Thread: The slow death of the British Civil Service

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Veldan Rath View Post
    What now?
    Far right is a term that has been adopted to mean Nazis, racists, fascists etc and not people who are simply right wing. Couldn't be more different to Libertarians.

Libertarians are however pretty hard right, not soft centre right. They're firm in what they believe and taking a stand in their beliefs.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ominous Gamer View Post
    ℬeing upset is understandable, but be upset at yourself for poor planning, not at the world by acting like a spoiled bitch during an interview.

Quote Originally Posted by RandBlade View Post
    Far right is a term that has been adopted to mean Nazis, racists, fascists etc and not people who are simply right wing. Couldn't be more different to Libertarians.

Libertarians are however pretty hard right, not soft centre right. They're firm in what they believe and taking a stand in their beliefs.
    As has been discussed here to death, the right and left paradigm isn't particularly useful for describing libertarian principles. Classifying them as hard right doesn't seem to make a whole lot of sense to me.

Quote Originally Posted by Enoch the Red View Post
    As has been discussed here to death, the right and left paradigm isn't particularly useful for describing libertarian principles. Classifying them as hard right doesn't seem to make a whole lot of sense to me.
    What he said.
    Brevior saltare cum deformibus viris est vita

Quote Originally Posted by Veldan Rath View Post
    What he said.
    Because it requires a government to have left or right. No government, no problem, right?
    Faith is Hope (see Loki's sig for details)
    If hindsight is 20-20, why is it so often ignored?

I like the political compass version of left and right for economics, libertarianism v authoritarianism for social issues. And yes, libertarianism is a very hard liberal form of right.
    ℬeing upset is understandable, but be upset at yourself for poor planning, not at the world by acting like a spoiled bitch during an interview.

I like the political compass version of left and right for economics, libertarianism v authoritarianism for social issues. And yes, libertarianism is a very hard liberal form of right.
    Even that doesn't make sense because you can have social libertarians who are fiscally to the left - see anarcho-communists.

Even that doesn't make sense because you can have social libertarians who are fiscally to the left - see anarcho-communists.
    I would not call anarcho-communists libertarians because communism is very illiberal economically.

I would not call anarcho-communists libertarians because communism is very illiberal economically.
    I appreciate that. I also hope you appreciate that Randblade does not hold a sole monopoly on the English language and how it is used.