Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Bye Bitch

https://www.yahoo.com/news/baltimore...194521218.html

"Baltimore Mayor Pugh resigns amid children's book scandal
    Christopher Wilson 10 hours ago
    Reactions Reblog on Tumblr Share Tweet Email
    Scroll back up to restore default view.
    Baltimore Mayor Catherine Pugh has resigned following weeks of investigations into a scandal around her self-published children’s books.

In a statement read by her attorney Steven Silverman at a Thursday afternoon press conference, Pugh announced she was stepping down, effective immediately.

“Dear citizens of Baltimore, I would like to thank you for allowing me to serve as the 50th mayor, it has been an honor and a privilege,” read Silverman. “Today I am submitting my written resignation to the Baltimore City Council. I am sorry for the harm that I have caused to the image of the city of Baltimore and the credibility of the office of the mayor.”

Silverman refused to take questions and Pugh was not present. Interim Mayor Jack Young, who was elevated from his role as City Council president when Pugh went on leave last month, will continue to serve in the role. In the statement, Pugh thanked Young for his service and wished him well as her successor.

Pugh’s troubles began in March when the Baltimore Sun reported that, while serving on the University of Maryland Medical System (UMMS) board of directors, Pugh arranged deals, beginning in 2001, to sell 100,000 copies of her “Healthy Holly” series of children’s books to the medical system at a total cost of $500,000. While the books teach children the importance of diet and exercise, there were no competitive bids for the deal, and Pugh resigned from the board shortly after the initial Sun report.

Pugh went on paid medical leave for what she said was pneumonia on April 1, the same day Gov. Larry Hogan called for an official inquiry into the “Healthy Holly” scandal. Hogan later called on Pugh to resign."

Oh look corruption in one of our dangerous cities. Shock! Will this type of scandal have the city turn to an R to lead? Nah that won't happen, they'll just keep voting corrupt Democrats. Sad.

It's hilarious that you don't realize what an extraordinary self-own this thread is for you.
    “Humanity's greatest advances are not in its discoveries, but in how those discoveries are applied to reduce inequity.”
    — Bill Gates