Thread: Gone but not forgotten

Default Gone but not forgotten

All, I have the saddest news to pass on.

My husband Tim sadly passed away last week. Suddenly and unexpectedly.

I miss him terribly.

Morven (his wife!)
    Quote Originally Posted by Steely Glint View Post
    It's actually the original French billion, which is bi-million, which is a million to the power of 2. We adopted the word, and then they changed it, presumably as revenge for Crecy and Agincourt, and then the treasonous Americans adopted the new French usage and spread it all over the world. And now we have to use it.

And that's Why I'm Voting Leave.

Oh my God, I'm so, so sorry to hear this. I've only ever known him as Timbuk2, but he was genuinely one of the nicest people I've ever met online. My sincerest condolences to you and to your families take care, and please let us know if there's anything we can do. Again, I'm so very sorry for your loss. He will genuinely be missed.
    "One day, we shall die. All the other days, we shall live."

Oh my Morven, I am so very sorry to hear this. Tim was a very good friend here and was well liked and respected here. It was a pleasure to get to know him and spend a lot of time talking to him here.

You, your family and his friends have my deepest condolences. Take care of yourselves, he will be missed.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ominous Gamer View Post
    ℬeing upset is understandable, but be upset at yourself for poor planning, not at the world by acting like a spoiled bitch during an interview.

Very sad to hear that.

My condolences, he was a great guy and he will be missed.

Strength to you and your family.
    I could have had class. I could have been a contender.
    I could have been somebody. Instead of a bum
    Which is what I am

I aim at the stars
    But sometimes I hit London

Morven,

My sincerest condolences, what terrible and shocking news. I think he was definitely one of the kindest posters here, who eschewed the natural drift toward snark. I know he had been excited about the move to Brighton (I hope I'm getting that right,my UK geography is iffy) and seemed like a fun and empathetic friend.

I wish you and your family no more sorrow, and that you can cherish your memories of his life with you.
    "When I meet God, I am going to ask him two questions: Why relativity? And why turbulence? I really believe he will have an answer for the first." - Werner Heisenberg (maybe)

I am so very sorry to hear this, my condolences to you and your families and friends.
    We're stuck in a bloody snowglobe.

Morven,

Please accept my deepest sympathies and heart felt thoughts. Tim was always kind and thoughtful in the time he spent here, and if he could manage that around the likes of us then I can only imagine how that would have translated to how he was in reality. I remember when he posted a picture from your wedding and how happy you both looked, and how excited he was to be sharing his life with you. He will be sorely missed, and I hope you can find some peace and solace. If it would be helpful, I'm sure many of us have fond memories that we have of him over the years we have interacted, and would be happy to share them with you.
    Last edited by Enoch the Red; 05-10-2021 at 07:33 PM.

Oh, no. What a shock, and what terrible news. I'm so sorry.

Others have already expressed how we felt about Tim. He'll be sorely missed - the place won't be the same without him.

Thank you so much for telling us.

I'm totally lost for words. My condolences to you and Tim's other loved ones.

I will miss Tim. I can barely believe that he is gone from us for good.

And indeed, thank you for taking the time to inform us in what must be a horrible time for you.
    Congratulations America

That's terrible news. Condolences to you and everyone else close to Tim.

He was definitely one of the nicest people here. He will be missed.
    Hope is the denial of reality

Awful. Just awful.

Thank you for telling us.
    When the sky above us fell
    We descended into hell
    Into kingdom come

Holy shit. I don't have much more to add, but damn, just know that us internet folk will miss his comments.

I've always wondered if anyone had a family plan that included keeping us in know, it kind of makes me happy thinking that Tim thought enough of us to so we weren't left in the dark.
    "In a field where an overlooked bug could cost millions, you want people who will speak their minds, even if they’re sometimes obnoxious about it."

Shocking and upsetting news! Tim was a gentleman here, a clearly intelligent and capable man but respectful and kind as well.
    Last night as I lay in bed, looking up at the stars, I thought, “Where the hell is my ceiling?"

Let sleeping tigers lie Khendraja'aro's Avatar
    Sad. Really, really sad. He'll be missed.
    When the stars threw down their spears
    And watered heaven with their tears:
    Did he smile his work to see?
    Did he who made the lamb make thee?

Dear Morven,

I'm so sorry for your loss!

Hope it brings some comfort knowing how well-liked Tim was here. He wasn't just kind and smart but had a great sense of humor, too. I loved the stories and pictures he shared of his life -- your life together -- and how excited he was to marry you!

Tim had a way of posting that was so genuine and authentic, his personality jumped right through the screen. One little thing I remember is that he still enjoyed ironing his own dress shirts (with French cuffs) even after he'd become successful in Finance. He had a lot of character and wasn't just well-liked here but highly respected, too.

Thank you for taking the time to let us know. My condolences to you and your family, death is never easy but when it comes suddenly it can be extra difficult.

So it goes. My sincerest condolences.

I'm so sorry to hear My condolences. He will be missed.
    Keep on keepin' the beat alive!

I'm terribly sorry for your loss Morven.

I am so sorry for your loss. I only knew him through this bulletin board, but he was always a good guy in every conversation. Very, very sad news.
    The Rules
    Copper- behave toward others to elicit treatment you would like (the manipulative rule)
    Gold- treat others how you would like them to treat you (the self regard rule)
    Platinum - treat others the way they would like to be treated (the PC rule)

Morven. My condolences in this difficult time. I know what mourning is. A loved one passed away recently.
    The good news about mourning is that it has a limited fuel tank. Spending that fuel is overwhelming, but when the tank is depleted you will feel bored of feeling bad and the only other option is to feel fine again.
    It does not mean you will forget him, but the pain will be gone. It takes 1 to 2 years for pain to slowly decrease to a good level.
    In the meantime, do not let sleeping schedule to be altered and keep your nutrition in good levels.
    If you think you need to talk, just post here and I am sure people here will be supporting you.
    Whatever happens, always remember these strangers here (not sure about all, but at least most) want you to be fine.
    Freedom - When people learn to embrace criticism about politicians, since politicians are just employees like you and me.

I'm so sorry My deepest condolences.
    Carthāgō dēlenda est

Thank you for letting us know Morven. My sincerest condolences, and sympathy for your loss. Tim was a great member of this community. He will be missed.
    . . .

Dear Morven-

This is terrible news and I am so sorry for your loss. Obviously we never knew the "real" Timbuk, but for over the decade we got to experience a side of him that was smart, funny and a delightful member of this community.

My condolences to you and your family, and thank you for taking the time/effort to let this corner of the Internet know of his passing.

Terrible and sudden news!
    My condolences to you and your family.