Page 14 of 31 FirstFirst ... 4121314151624 ... LastLast

Thread: YouTube thread

Quote Originally Posted by GGT View Post
    Tim made me remember this.....I know this much is true.....only old people have old memories.

Outstanding!

Gee, I love you.
    Quote Originally Posted by Steely Glint View Post
    It's actually the original French billion, which is bi-million, which is a million to the power of 2. We adopted the word, and then they changed it, presumably as revenge for Crecy and Agincourt, and then the treasonous Americans adopted the new French usage and spread it all over the world. And now we have to use it.

And that's Why I'm Voting Leave.

I still have his "greatest hits" cassette tape, somewhere. Sounds corny to some of you, but I've always liked the guy. Just look at him, such a cutie with a sweet smile! Can't help but tap-a-toe and sing-along a bit. Funny to see old "dance videos" from early MTV days, though.

Quote Originally Posted by Timbuk2 View Post
    Outstanding!

Gee, I love you.
    Aw, I love you, too! (Also have a Spandau Ballet cassette hanging around somewhere here.....)

Fun starts at 1:10. This is the white Michael Jackson!

Although seriously, the kid is 11 years old. I don't understand how that kind of body control is possible at that age.
    Tomorrow is like an empty canvas that extends endlessly, what should I sketch on it?

That's a pretty insane steadycam shot. Keep in mind that a steadycam is very heavy and tricky to operate, so going full speed on a segway, jumping off, onto a stage, and running like this is pretty impressive! Also, respect for the focus puller running along
    Keep on keepin' the beat alive!

Tomorrow is like an empty canvas that extends endlessly, what should I sketch on it?

Why won't the guy on the bench just throw the stick for the poor dog?

^^haha that was adorable

This is pretty cool though, a whole town in Michigan lip dubbing to "American Pie"

Someone took Prometheus and expanded it into a live action FPSer

"In a field where an overlooked bug could cost millions, you want people who will speak their minds, even if they’re sometimes obnoxious about it."

That guy is good with spinning records! Also, fun way to make dubstep wobbles at ~4 minutes.
    Keep on keepin' the beat alive!

Kinda like seeing those 1st-person roller coasters, except this is another level of dangerous.

Whoa!! Simultaneously the coolest and scariest thing I've seen in a long time. That he only went off course 3 times is crazy, and avoiding that dog! Oh my god, talk about a wild ride.

Heh.

And all in a pin-stripe suit too.
    It's actually the original French billion, which is bi-million, which is a million to the power of 2. We adopted the word, and then they changed it, presumably as revenge for Crecy and Agincourt, and then the treasonous Americans adopted the new French usage and spread it all over the world. And now we have to use it.

"In a field where an overlooked bug could cost millions, you want people who will speak their minds, even if they’re sometimes obnoxious about it."

Awww poor baby.

If the bike lane is obstructed, then stop and walk the bike around.

Just like I can't drive a motorcycle on the sidewalk if there is a traffic jam.
    Brevior saltare cum deformibus viris est vita

Heh - amusing way to make a point.

Let sleeping tigers lie Khendraja'aro's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Veldan Rath View Post
    Awww poor baby.

If the bike lane is obstructed, then stop and walk the bike around.

Just like I can't drive a motorcycle on the sidewalk if there is a traffic jam.
    Ah, so every time some asshole parks his car on a bike lane, I have to get down from my bike and walk around the car? What kind of moronic suggestion is that?

That said, I rather like the solution our fire brigade uses in case some moron obstructs the way with his car: They simply shove the car away with the fire truck. And then bill him for the damage his car caused to the truck.
    When the stars threw down their spears
    And watered heaven with their tears:
    Did he smile his work to see?
    Did he who made the lamb make thee?

Since we've agreed that we love skillful bikers...

Danny MacAskill has always put me in awe. The control some of those guys got on their bike is just amazing. Then again their bikes aren't normal. Just like a Subaru rally car wouldn't be fair to compare against a Golf.
    Last edited by Kazuha Vinland; 06-09-2011 at 07:04 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Khendraja'aro View Post
    Ah, so every time some asshole parks his car on a bike lane, I have to get down from my bike and walk around the car? What kind of moronic suggestion is that?
    It's not a perfect solution, but what would you suggest? Have them weave out into traffic or jump onto the sidewalk?

