Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: The True Face of Tucker Carlson

Quote Originally Posted by Steely Glint View Post
    Sorry, I'm not clear on what you're asking.
    When is required for a government activity that you consider to be dehumanizing to be worthy of being likened to the Holocaust? IE what is your bright line on when something is leading to gas chambers and when something is just run of the mill government treating people as a number?

Quote Originally Posted by Lewkowski View Post
    When is required for a government activity that you consider to be dehumanizing to be worthy of being likened to the Holocaust? IE what is your bright line on when something is leading to gas chambers and when something is just run of the mill government treating people as a number?
    I hope you don't own an AR or AK, you scare me. ...time for red flag enforcement, eh ?
    Faith is Hope (see Loki's sig for details)
    If hindsight is 20-20, why is it so often ignored?

Quote Originally Posted by GGT View Post
    Gosh, was it really over two years ago that Lewk was pimping Tucker Carlson's new TV show?

http://theworldforgotten.com/showthread.php?t=5938

Time flies. Hate and fear still sells. Nothing new, except the refusal to apologize for being ugly hateful, and flipping that into victimhood.
    I have the feeling that mental health in the USA is in short supply. Am I wrong?
    Victimhood culture is all but healthy. Anyone with basic understanding of mental health knows it.
    I see weird premises all the time in media.
    For example, latino is not a race. Latin America is composed by 27 countries with several races and cultures. You need to be racist to think latino is a race.
    Hatred based ideology is not for me. I do not have enough wrath to join emotional idiots.
    And bringing politics to family or relationships is the dumbest thing ever. Politics is ephemeral.
    Last edited by ar81; 08-15-2019 at 05:05 AM.
    Freedom - When people learn to embrace criticism about politicians, since politicians are just employees like you and me.

Quote Originally Posted by Enoch the Red View Post
    If someone is trying to change the tax code, has different ideas about immigration, or crazy theories about the earth being flat, maybe there are other, better ways to handle it.
    If you think 'some human beings are inherently inferior to other human beings' is the same category of idea as 'lets change the tax code', then I don't know what to say to you.

This is all true. It also has no bearing on the argument. The argument was that you don't have to be passive or complicit in hurting someone else to still believe it is important to treat everyone with kindness and respect.
    It is important to treat others with kindness and respect. However, other things are more important.

I don't disagree. There is a time and place for speaking harshly, setting expectations, and even cutting off communication. None of those belies being respectful when you do so. Saying, "You crossed a line, buddy," is a perfect example. It is fine to set boundaries, express those boundaries, and stand by them. That doesn't mean you have to do so in a way that debases yourself, or your beliefs.
    I think you're going to need to explain what forms of communication you consider to be debasing and why if we're going to get anywhere.

Yeah, I don't know what culture you grew up in, but that has not been my experience. If anything I think what we are seeing is a natural result of an increasingly sectarian and tribal focus that has evolved on both the right and left that has pushed everyone farther apart. I don't believe that further driving a wedge between people will do anything to improve the situation. When you can't disagree with someone without being called a racist, and you can't shut down a racist without being a leftist, there is little room for an interchange of ideas. If a "leftist" can't speak to a "racist," or a "racist" dialogue with a "leftist" without their peers attacking them for coddling the opposition we end up with little more than echo chambers and the coarsening of rhetoric creating a feedback loop. You shouting down a racist doesn't change his mind, it reinforces his views of the opposition - and of course it gets you likes and retweets.
    It's not about 'changing the mind' of racists, because their minds can't be changed ("You cannot reason someone out of something he or she was not reasoned into."), it's about not giving them the space to spread their ideas as legitimate.

It'd be nice if we were all a bunch of rational beings who might happen to have profound but earnestly felt ideas about how the world works who can be persuaded from doing harm by patient and rational engagement. But, you know, we're not.
    When the sky above us fell
    We descended into hell
    Into kingdom come

Quote Originally Posted by Lewkowski View Post
    Factors might be included but not limited to:

* when it's targeted at a particular group or groups, be they defined by ethnicity, sexuality, or creed etc
    * when that group is the target of rhetoric from the state (or proxies) designed to make them targets of resentment or fear in the eyes of the rest of the population
    * progressive escalation in severity or impunity of the governments actions
    We descended into hell
    Into kingdom come

Quote Originally Posted by Steely Glint View Post
    Factors might be included but not limited to:

* when it's targeted at a particular group or groups, be they defined by ethnicity, sexuality, or creed etc
    * when that group is the target of rhetoric from the state (or proxies) designed to make them targets of resentment or fear in the eyes of the rest of the population
    * progressive escalation in severity or impunity of the governments actions
    So would it be fair call the South African government Nazis?

Quote Originally Posted by Enoch the Red View Post
    snip
    If anything I think what we are seeing is a natural result of an increasingly sectarian and tribal focus that has evolved on both the right and left that has pushed everyone farther apart. I don't believe that further driving a wedge between people will do anything to improve the situation. When you can't disagree with someone without being called a racist, and you can't shut down a racist without being a leftist, there is little room for an interchange of ideas. If a "leftist" can't speak to a "racist," or a "racist" dialogue with a "leftist" without their peers attacking them for coddling the opposition we end up with little more than echo chambers and the coarsening of rhetoric creating a feedback loop. You shouting down a racist doesn't change his mind, it reinforces his views of the opposition - and of course it gets you likes and retweets.
    I'm not sure it's a "natural evolution" when it's the intent of some bad actors to sow division. That's what Russia did with their disinformation campaign in 2016....but it's also what Tucker Carlson et al is doing on Fox, it's rampant on talk radio and social media, and even the president uses "wedge issues" to purposely divide people. If you haven't been reading about this then maybe you're in an echo chamber?

(There's also a distinct difference b/w Obama's policies and what Trump is doing, especially the treatment of minor children. But also detaining people for months in private prisons in Miss. and La. without due process...read about that.)

Again, absolutely true. Again, missing the point. You can disagree with someone, you can even be angry with someone, and still strive to do so in a respectful way. And if you can temper your anger with kindness even better.
    I agree we could all speak with more respect (or at least feigned courtesy), especially on the internet. And I'd like to think our elected leaders are held to a higher standard, but often the worst comes from them! Besides, maybe it's high time we stopped treating bigotry with sugar-coated words and politeness.

I'd like to know how respect and kindness can counter the racist tropes aired on Fox every day...let alone Trump's race-based tweets and policies.

Do we send *polite* letters to Fox Corp. about Carlson's offensive diatribes? Or do we send those letters to corporate sponsors and *ask* them to stop paying for hateful propaganda? Can that be done without insinuating that Fox viewers are bigots-by-proxy?

Is it enough to ask Steve King (R-Iowa) to *please* resign from congress (after he's already been removed from committees) due to his racist comments? How can that be done without offending the constituents who voted for him, and re-elected him for decades, but don't consider themselves to be bigots?

And how do we *respectfully* say a guy like Cuccinelli has no business being the <acting> Director of Citizenship and Immigration because he thinks immigrants are invaders unless they can 'stand on their own two feet'?

Trump got a lot of support for being rude and 'politically incorrect'. He called everyone names, was derogatory and divisive at every step, and Fox was happy to join the Trump Train. He called his rallies "Love Fests" but they were exhibitions of hate, resentment, and mob/cult behavior. It's not just paradoxical that we are NOW discussing how to be kind and respectful to our political opponents...it's downright weird.

Tucker Carlson, registered brain genius:

"One day, we shall die. All the other days, we shall live."

Tucker's a bit off base but there is an interesting civil war going on in Republican party among its 'elite.' How hawkish to be? Prior to 9/11 Republicans were for a strong defense but had a strong dislike for "national building" that all changed post 9/11 with Afghanistan and Iraq. We didn't just go in to kick the bad guys in the teeth we went in to spread democracy. Now we are seeing a remembering of the idea of "kill bad guys and then GTFO."

Who runs a website full of all-out white supremacists.
    Hope is the denial of reality

Saddest fucking circle-jerk on the internet.

I can't stop laughing cartoonish groyper creeping on women under the alias of Sweden's groyper king Karl XII on some fetid swamp-forum for sweaty law-school rejects is like a beautifully crafted Fabergé egg of loserdom

I wonder when we'll find out this writer was actually Tucker Carlson.

The top writer for Fox News host Tucker Carlson has for years been using a pseudonym to post bigoted remarks on an online forum that is a hotbed for racist, sexist, and other offensive content, CNN Business learned this week.
    https://www.cnn.com/2020/07/10/media...eff/index.html

He does look a bit like Carlson without hair tbh.

Looks like he is getting sued...

Fox Creeps

Speaking of Tucker Carlson's face, why does he have this expression:

Click to view the full version

in every single picture I see of him?

That sort of half-scowl/frown. Does he think that's what a Serious Pundit looks like? Does he practice in the mirror?
    We descended into hell
    Into kingdom come

Anthropomorphic hemorrhoid.

The problem is his millions of viewers -- who probably don't even care about this -- and think it's Fake News, or some conspiracy cooked up by the liberal left-wing to censure Freee Speech.

Quote Originally Posted by Aimless View Post
    If "Doctor" Emmanuel is a board-certified and licensed MD, wouldn't the AMA be looking into this? What's going on with the Texas medical board?

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-africa-53579773

Gross-ass hatemonger and sex-pest Tucker Carlson levels up by having covid disinfo peddler fondle weirdly orange authoritarian creep on camera:

This man is a traitorous shithead:

The first thing he says: The woman is standing in a hallway and is shot without warning. is bullshit. She is climbing through a window looking to gain access. Being warned by everyone there are people with guns on the other side. being cautioned by those around her.

edit: Christ, he really is an imbecile
    I could have had class. I could have been a contender.
    I could have been somebody. Instead of a bum
    Which is what I am

I aim at the stars
    But sometimes I hit London

Quote Originally Posted by Ziggy Stardust View Post
    The first thing he says: The woman is standing in a hallway and is shot without warning. is bullshit. She is climbing through a window looking to gain access. Being warned by everyone there are people with guns on the other side. being cautioned by those around her.

edit: Christ, he really is an imbecile
    He's the same guy who thinks there's nothing wrong with gunning down a black kid for wearing a hoodie.

Carlson is so fucking weird he might actually become president

Has anyone seen him without his wig?