Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: A fresh opportunity for US "conservatives" to debase themselves

"One day, we shall die. All the other days, we shall live."

Quote Originally Posted by RandBlade View Post
    Those are the only 2 Tweets he has made in the last few days and they are crystal clear and there is no 'both sides' there whatsoever.
    He gave an interview first. See next 2 tweets as well.

Hope is the denial of reality

This is awful. Besides Trump's racist comments and the Republicans who defend him....he's also used hypocrisy to turn the 1st Amendment on its head, and distorted what it means to be American or patriotic.

When HE criticized our government (and doubted Obama's legitimacy with Birtherism) he called it politically-incorrect Freee Speech; but if anyone criticizes him (or they're a Democrat) they HATE America. And while he calls the press The Enemy of the People, he loves being in the spotlight and manipulating cable TV coverage.

It's sad and disturbing to realize the level of cognitive dissonance that is entrenched in about 40% of our populace. But Trump got elected by stoking nativism and fear of "other", and playing the victim card at every level, so this isn't going to change. (The whole world is taking advantage of the US, we're suckers for giving aid to shithole countries, Muslims hate us, China is raping us, Mexicans are rapists and drug lords, there's an invasion of Central Americans faking trauma to get asylum, etc. etc.)

He's not telling those "fine" White Nationalists to "go back to where they came from" when they express their dissent....

http://historynewsnetwork.org/article/171187

Whose Country is This? Trump, Coolidge, and Immigration

"Our country must cease to be regarded as a dumping ground....America must be kept American...."

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Immigration_Act_of_1924

I'd like to be a fly on the wall at the Conway household right now.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/...st/1741855001/

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/...-attack-tweets
    Last edited by GGT; 07-17-2019 at 03:25 AM.

Oh wow. Wtaf.

Expose the scum for how vile they are. This is the evil Trump associates with. There is no hiding place.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ominous Gamer View Post
    ℬeing upset is understandable, but be upset at yourself for poor planning, not at the world by acting like a spoiled bitch during an interview.

Quote Originally Posted by Aimless View Post
    Oh wow. Wtaf.

Is this you Lewkowski? Does this man speak for you, is this who you want to aspire to be?
    Quote Originally Posted by Ominous Gamer View Post
    ℬeing upset is understandable, but be upset at yourself for poor planning, not at the world by acting like a spoiled bitch during an interview.

I can't believe the lengths to which Republican congressmen are willing to go to defend Trump against the very accurate charge of racism. Four Republicans joined democrats in passing a resolution condemning his tweets. The remainder instead tried (and failed) to spank Pelosi for saying the tweets were racist. Another moved to have a clear accounting of Trump's racism struck from the record. These people are so fucking servile it just fills you with painful fremdschämen. No guts.

It's also exciting to watch the media, as they give platforms to white supremacists and write puff pieces about nazis, come up with new ways to avoid saying "racist".
    When the sky above us fell
    We descended into hell
    Into kingdom come

Like, what the fuck:

"racially infused"?
    We descended into hell
    Into kingdom come

Either racism is an herb or the people at the nytimes have been smoking another herb.

Racially-seasoned.
    We descended into hell
    Into kingdom come

What happens when you interview a room full of racist female lewks

https://www.rawstory.com/2019/07/tex...t-say-a-color/
    "In a field where an overlooked bug could cost millions, you want people who will speak their minds, even if they’re sometimes obnoxious about it."

Holy shit.
    The Rules
    Copper- behave toward others to elicit treatment you would like (the manipulative rule)
    Gold- treat others how you would like them to treat you (the self regard rule)
    Platinum - treat others the way they would like to be treated (the PC rule)

That's basically 42% of the country.

Every single woman on that panel is a Trumpist activist. CNN chose not to mention that fact for some reason, just as they forgot the previous times they featured some of these weirdos.

Who knew there was a Lewk in Congress. https://www.yahoo.com/huffpost/mike-...153709809.html

Quote Originally Posted by Loki View Post
    Who knew there was a Lewk in Congress. https://www.yahoo.com/huffpost/mike-...153709809.html
    Well according to leftists the 'victim' of racial discrimination gets to decide if something is offensive or if a micro-aggression occurred. The congressman indicated he had been told to go back to his country due to his Irish heritage. Are you saying this is a fake hate crime, a hoax like the Jussie case? I understand if you are, the number of hoaxes are all over the place these days. Are you switching your position that we need positive proof of discrimination as opposed to just taking a victim's word that discrimination occurred? You can't have it both ways Loki.

Stop, please, you're embarrassing yourself

Stop, please, you're embarrassing yourself
    Oh am I now? It is uncomfortable being asked to have some sort of consistency in how you treat self-reporting of racism and/or hate crimes?

No man it's just borderline painful seeing you say things that are as dumb as dogshit as if they were brilliant insights.

Meanwhile, shining light on a hill:

Lmao the pathology is transatlantic:

https://blogs.spectator.co.uk/2019/0...atthew-parris/

A perfectly sensible observation from Matthew Parris has incurred the wrath of his colleagues on the Times. Speaking of Trump’s “racist” comments, Parris writes:

“I don’t like his attacks but I think they will strike a chord among millions who should not be called racists. It’s just futile to suppose that arrivals from another country, and their children, immediately and automatically assume an identity as citizens that is indistinguishable from that of the population already there. They have all the same rights but will be seen, for a generation or two, as neither better nor worse but different.”

That seems to me precisely the case. And I suspect the majority of Americans think the same, not to mention British people.

Yet you would have thought he had donned a pointy white hood to listen to the wailing from Caitlin Moran and Sathnam Sanghera who said:

‘I’m forever being told, as a second generation immigrant, that I should be “more grateful”, when I’m just doing the same job as him, being critical of aspects of Britain. That is racism.’

Followed up with:

‘I’ve left a comment on the website, Matthew often responds, so hopefully he will reflect.’

Me sticking up for Parris will simply confirm to people of such Manichean, absolutist beliefs, that Matthew is a raaaccissst. They are impervious to everything else. There is nothing else but racism. No nuance, no context, no truth.
    Special relationship

One might argue that the Republican aversion to foreigners is destroying the American identity.

Lmao the pathology is transatlantic:

https://blogs.spectator.co.uk/2019/0...atthew-parris/

Special relationship
    Am I crazy to hold the president of a country to a higher standard than your average Joe?
    Keep on keepin' the beat alive!

One might argue that the Republican aversion to foreigners is destroying the American identity.

Eh. Unfortunately, one constant part of the American identity as a mixing bowl or melting pot is an underlayer of older arrivals turning around and trying to tell newer groups to stop trying to cross over to make a new home and go back to where they came from.
    Last night as I lay in bed, looking up at the stars, I thought, “Where the hell is my ceiling?"

Profile in spinelessness:

This is all so sad, maddening, frustrating. Hard to believe Republican 'leadership' can't even admit Trump's tweets were racist....and that the chants at last night's rally weren't just racist but also antithetical to our democratic values.

MAGA my ass. The GOP is now officially the party of Trump, a cult of personality, and the only *principle* that matters is professing loyalty to The Dear Leader. (see Lindsay Graham)

Now what?

The self-debasement continues, with ever more enthusiastic displays of servility:

Trump's comments are so unracist they're cited as examples of racist harassment in federal workplace discrimination laws.

We descended into hell
    Into kingdom come