Thread: Mueller Report

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Steely Glint View Post
    It's never really come up before. We've never seen a president who was just prepared to sort of brazen it out if he got caught doing a crime. Even Nixon was, like, "yup, busted!" and resigned before he could be impeached.
    Still believing in the Russian collusion hoax?

Quote Originally Posted by Lewkowski View Post
    Still getting your news from Fox?

The 2nd part of Muller's report was about Obstruction of Justice: attempts to create false evidence, limit the investigation, witness tampering and intimidation. "But for the OLC memo..." Trump would be charged, prosecuted, and likely convicted.

I'm not sure if/how that memo applies to state prosecutions for crimes like bank fraud, insurance fraud, or money laundering. But if Trump puts his thumb on the scale and tries to use his position to make those investigations go away, that's not just Obstruction of Justice but Abuse of Power.

He's referring to obstruction of justice.
    "One day, we shall die. All the other days, we shall live."

Quote Originally Posted by Aimless View Post
    He's referring to obstruction of justice.
    Ah yes the "obstruction" of covering up a crime that never happened. You need some ocean front property in Arizona?

Ah yes the "obstruction" of covering up a crime that never happened. You need some ocean front property in Arizona?
    Are you an idiot or is there some other reason why you don't understand what obstruction of justice is?

Obstruction is independent of the crime being investigated. Interfering with an investigation is a crime no matter what the investigation would have found otherwise.

I suspect this will be a total waste of time but, let me ask you this: have you read what the Mueller report has to say about this yourself?
    When the sky above us fell
    We descended into hell
    Into kingdom come

I suspect this will be a total waste of time but, let me ask you this: have you read what the Mueller report has to say about this yourself?
    I've read the summary that was written by the top lawyer in the country.

I've read the summary that was written by the top lawyer in the country.
    You have not. The "summary" is not that—it is deliberately misleading, and contains almost none of the information in the report apart from a few incomplete sentences. If you are interested in accuracy—let alone justice, and I realize both are big ifs—you can and should read analyses of the (redacted) report itself, eg. on Lawfare, JustSecurity etc, where they have gone through it in detail. Barr has repeatedly lied about the report and about Mueller's reasoning—that much is clear from what we know; to be satisfied with his inaccurate description of the investigation is just laughable.

Quote Originally Posted by Aimless View Post
    You have not. The "summary" is not that—it is deliberately misleading, and contains almost none of the information in the report apart from a few incomplete sentences. If you are interested in accuracy—let alone justice, and I realize both are big ifs—you can and should read analyses of the (redacted) report itself, eg. on Lawfare, JustSecurity etc, where they have gone through it in detail. Barr has repeatedly lied about the report and about Mueller's reasoning—that much is clear from what we know; to be satisfied with his inaccurate description of the investigation is just laughable.
    Well surely Mueller would have been quick to directly condemn Barr for doing so. Can you show me a direct quote where he has?

Well surely Mueller would have been quick to directly condemn Barr for doing so. Can you show me a direct quote where he has?
    Mueller would not "surely" condemn Barr in public. He has nevertheless made several statements that directly contradict Barr's claims about the report and about the team's reasoning, in addition to the written objection he sent Barr. Surely you—an intelligent and literate man concerned with truth and criminal justice—are aware of the extensive reporting on these matters?

Why would you use this extremely roundabout way to find out whether the Barr letter accurately represents the Mueller report, when both are available on the internet and you can just compare what they say?

He's misleading about Russia and outright misrepresents about obstruction of justice.
    When the sky above us fell
    We descended into hell
    Into kingdom come

Why would you use this extremely roundabout way to find out whether the Barr letter accurately represents the Mueller report
    Because daddy wouldn't lie to us. Distrusting daddy is something Satan tricks bad boys into doing, and, if you listen to Satan, daddy has to spank your faithless bottom.