Supposedly Brexit-day is nearly upon us. Supposedly we leave next week. After nearly three years since the referendum, after nearly two years since Article 50 was invoked the clock runs out at 11pm next Friday 29th March.

Or will it? Parliament has been unable to make any decisions, the "deal" May agreed is widely hated and Parliament has twice rejected it but also rejected all alternatives to it. Parliament is frankly acting like my toddler saying no to everything.

So Parliament has voted, as May encouraged it to do so, to request an extension. But without specifying a reason why. To quote a well worn phrase, nothing has changed.

I think an extension will be granted because nobody really wants no deal to happen, but Macron has repeatedly hinted he could exercise his veto and reject an extension request. Which would be rather ironic since it was De Gaulle repeatedly vetoing our membership requests that meant we joined so late, it would be ironic if having gone to the precipice it was a French president who actually forced the UK out.

Both May and Parliament seem to have no intentions of making any decisions and are looking to buy more time. I think it would be reasonable for Macron to refuse it. This needs to end. If Parliament wants to take no deal off the table then it has a choice, it can ratify the deal. That stops no deal. Or it can decide it wants no deal. Either way its time Parliament actually makes a choice.

I think for once on European matters I might agree with Hazir but unless the UK is willing to come to a decision I think the EU should refuse to grant an extension. Macron should veto a meandering extension but should caveat that with saying that if Parliament votes for the deal he would agree to a short technical extension to allow it to be legally ratified. Then Parliament should make a damned choice and put this issue to bed.