Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: May's out. Who's in?

You need to go further back. Cameron delayed calling a referendum as long as he could, the public desire to call a referendum was irresistable by that point and was largely due to Blair and Brown reneging on their pledge to hold a referendum on Lisbon because they knew they'd lose it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ominous Gamer View Post
    ℬeing upset is understandable, but be upset at yourself for poor planning, not at the world by acting like a spoiled bitch during an interview.

And she's resigned. Bye, bye.
    ℬeing upset is understandable, but be upset at yourself for poor planning, not at the world by acting like a spoiled bitch during an interview.

Any sign of a tory leadership candidate capable of empathy?
    There's a man goin' 'round, takin' names
    And he decides who to free and who to blame

Johnson, Hunt, McVey, Stewart and Leadsom probably.

Lying sociopaths & chancers, apart from Stewart whose chances are therefore poorer. You could've just said "no".
    "One day, we shall die. All the other days, we shall live."

Yes but it turns out that Stewart once smoked opium at a wedding in Iran therefore he's out.
    Quote Originally Posted by Steely Glint View Post
    It's actually the original French billion, which is bi-million, which is a million to the power of 2. We adopted the word, and then they changed it, presumably as revenge for Crecy and Agincourt, and then the treasonous Americans adopted the new French usage and spread it all over the world. And now we have to use it.

And that's Why I'm Voting Leave.

I don't think anyone cares about Stewart smoking opium once. He's out because he's a Europhile continuity-May candidate.

After Raab's ludicrous suggestion of proroguing Parliament I'm going to rule out backing him too. Stupid idea.

That leaves Johnson, then Gove in my eyes. PM Boris?

Boris shouldn't even be considered for any ministerial position after what he did Zaghari-Ratcliffe, let alone Prime Minister. Most other politicians would have resigned, it disgusts me that he thinks he deserves the top job after a failure of that magnitude. It pains me to say this, but if you must have a Leaver PM it's going to have to be that little fucker Michael Gove, who I hate.

Honestly, the lack of any discernible talent or ability in the upper echelons of the parliamentary Tory party is a bit shocking. I can still remember the major Tory figures from the Thatcher/Major era, when I was growing up. Say what you will about their policies and priorities, they at least knew their business. Same with Labour compared to the Blair/Brown era, really.
    When the sky above us fell
    We descended into hell
    Into kingdom come

Quote Originally Posted by Timbuk2 View Post
    Yes but it turns out that Stewart once smoked opium at a wedding in Iran therefore he's out.
    As far as I can tell all serious contenders now have said they've taken one illegal drug or another when they were younger. I can't think of any serious contender who hasn't.

Jeremy Corbyn hasn't though.

Quote Originally Posted by RandBlade View Post
    Johnson, Hunt, McVey, Stewart and Leadsom probably.
    Why do you believe this?
    There's a man goin' 'round, takin' names
    And he decides who to free and who to blame

Besides Stewart they've all regularly displayed it in the past, I don't know much about Stewart but he seems to too.

It wouldn't surprise me if they were still using it. I mean all the talk about renegotiating the withdrawal agreement must come from somewhere and it isn't Brussels where they de facto are disbanding the article 50 task force.
    Congratulations America

The Withdrawal Agreement is dead and the fact May signed it is moot the second May is no longer PM. It wasn't ratified, it is meaningless junk now.

Some on the EU side have said the withdrawal agreement could be renegotiated but that it would need to be done by the next EU Commission and not this one.

Since the Commission isn't the part of the EU that gives the mandate to negotiate that someone you heard of is talking out of his backside.

And again; withdrawal agreement or not. To move forward you will be paying us the exact amount you owe us (around €50bn), you will be guaranteeing the rights of our citizens and you will be following rules that keep the Irish - Northern Irish border open.
    Congratulations America

lmao getting rid of VAT will fix the economy.

Quote Originally Posted by Hazir View Post
    Since the Commission isn't the part of the EU that gives the mandate to negotiate that someone you heard of is talking out of his backside.

And again; withdrawal agreement or not. To move forward you will be paying us the exact amount you owe us (around €50bn), you will be guaranteeing the rights of our citizens and you will be following rules that keep the Irish - Northern Irish border open.
    That someone was an EU Commissioner speaking "very carefully": https://order-order.com/2019/06/03/e...ement-changed/

Ah well, it's the usual grasping at straws.
    Congratulations America

"I don't believe there will be change" != "There will not be any change".

Yeah, because you hold all the cards and German car makets, right?

She gives the same answer multiple times. There is no implication she tries to keep her options open. She's just not willing to speak for her successors.

But those successors will be working with the exact same mandate, with the exact same lead negotiatior.
    Congratulations America

But with a different PM.

Irrelevant unless the new PM makes drastic concessions wrt the red lines, which a Tory PM can't.

And shouldn't. None of the red lines are an issue. None of the red lines prevent a simple FTA.

And shouldn't. None of the red lines are an issue. None of the red lines prevent a simple FTA.
    The negotiations concern the withdrawal agreement, not a future FTA. Without a backstop—the opposition to which is a clear red line for untrustworthy Tories eager to throw NI under the bus in order to save face and appease Little Englanders—neither will be realized. This is doubly true in the case of Johnson's inane "plan" to welch on the divorce bill.

It would be so nice if you could inform yourself about the bare bone basics. Without ratification of the WA your next MP should not bother about coming to Brussels.
    Congratulations America

Might get a decent meal out of it

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-48577579

Boris Johnson has pledged to cut income tax bills for people earning more than £50,000 a year if he wins the race to succeed Theresa May as prime minister.
    #priorites
    We descended into hell
    Into kingdom come

The future of Britain:

Randblade: "I don't see what's racist about saying Muslim women are letterboxes"
    We descended into hell
    Into kingdom come

I would find it wrong to say "Muslim women are letterboxes". Most Muslim women rightly don't wear the burqa. Indeed, I find it very derogatory to suggest there is a race born to wear burqas. Which race is that?