Looks almost certain the UK will still be participating in these despite the Brexit referendum 3 years before. I have never less looked forward to a set of elections. Plus of course these matter for the rest of the EU but in the UK these will no doubt be viewed myopically just through the prism of Brexit.

In the UK Farage is the only one campaigning already for these with his new Brexit Party (having left UKIP when it became too racist even for him). Hopefully at least this will spell the death of UKIP which has turned into a Tommy Robinson loving EDL anti-Islam hateful party.

Remainers are split across multiple parties with no clear anti-Brexit Party. SNP, Greens, Lib Dems and ChangeUK/TIG all vying for that spot. I think Remainers have really missed a trick here, a lot saying it doesn't matter who people vote for as its PR (which is only partially true) but had they joined flags under a Remain Coalition they could have won the election (as in first place) which would have put MPs under immense pressure. Instead I think Farage will get first place again which will put especially Tory MPs under the other sort of pressure.

I expect the Tories especially and probably Labour too to do very, very badly.

I've never been more tempted to spoil my ballot. I can't vote for Farage and don't want to vote for May either.