Quote Originally Posted by Enoch the Red View Post
If one of the (few) Democratic candidates with relatively sane views wins the nomination it will likely result in me voting for one of the major parties in the presidential election for the first time. I think you underestimate the damage Donald Trump, and honestly many Republicans who claim to be people of character, are doing to this country. I may not agree with a Democratic nominee like Buttigieg on much, but it would be a considerable challenge for him to do a worse job as president.
Trump is an embarrassment but the policies that have been pushed have been a net plus.

*Draw down in the Middle East (sadly his statements aren't fully backed by actions but it is a start)
*Solid direct moral support of Israel
*Appointment of conservative judges (which on the whole is more libertarian friendly than liberal activist judges)
*Lower taxes
*Vastly decreased business regulation
*Demands of our allies to step up (oh look Nato has started to, nice)
*Better relations with NK

Now he's had some negatives, like throwing his subordinates under the bus, retarded protectionism, weakness on border issues (again talk vs. action) everything on twitter, the silly trans military nonsense and... that's about it. While bad it is molehill compared to the mountain of shit all but MAYBE one or two moderates on the D side.