrelevant since Trump received numerous warnings from his own coup collaborators that it was a likely result, and once it started he was cheering it on instead of trying to stop it. Peter Navarro even got on national television to say that the coup he helped plan would have succeeded if not for the insurrection. OTOH, Michael Flynn believes that if it had just gone on a little longer to prevent the certification from happening on Jan 6, it would have created the pretense needed to declare martial law and cancel the transition of power.