Thread: Bye Bye Biden?

Default Bye Bye Biden?

I didn't watch the Democratic debates, but followed the aftermath in the news.

Sounds like Biden choked, couldn't defend his long tenure in government, and sounded like an *old* establishment character. He even said "my time is up". oops?

I'd be surprised if he wins the (D) primaries in this new political era. Personally, I wish he'd retired and never entered the race, but I'm not a Democrat and can't even vote in the PA state primaries, so maybe my opinion doesn't matter much.

I heard he praised segregation while railing against Brown vs. Board of Education and promoting a third invasion of Iraq. When confronted with an illegal immigrant brought to the stage to demand their right to vote, he stepped on their necks and drank blood from their aorta.

Quote Originally Posted by Dreadnaught View Post
    I heard he praised segregation while railing against Brown vs. Board of Education and promoting a third invasion of Iraq. When confronted with an illegal immigrant brought to the stage to demand their right to vote, he stepped on their necks and drank blood from their aorta.
    What a liberal.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ominous Gamer View Post
    ℬeing upset is understandable, but be upset at yourself for poor planning, not at the world by acting like a spoiled bitch during an interview.

Biden screwed himself. He had an opportunity to proactively address his embarrassing record on desegregation policies, but misrepresented that record instead, attempting to cast himself as a progressive champion in the fight to fix the problems that arose from segregation. It was such a stupid thing to do that it's difficult to say he didn't have this coming.
    "One day, we shall die. All the other days, we shall live."

His "embarrassing record on desegregation policies?"

He opposed sending kids on long commutes to schools in different geographic areas, which was done for no other reason than to change the racial makeup of schools. He wasn't alone in opposing such ineffective madness, and he was right.

Wow, I was just asking if people think Biden would/could still become the (D) nominee, despite his poor performance in the first debates.

Quote Originally Posted by Dreadnaught View Post
    His "embarrassing record on desegregation policies?"

He opposed sending kids on long commutes to schools in different geographic areas, which was done for no other reason than to change the racial makeup of schools. He wasn't alone in opposing such ineffective madness, and he was right.
    On the one hand, I would not have wanted my kids bused around like that. On the other, I don't agree with your dismissive wording of "for no other reason than...." The intent was to socialize kids to a racially diverse community so they would be less likely to grow up with racist attitudes. Its a good reason, but one that even non-racist parents resisted.
    The Rules
    Copper- behave toward others to elicit treatment you would like (the manipulative rule)
    Gold- treat others how you would like them to treat you (the self regard rule)
    Platinum - treat others the way they would like to be treated (the PC rule)

Sorry, for no reason other than to change the racial makeup of schools...because of the belief that non-white students would magically benefit from proximity to white people.

Look I understand the distinction you're making and realize it's not simple, but the fact that this idea is in vogue again instead of more sensible ideas to improve public schooling really galls me. My kids teacher's need to be watched like hawks to make sure they don't sit on their tenure. Meanwhile the only proactive effort is an obsessive focus on skin color.

It isn't becoming vogue again, only the crazy left wants that. If they want to lead with free healthcare for illegals, forced busing, reparations for slavery and banning guns they'll get 4 more years of Trump in a landslide.

I'm one of the old fogies here who actually remembers school "busing" first-hand. But I was a white girl attending public school long after they were supposed to de-segregated but weren't. And my dad was a racist, who bought our home based on the racial make-up of our neighborhood, and by default our school's demographics, so it gets complicated pretty fast.

Biden should have known how his long history in politics might have been used against him, even by his fellow Democrats, but he was caught unprepared and flat-footed. It wasn't very inspiring or motivating that he couldn't explain the slow evolution of ideas, in context with politic climates, in the first debate.

Most polls show Biden winning against Trump....but I hope that's not how the DNC nominates their candidate. Polls have inherent problems....