Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 31 to 44 of 44

Thread: Oberlin College

  1. #31
    Boo hoo, call the whaambulance for the freeee speech melting snowflakes.

  2. #32
    Quote Originally Posted by Lewkowski View Post
    This isn't about blacklisting someone for the wrong politics. This is about blacklisting people who gleefully defamed an innocent family. One is essentially a thought crime, the latter is "penalizing" someone due to concrete unethical actions.
    Seriously, Lewk? So someone being racist should enjoy protection for their speech (i.e., Milo), but people accusing others of racism should not? It's telling that you think white supremacists aren't unethical.
    Hope is the denial of reality

  3. #33
    Quote Originally Posted by Loki View Post
    Seriously, Lewk? So someone being racist should enjoy protection for their speech (i.e., Milo), but people accusing others of racism should not? It's telling that you think white supremacists aren't unethical.
    Da fk? You are free not to hire genuine racists either. I say genuine because apparently anyone to the left of Stalin is automatically a racist and a Nazi in the eyes of the left. For example Sarah Jeong has as history of direct non-humor based sexist and racist statements and I don't think the NYT should have hired her.

  4. #34
    Quote Originally Posted by Lewkowski View Post
    Da fk? You are free not to hire genuine racists either. I say genuine because apparently anyone to the left of Stalin is automatically a racist and a Nazi in the eyes of the left. For example Sarah Jeong has as history of direct non-humor based sexist and racist statements and I don't think the NYT should have hired her.
    Lewk, you've consistently defended the rights of white supremacists to spew hate speech on free speech grounds. You've gone after organizations that punished white supremacists in any way. Because free speech is great. Unless people using free speech are supporting beliefs you disagree with. White supremacy is not one of those beliefs, apparently.
    Hope is the denial of reality

  5. #35
    Quote Originally Posted by Lewkowski View Post
    You wouldn't want a sexual offender working at a school. You also wouldn't want someone who screams racism when there is none working in any company with an HR department. While the magnitude is obviously different the point remains.
    I think we've got rather too far with the sex offender thing and Megan's Law and its ilk, actually. But it is amusing, appalling, and illustrative that you have equated sex offenders and students participating in a rally. Incidentally, the school and its officials were in a position where they certainly knew that the claims were false and discovery proved they knew that AND didn't care. A claim that you have not one shred of evidence for wrt these students. Rumormongering isn't the same as defamation or libel and FALLING for rumormongering is even less so.

    Quote Originally Posted by Loki View Post
    Lewk, you've consistently defended the rights of white supremacists to spew hate speech on free speech grounds. You've gone after organizations that punished white supremacists in any way. Because free speech is great. Unless people using free speech are supporting beliefs you disagree with. White supremacy is not one of those beliefs, apparently.
    Huh. You know, for a long time, I felt that Lewk was not actually racist, he was just an easily pandered to political-tribe idiot. But you make a point that does successfully demonstrate otherwise. Lewk does get angry and spews verbiage on here when people take offense at or try and blacklist white supremacists, claiming free speech, but here is demanding the exact same thing. He IS a racist. He identifies with the white supremacists.
    Last night as I lay in bed, looking up at the stars, I thought, “Where the hell is my ceiling?"

  6. #36
    It's not like racism is some character flaw people are just born with. Stoking resentment amongst easily pandering too generically angry white guys until they become racist is your standard alt-right playbook.
    Sing in grief, a requiem, the curse of our millennium, these souls keep whispering from the river beds
    An end to all these violent means, alive in these red water dreams, their haunted burdens stirring in my head on streets still running red
    Most went in the flood, a few were martyred by the flames, yet those who unleashed the waters are still guilty all the same
    When the ignorance of puppets serves the masters larger game, they let it rain, they let it rain
    When I get the chance to rise I'll find the light in their cold eyes or lose myself and carry out revenge
    The righteous hunt has just begun, the dimming of the bleeding sun will let these waters run clear once again



  7. #37
    I can't see any other reasonable interpretation. He wants to blacklist based on speech (as long as it's unethical; he said nothing about legality), but not if that speech is in support of white supremacy. I.e., he doesn't think racist speech is sufficiently unethical, but calling someone racist is.
    Hope is the denial of reality

  8. #38
    Quote Originally Posted by Loki View Post
    Lewk, you've consistently defended the rights of white supremacists to spew hate speech on free speech grounds. You've gone after organizations that punished white supremacists in any way. Because free speech is great. Unless people using free speech are supporting beliefs you disagree with. White supremacy is not one of those beliefs, apparently.
    Everyone has the right to free to speech.

    Social media shouldn't censor opposing views.

    They have a legal right to censor opposing views.

    People who maliciously smear others and can be proven to have cause economic harm should be sued.

    People who present a risk to a business should be screened.

    People who have demonstrated a lack of honesty and a desire to hurt others with lies should be screened.

    Which statements do you disagree with?

  9. #39
    Quote Originally Posted by LittleFuzzy View Post
    I think we've got rather too far with the sex offender thing and Megan's Law and its ilk, actually. But it is amusing, appalling, and illustrative that you have equated sex offenders and students participating in a rally.
    While the magnitude is obviously different the point remains.

    You even quoted it so I would assume you actually read what I wrote, but maybe not. Let me highlight it again for you.

  10. #40
    You can write the part about lying while supporting Trump with a straight face? And you don't think white supremacists desire to hurt others with lies? By that do you mean they don't want to hurt others or that their racist views aren't based on lies?
    Hope is the denial of reality

  11. #41
    Quote Originally Posted by Loki View Post
    You can write the part about lying while supporting Trump with a straight face? And you don't think white supremacists desire to hurt others with lies? By that do you mean they don't want to hurt others or that their racist views aren't based on lies?
    I support the Trump policies I like, I've never voted for him, I've never contributed to his campaign. How do you define support?

    Also people can certainly hurt others with lies but for it to rise to defamation and actual economic loss a few things have to happen first. One is demonstrable harm. Some flat earth clown railing about how black people are the deep state and are teaming up with Iran to overthrow America doesn't meet that bar. Crazies are gonna crazy.

  12. #42
    Quote Originally Posted by Lewkowski View Post
    I support the Trump policies I like, I've never voted for him, I've never contributed to his campaign. How do you define support?

    Also people can certainly hurt others with lies but for it to rise to defamation and actual economic loss a few things have to happen first. One is demonstrable harm.
    Oh, you mean like with the Pizzagate crap that YOU were peddling?
    Last night as I lay in bed, looking up at the stars, I thought, “Where the hell is my ceiling?"

  13. #43
    Quote Originally Posted by LittleFuzzy View Post
    Oh, you mean like with the Pizzagate crap that YOU were peddling?
    Was I now? Link the post.

  14. #44
    https://5newsonline.com/2019/07/01/f...g-accusations/

    At first glance I thought this was going to be a similar case, but its way more hilarious.
    Dude drops serious coin refurbishing a restaurant into some sort of "New American" Trumpland. Without securing backing for its completion. Misspends the funds he did have, which causes him to fail inspection.

    So whos fault is it that he can't open?

    The gays and liberals! Who he has now threatened because this is all somehow tied to his "constitutional right to free enterprise."
    The guy's facebook is equally off the rails crazy.
    Last edited by Ominous Gamer; 07-02-2019 at 05:29 PM.
    "In a field where an overlooked bug could cost millions, you want people who will speak their minds, even if they’re sometimes obnoxious about it."

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •