Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Oberlin College

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Try not to be Lewk?

Boo hoo, call the whaambulance for the freeee speech melting snowflakes.

It's not like racism is some character flaw people are just born with. Stoking resentment amongst easily pandering too generically angry white guys until they become racist is your standard alt-right playbook.
    When the sky above us fell
    We descended into hell
    Into kingdom come

I can't see any other reasonable interpretation. He wants to blacklist based on speech (as long as it's unethical; he said nothing about legality), but not if that speech is in support of white supremacy. I.e., he doesn't think racist speech is sufficiently unethical, but calling someone racist is.
    Hope is the denial of reality

You can write the part about lying while supporting Trump with a straight face? And you don't think white supremacists desire to hurt others with lies? By that do you mean they don't want to hurt others or that their racist views aren't based on lies?
    Hope is the denial of reality

Quote Originally Posted by Loki View Post
    You can write the part about lying while supporting Trump with a straight face? And you don't think white supremacists desire to hurt others with lies? By that do you mean they don't want to hurt others or that their racist views aren't based on lies?
    I support the Trump policies I like, I've never voted for him, I've never contributed to his campaign. How do you define support?

Also people can certainly hurt others with lies but for it to rise to defamation and actual economic loss a few things have to happen first. One is demonstrable harm. Some flat earth clown railing about how black people are the deep state and are teaming up with Iran to overthrow America doesn't meet that bar. Crazies are gonna crazy.

Quote Originally Posted by Lewkowski View Post
    I support the Trump policies I like, I've never voted for him, I've never contributed to his campaign. How do you define support?

Also people can certainly hurt others with lies but for it to rise to defamation and actual economic loss a few things have to happen first. One is demonstrable harm.
    Oh, you mean like with the Pizzagate crap that YOU were peddling?
    Last night as I lay in bed, looking up at the stars, I thought, “Where the hell is my ceiling?"

Quote Originally Posted by LittleFuzzy View Post
    Oh, you mean like with the Pizzagate crap that YOU were peddling?
    Was I now? Link the post.

https://5newsonline.com/2019/07/01/f...g-accusations/

At first glance I thought this was going to be a similar case, but its way more hilarious.
    Dude drops serious coin refurbishing a restaurant into some sort of "New American" Trumpland. Without securing backing for its completion. Misspends the funds he did have, which causes him to fail inspection.

So whos fault is it that he can't open?

The gays and liberals! Who he has now threatened because this is all somehow tied to his "constitutional right to free enterprise."
    The guy's facebook is equally off the rails crazy.
    Last edited by Ominous Gamer; 07-02-2019 at 05:29 PM.
    "In a field where an overlooked bug could cost millions, you want people who will speak their minds, even if they’re sometimes obnoxious about it."

At long last the stupid college is paying up:

https://www.cnn.com/2022/09/09/us/ob...eaj/index.html

"On Thursday, Oberlin College and Conservatory said it would pay a $36.59 million judgment to Gibson Bakery after the Ohio Supreme Court ruled on August 30 not to take up the college's appeal of a lower court ruling that upheld the judgment."

6 years and countless appeals later. Sheesh, justice moves slow.