Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Should there be a Brexit extension?

Quote Originally Posted by RandBlade View Post
    And how many of them voted Leave 2 years ago, and how many of them voted Remain and are still pissed off they lost?
    Who knows? 5% former leavers, 95% former remainers?
    10% former leavers, 90% former remainers?
    20% former leavers, 80% former remainers?

*shrugs*

And ... 'pissed off they lost' ... ? Are we in a playground? Neener neener you lost? Really Rand?

What about genuinely concerned for their future, concerned for the future of their children, family and friends?

As indeed I am.
    Last edited by Timbuk2; 03-26-2019 at 03:48 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Steely Glint View Post
    It's actually the original French billion, which is bi-million, which is a million to the power of 2. We adopted the word, and then they changed it, presumably as revenge for Crecy and Agincourt, and then the treasonous Americans adopted the new French usage and spread it all over the world. And now we have to use it.

And that's Why I'm Voting Leave.

Quote Originally Posted by Timbuk2 View Post

*shrugs*

And ... 'pissed off they lost' ... ? Are we in a playground? Neener neener you lost? Really Rand?

What about genuinely concerned for their future, concerned for the future of their children, family and friends?

As indeed I am.
    The Enemy (in this case you, Remainers) are unsophisticated childlike primitives with no real needs/wishes/concerns that are of any lasting importance. That is why your lives & futures can be cast into utter turmoil--and your rights taken from you--as if this were all just a game. Egocentrism, ignorance, incompetence, unfathomable mendacity--these flaws are not necessarily disadvantages in this kind of game.
    "One day, we shall die. All the other days, we shall live."

Quote Originally Posted by Timbuk2 View Post

*shrugs*

t
    As indeed I am.
    I am sure you are. As equally I am sure were three years ago. To quote a well-worn phrase lately though "nothing has changed". Your concerns were valid then, they are valid now, but they didn't win then and it doesn't overturn the result now.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ominous Gamer View Post
    ℬeing upset is understandable, but be upset at yourself for poor planning, not at the world by acting like a spoiled bitch during an interview.

There is currently no majority in Parliament for a No Deal Brexit, and several important constituencies--eg. Scotland, NI--are vehemently opposed to NDB for good reasons. The UK is a representative democracy, not a direct democracy, and the mandate your representatives have is to not deliver a NDB.
    "One day, we shall die. All the other days, we shall live."

That's all true.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ominous Gamer View Post
    ℬeing upset is understandable, but be upset at yourself for poor planning, not at the world by acting like a spoiled bitch during an interview.