Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Mueller Report

Laziness?
    There's a man goin' 'round, takin' names
    And he decides who to free and who to blame

Quote Originally Posted by Steely Glint View Post
    Why would you use this extremely roundabout way to find out whether the Barr letter accurately represents the Mueller report
    Because daddy wouldn't lie to us. Distrusting daddy is something Satan tricks bad boys into doing, and, if you listen to Satan, daddy has to spank your faithless bottom.
    "One day, we shall die. All the other days, we shall live."

Quote Originally Posted by Aimless View Post
    Because daddy wouldn't lie to us. Distrusting daddy is something Satan tricks bad boys into doing, and, if you listen to Satan, daddy has to spank your faithless bottom.
    I mean, if that's actually true then fair enough because that sounds awful.
    When the sky above us fell
    We descended into hell
    Into kingdom come

Oh my God, you can't make this shit up, or you could and it would be the sequel to Burn After Reading

Quote Originally Posted by Wraith View Post
    Also agreed that the point is moot, because if Congress wanted to impeach Trump, they have the charge of obstruction. That's what Clinton was impeached for, so precedent is pretty firm.

I think at this point though we need to just admit that impeachment isn't going to happen under this Congress. We need to just buckle up and try to make it through the next 18 months, and hope that the electorate's insanity in 2016 was only temporary and not chronic.
    Be interesting how it all plays out. The left's social media platforms are working in overdrive to suppress conservative voices and we'll see it get even tighter up until a few months prior to the election. Then we have abortion as a major hot button issue because of several states pushing for a SCOTUS review. On the other hand economy is still doing well and you have the general power of the incumbency.

Are you another fan of Paul Nehlen?
    Hope is the denial of reality

Quote Originally Posted by Loki View Post
    Are you another fan of Paul Nehlen?
    lol no - no mainstream conservative (or libertarian) is.

Quote Originally Posted by Lewkowski View Post
    lol no - no mainstream conservative (or libertarian) is.
    What does that make Laura Ingraham, whose talking points you're parroting?

Trump is out-spending pretty much everyone on Facebook. If you look closely at prominent purportedly "conservative" voices that have banned from mainstream social media platforms, you'll find that they are not mainstream conservatives, and also that they have not been banned for espousing conservative views. It's hilarious but a little disturbing to see how completely you've absorbed the conspiratorial memes of senile 70-y-o Fox addicts with a pathological persecution complex.

What does that make Laura Ingraham, whose talking points you're parroting?
    Oh did she defend his views? Pretty sad to see you fall for such a fake news moment.

Be interesting how it all plays out. The left's social media platforms are working in overdrive to suppress conservative voices and we'll see it get even tighter up until a few months prior to the election. Then we have abortion as a major hot button issue because of several states pushing for a SCOTUS review. On the other hand economy is still doing well and you have the general power of the incumbency.
    You just made the case for an impeachment inquiry. Hearings televised live for all to see. That might be the only way to make the truth public -- and penetrate that Fox & Friends news bubble you and millions of others are hiding in. Not many people are going to read the whole Mueller report, but if you're relying on interpretations or 'summaries' from within the Trump camp of lapdogs and sycophants, you're either content with being conned, delusional, or just plain lazy.

PS Wraith, wasn't Clinton impeached for lying under oath to congress (not obstruction of justice)?

He was charged with both perjury and obstruction of justice.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Impeac...f_Bill_Clinton

Oh did she defend his views? Pretty sad to see you fall for such a fake news moment.
    She went after social media companies for banning him. That includes an alt-right company that banned him for doxxing. The fact that you see this guy as one of the "victims" of attacks on conservatism says a lot about both you and what you take to be conservatism.

She went after social media companies for banning him. That includes an alt-right company that banned him for doxxing. The fact that you see this guy as one of the "victims" of attacks on conservatism says a lot about both you and what you take to be conservatism.
    "She went after social media companies for banning him."

As all free speech advocates should. Now I don't know the guy but unless he made specific terroristic threats he shouldn't be banned. Far too much silencing of people going on. And while yes a private company has every right to ban who they want it isn't something we should encourage or stay silent about.

