Page 11 of 31 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast

Thread: YouTube thread

That was good.
    Quote Originally Posted by Steely Glint View Post
    It's actually the original French billion, which is bi-million, which is a million to the power of 2. We adopted the word, and then they changed it, presumably as revenge for Crecy and Agincourt, and then the treasonous Americans adopted the new French usage and spread it all over the world. And now we have to use it.

And that's Why I'm Voting Leave.

We're stuck in a bloody snowglobe.

All those moments lost in time... like tears in the rain

All those moments lost in time... like tears in the rain

I could have had class. I could have been a contender.
    I could have been somebody. Instead of a bum
    Which is what I am

I aim at the stars
    But sometimes I hit London

^ I didn't get why they were covered in paint, until the end, then I understood it meant how many times they screwed up.

Any TF2 fans?

I'll upload the rest tomorrow after work, make my own thread again and whatnot.

What a great cat video! Snooky has rhythm! I like how the gray one just walks right up to it and sits down.

Let sleeping tigers lie Khendraja'aro's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by GGT View Post
    What a great cat video! Snooky has rhythm! I like how the gray one just walks right up to it and sits down.
    Used to do that in our students' dorm - hide a metronome somewhere and count the days until finally someone gets annoyed enough to search for the damn thing
    When the stars threw down their spears
    And watered heaven with their tears:
    Did he smile his work to see?
    Did he who made the lamb make thee?

My son can sing and play the harmonica parts.

Wow, I found something my mom used to play for us on the "hi-fi" when we were little. I can remember lying on the floor holding my Pooh Bear, with my sisters next to me. Hushed and quiet. I think it was supposed to be our "quiet" time.

I hope you'll listen from beginning to end. It's great music and Boris is a great narrator.

<The wolf and Grandfather still scare me >
    Last edited by GGT; 02-04-2011 at 09:23 AM.

Improved Rickroll

Carthāgō dēlenda est

so so so very good
    "One day, we shall die. All the other days, we shall live."

VW commercial was perhaps the lamest attempt at a cool idea, but I liked these three superbowl commercials the best. The Chrysler one felt especially personal and emotional, but I don't think many people outside of the target market for that model are going to understand it.

Transformers, Super 8, Captain America, Thor, Fast 5...lots of hopefully good action flicks coming this year...

Senior Member Evidently Supermarioman's Avatar
    I will give you ten points if you can name where this song is from.

I enjoy blank walls.

I hope no one has posted this yet. Kinda stupid, but amusing nonetheless.

Quote Originally Posted by wiggin View Post
    I hope no one has posted this yet. Kinda stupid, but amusing nonetheless.
    Heh - One Ronnie - kind of an up to date Two Ronnies, with Harry Enfield as the other Ronnie.

Here's the original from 1976; and probably the most iconic of the Two Ronnies sketches.

It's actually the original French billion, which is bi-million, which is a million to the power of 2. We adopted the word, and then they changed it, presumably as revenge for Crecy and Agincourt, and then the treasonous Americans adopted the new French usage and spread it all over the world. And now we have to use it.

Portal 2's co-op and Valentines Day

Valve's marketing is staffed by geniuses.
    "In a field where an overlooked bug could cost millions, you want people who will speak their minds, even if they’re sometimes obnoxious about it."

I almost put this in the groove thread

Today is the 10th anniversary of All Your Base...
    "In a field where an overlooked bug could cost millions, you want people who will speak their minds, even if they’re sometimes obnoxious about it."

IF YOU DO NOT AGREE TO MY DEMANS
    TOO LATE
    I enjoy blank walls.

Love it - this has been all over the news here.

Granny who attacked raiders with handbag: I'm no hero

The woman - thought to be aged in her 70s - was caught on video camera running across a road towards the six-strong mob as they shattered the windows of a jeweller's in Northampton.

The robbers, who arrived on three scooters, fled seconds after the red-coated pensioner, who does not wish to be named, began lashing out at them with a big black handbag.

The brave elderly lady said that when she first saw the gang she originally thought there was a fight going on and it was only when she got closer to them that she realised it was a robbery in the making.

She said she felt angry the gang thought they could get away with it and when one of the men on a scooter nearly ploughed into a woman and a baby in its buggy, she decided to leap into action.

'I clobbered him with my shopping but he got away,' she told the Northampton Chronicle.

'The rest of them were still trying to smash and grab at the jewellery.

'I didn't know what happened next but I just kept swinging my bag.'

She went on to describe how she 'landed several blows' on the back of one of the robbers and brought him to the ground as he tried to get away on his scooter.

The video footage also showed other members of the public pinning down the man who had fallen from one of the scooters just yards away from the jeweller's.

She said now she just wanted to be left in peace and added: 'I'm not a hero and it was maybe foolish of me to get involved but somebody had to do something.'

Police were called to the scene, on the corner of Gold Street and Bridge Street, at 9.30am yesterday after the raiders began to smash the store's front windows using sledgehammers.

Four men, aged 18, 22, 25 and 39, have been arrested and police are now looking for a further two who are believed to have been involved in the incident.

So I don't keep "spamming" up the best concert thread-----

Damn, that shit was great then and it's still great now

It ended abruptly for some reason. This is a live version:

Look at that crowd! Did anyone here see Freddie live?
    Last edited by GGT; 02-23-2011 at 02:30 PM.

Heh - I remember staying up late to watch live aid 1985 - but fell asleep in my sleeping bag on the sofa before it really got going.

I enjoy blank walls.