Quote Originally Posted by Loki View Post
Making voting easier is definitely nefarious and just as bad as trying to keep people from voting or outright throwing away the votes of millions.
Throwing away the votes of millions? Sounds like a big lie.

Quote Originally Posted by Flixy View Post
And most measures like early and mail in voting are not exactly new. Not sure what other 'emergency' procedures were added.
Quote Originally Posted by Aimless View Post
That is problematic—because making voting easy and safe should actually be all parties' goal.
I don't think anyone disagrees that voting should be easy and safe. But there are policies being pushed like ballot harvesting, not having firm cutoff dates for mailed-in votes and banning reasonable forms of voter identification that are highly debatable. Also the Democratic party seems to have a fixation with federalizing election machinery, which seems to have the benefit of standardization but actually is of dubious constitutionality and concentrates points of failures in a manner that I believe actually makes elections vulnerable to bad actors.

Quote Originally Posted by Wraith View Post
The one that gets written with capital letters. The one used to provoke a violent insurrection and assault on our Capitol. The one that was manufactured as a pretense for the attempted coup. The one being used to justify ongoing attempts to fix future elections and end US democracy by 2024.
You assume that there is a coherent reason that a few thousands bums bumrushed the capitol, and there was a coherant and organized plan. The President incited a riot to disrupt a Congressional proceeding that shouldn't have been happening in the first place. He should have been convicted of this at his impeachment. But I don't think it helps the case to overstate what it was.