Look at all the clamoring by the left to silence Steven Crowder. They were never going to stop at Alex Jones.

"She went after social media companies for banning him."

As all free speech advocates should. Now I don't know the guy but unless he made specific terroristic threats he shouldn't be banned. Far too much silencing of people going on. And while yes a private company has every right to ban who they want it isn't something we should encourage or stay silent about.
    Lewk, have you ever read the Constitution? There's never a bad time to start. When you do get around to it, work out whose powers the document tries to restrict.

Lewk, have you ever read the Constitution? There's never a bad time to start. When you do get around to it, work out whose powers the document tries to restrict.
    You do realize that when someone uses the term free speech advocate they are talking about more than just the 1st amendment? The term "government censorship" is not a redundant phrase, there exists more than one type of censorship. And while YouTube has the absolute legal ability to ban Crowder and every other conservative it isn't something that sits well with people who believe in the value of free speech.

So why is the free speech of those assholes more important than the free speech YouTube and such are expressing by clarifying the direction intention and use of their product? Would you not be infringing on the constitutional rights of these companies in forcing them to provide their services and products in ways they do not wish to maintain?
    "In a field where an overlooked bug could cost millions, you want people who will speak their minds, even if they’re sometimes obnoxious about it."

You do realize that when someone uses the term free speech advocate they are talking about more than just the 1st amendment? The term "government censorship" is not a redundant phrase, there exists more than one type of censorship. And while YouTube has the absolute legal ability to ban Crowder and every other conservative it isn't something that sits well with people who believe in the value of free speech.
    So free speech means banning private actors from enforcing their own rules on their own property? No, that really isn't what the concept means. And I'm surprised that you're advocating this warped version of the concept.

So free speech means banning private actors from enforcing their own rules on their own property? No, that really isn't what the concept means. And I'm surprised that you're advocating this warped version of the concept.
    I swear you are fucking dense.

ME: "Hey people shouldn't vote for Democrats."

LOKI: "You want to take away the right to vote? How can you support this?"

Me:

The only bad thing about YouTube's conduct in the Crowder nonsense was the company's initial decision to not enforce its standards, effectively sanctioning targeted harassment of an individual. Crowder hasn't been banned—his channel has been demonetized; there's nothing questionable about not letting someone profit off of your platform by harassing others on your platform. YouTube has previously done worse to thousands of LGBT-oriented channels, for more dubious reasons. I doubt you had any real issues with that. So cry more, tryhard

I swear you are fucking dense.

ME: "Hey people shouldn't vote for Democrats."

LOKI: "You want to take away the right to vote? How can you support this?"

Me:
    When your hypocrisy paints you into yet another corner it looks better if you just shut up and ignore that the conversation ever happened, as you usually do. Responding like this, reminding everyone you have next to no tact or comprehension skills just gets you laughed at.
    "In a field where an overlooked bug could cost millions, you want people who will speak their minds, even if they’re sometimes obnoxious about it."

Quote Originally Posted by Aimless View Post
    The only bad thing about YouTube's conduct in the Crowder nonsense was the company's initial decision to not enforce its standards, effectively sanctioning targeted harassment of an individual. Crowder hasn't been banned—his channel has been demonetized; there's nothing questionable about not letting someone profit off of your platform by harassing others on your platform. YouTube has previously done worse to thousands of LGBT-oriented channels, for more dubious reasons. I doubt you had any real issues with that. So cry more, tryhard
    YouTube was wrong to do that to LGBT channels and its wrong to do it Crowder. Carlos has actually said far worse and actively promotes violence and public intimidation. Crowder makes jokes akin to South Park with no real vitriol behind them, just teenage humor. He does go after Carlos for his shitty journalist on a more serious basis but he has never called for violence or public intimidation.

Quote Originally Posted by Ominous Gamer View Post
    When your hypocrisy paints you into yet another corner it looks better if you just shut up and ignore that the conversation ever happened, as you usually do. Responding like this, reminding everyone you have next to no tact or comprehension skills just gets you laughed at.
    There's no corner, just you and Loki making piss poor assumptions. If I say "yeah this is bad it shouldn't happen" that doesn't mean I'm demanding government action. I get that you two worship at the alter of big brother and just naturally assume government is everyone's automatic solution but try to keep up.

There's no corner, just you and Loki making piss poor assumptions. If I say "yeah this is bad it shouldn't happen" that doesn't mean I'm demanding government action. I get that you two worship at the alter of big brother and just naturally assume government is everyone's automatic solution but try to keep up.
    Says the guy who regularly supports the president at the expense of private individuals and organizations. Are you one of those Fox Newsites who like to pretend Clinton is president so you can whine against the evil government while supporting everything the government actually does?

Notice Lewk said, "The left's social media platforms are working in overdrive to suppress conservative voices..." then goes on about Free Speech and Big Brother? I think he just parrots what he sees on Fox/Trump TV and doesn't have a clue why it's hypocritical.

It's amazing and kinda scary that millions of people are buying the Fox con.

If I say "yeah this is bad it shouldn't happen" that doesn't mean I'm demanding government action.
    We can't have that, how would you go on without being able to fall back on your conservative victimhood complex? You just want to bitch and moan, spread bullshit and lies so people react, cause you need attention, and once people get tired of your shit you scream about being persecuted. The only defense you have for your positions/opinions is that they aren't illegal to have. Yet once people express their own actual constitutionally protected rights you bitch some more that its gone to far.

Back to the Mueller report: today the house judiciary committee held hearings and John Dean from the Nixon/Watergate era testified. I've seen some clips and the (R) members weren't interested in anything but trashing Dean with personal insults.

If this is just going to be "theater" then someone should show video footage of Lindsay Graham during the Clinton hearings....to remind the "audience" just how much the GOP has changed, and how far they'll go to protect Trump.

It's amazing and disturbing that so far only ONE (R) congressman has concluded that Trump should be impeached. If the rest haven't bothered to read the full report and relied on Barr's "summary" instead, that's also disturbing. Because then they tell their constituents (and Fox News) what Trump wants them to say: no collusion, no obstruction, it's all a hoax, an attempted coup by angry Democrats, fake news! --- and they believe it!

New Ad Urges Congressional Republicans To Take Obstruction Allegations Against Donald Trump 'Seriously'

“Congressional Republicans are more than happy to admit in private that they are troubled, disappointed, and disturbed by President Trump’s abuses of executive power,” Republicans for the Rule of Law spokesperson Chris Truax said. “When none of their constituents can hear them, they speak frankly about their moral qualms and objections about their roles in undermining the original design of our Constitution. Their constituents — and all Americans — deserve to hear the same in public.”

Currently, Michigan Rep. Justin Amash is the only serving Republican in Congress who has thrown his support behind starting impeachment proceedings because of the obstruction claims. He also supports Truax’s statement, saying other Republicans in Congress have expressed concern over Trump behind closed doors.

And this is just the latest in a series of ads the Republicans for the Rule of Law have aired. Previous ones had shown Republican-appointed prosecutors saying Trump would have been charged with obstruction if he wasn’t President.
    https://www.ibtimes.com/new-ad-urges...donald-2799410

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c1up...o#action=share

Quote Originally Posted by Ominous Gamer View Post
    We can't have that, how would you go on without being able to fall back on your conservative victimhood complex? You just want to bitch and moan, spread bullshit and lies so people react, cause you need attention, and once people get tired of your shit you scream about being persecuted. The only defense you have for your positions/opinions is that they aren't illegal to have. Yet once people express their own actual constitutionally protected rights you bitch some more that its gone to far.
    Again, me saying "You shouldn't do that" is not me saying "There ought to be a law preventing you for doing that thing I don't like you doing."

The fact that conservatives are the ones almost exclusively targeted by social media companies should tell you something. But of course since it helps your political cause you don't care at all, hell you probably do want people who are politically opposed to you silenced.