Maybe instead of pitching a fit with a cop (which NEVER gets you anywhere: I'm saving the PLANET!!!) you act like a grown up?

Let sleeping tigers lie Khendraja'aro's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Veldan Rath View Post
    It's not a perfect solution, but what would you suggest? Have them weave out into traffic or jump onto the sidewalk?

Maybe instead of pitching a fit with a cop (which NEVER gets you anywhere: I'm saving the PLANET!!!) you act like a grown up?
    I expect the cops to fine the shit out of the morons parking their cars in the wrong place? And calling a tow truck?

I mean, do you park your car in the middle of the lane? Do you know how annoying those stupid moron asscunts are who think that their 1 ton of steel gives them the right to obstruct my way because they can't be arsed to walk 10 meters? Just yesterday I had to deal with one of those morons: Was travelling on the bicycle lane when a SUV pulls out of a parking slot, drives up to the street and then has to stop because of the traffic. Thus blocking both the bicycle lane and and the walkway almost completely. The stupid fucker sees me approaching - and does not even make the attempt to reverse his car even a little bit, even though he could.

My solution: Getting down from the bike, walking reaaaaaal slow in front of the car, stopping in the middle and tying my shoe laces.
    When the stars threw down their spears
    And watered heaven with their tears:
    Did he smile his work to see?
    Did he who made the lamb make thee?

This is so funny some UK show:

The one with the Amnesty International guy was good..I think i'll try that approach next time one of them stop me on the street

Quote Originally Posted by Khendraja'aro View Post
    I expect the cops to fine the shit out of the morons parking their cars in the wrong place? And calling a tow truck?

I mean, do you park your car in the middle of the lane? Do you know how annoying those stupid moron asscunts are who think that their 1 ton of steel gives them the right to obstruct my way because they can't be arsed to walk 10 meters? Just yesterday I had to deal with one of those morons: Was travelling on the bicycle lane when a SUV pulls out of a parking slot, drives up to the street and then has to stop because of the traffic. Thus blocking both the bicycle lane and and the walkway almost completely. The stupid fucker sees me approaching - and does not even make the attempt to reverse his car even a little bit, even though he could.

My solution: Getting down from the bike, walking reaaaaaal slow in front of the car, stopping in the middle and tying my shoe laces.
    No argument from me on the above. Never said drivers were sacrosanct.

Don't know who else is following lulzsec, but this is the best youtube video ever.

Queen of the Oliphaunts Elanya Rodillia's Avatar
    This is the movie my brother and some friends made for the Minneapolis 48 Hour Film Festival this past weekend. I'm the voice of the computer. For anyone who isn't familiar with this (which I know is probably most or all of you), the contestants 48 hours for write, shoot, edit, and turn in a 4 - 7 minute short film. All the groups have the same required elements, which are a line of dialogue, a prop, and a character. This year the required parts were "Tell me about it", a magnet, and Les or Lena Olinger - a driving instructor. All teams draw a category (fantasy, sci-fi, drama, foreign film, heist, etc.), and this year we got sci-fi.

This is towards the end of her tea party, so she was starting to get bored, but I still managed to capture a repeat of the reason I grabbed the camera in the first place.

(loud voice at about 25 seconds, sorry about that)
    35 seconds for the fun

Oh yeah, Scarlett is getting closer to bringing Daddy waffles with syrup at 5am!

I just have to post the intro to the best documentary (and sound track) my kids and I have ever experienced together:

I liked it elanya. Also Draco you top video was great.
    Here's a random vid not sure where found it, but it's short and looks neat.

Danny MacAskill has always put me in awe. The control some of those guys got on their bike is just amazing. Then again their bikes aren't normal. Just like a Subaru rally car wouldn't be fair to compare against a Golf.
    I don't think their bike takes from anything or is even worth noting, it's not even close to the same. The skill is incredible that that guy has.

Awesome Portal 2 easter egg hidden in Left 4 Dead 2.

Purty.

I loves time-lapse.

Wonder what type of camera he was using.