Page 20 of 31 FirstFirst ... 10181920212230 ... LastLast

Thread: YouTube thread

Haha, funny as hell.
    Tomorrow is like an empty canvas that extends endlessly, what should I sketch on it?

Quote Originally Posted by Ominous Gamer View Post
    This sounds about right...
    Very cool.

Always wonder how long it takes to put together compilations like this, set to music, edited, produced, polished.

Just one dude on his pc, over many a night-time hour ... ?

I like.

Such is Life...

I was never this insane, but this does bring back some good memories of my old 240SX hatch.

"In a field where an overlooked bug could cost millions, you want people who will speak their minds, even if they’re sometimes obnoxious about it."

He's probably the biggest name in political science over the last decade.
    Hope is the denial of reality

"In a field where an overlooked bug could cost millions, you want people who will speak their minds, even if they’re sometimes obnoxious about it."

Ouch

"One day, we shall die. All the other days, we shall live."

I could have had class. I could have been a contender.
    I could have been somebody. Instead of a bum
    Which is what I am

I aim at the stars
    But sometimes I hit London

Kid's look at these crayons? Kids learn to spell.

37s starts the good stuff

lol, deep down, I think I'm a little jealous.

LOL...yeah, gonna see that. Now just waiting for Kick Ass II!
    Brevior saltare cum deformibus viris est vita

oldie but a goodie

Spoiler:

The phony bear faked it in Kilauea Volcano also. He taped most of the show a few hundred feet from various highways. He didn't even hike the easy three miles from the landing site to the final destination. Most of the scenes in the show don't exist in the area he was supposed to be in: avocado trees, lava tube, tropical forest, fissures, and landing site are all in different parts of the island and separated by up to 50 miles. I have hiked this area hundreds of times. I can understand how people who have not been to the area may think it's legitimate, but I was surprised how easy it was to dupe the Discovery Channel. It would be suicidal to follow the foolish advice given by this show.

In this clip, the phony bear is supposed to be next to the ocean and is trying to cross these fissures to get there. But he is, in fact, at the SW Rift Zone at the 4000 foot summit of Kilauea. This is about 50 highway miles away from his very next scene next to the ocean and his final destination at the end of Highway 130. These fissures are unique to a small area on the summit and are a very popular tourist viewing area. They are only a few hundred feet long and easy to go around. Only the phony bear seems to have trouble crossing them. Throughout the episode, he makes up silly solutions to problems which don't exist. The fissures are located next to the parking area on the Crater Rim Drive shown on the clip.

Update: The original concept was that Bear Grylls would be dropped into remote areas and make his way to civilization with no help. The Discovery Channel removed this episode and several others from circulation after they were shown to be fake. Other early episodes were heavily edited to remove fake scenes, and new voice-overs were used to disclose that he received help from the crew including the building of shelters and the supplying of animals. Disclaimers on recent episodes disclose that scenes are staged. The disclaimers were added AFTER this video and other disclosures about the dishonesty of the series came out.
    I could have had class. I could have been a contender.
    I could have been somebody. Instead of a bum
    Which is what I am

I aim at the stars
    But sometimes I hit London

Yeah - he was sacked by Discovery Channel yesterday.

Among other things; In 2008, he apologised for misleading viewers for an episode which saw him supposedly abandoned in the wilderness - a programme consultant later claimed he had stayed in a motel.