Thread: Trump Administration Destroys US Department of Agriculture, Conservatives Rejoice

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Lewkowski View Post
    It is an incredible awful situation when government workers make more than the private citizens that fund them. Maybe if there was a 10% "GE rule" I'd be more sympathetic but the turnover for government employees is atrociously low ensuring you get at best mediocrity.
    Yeah, what a disaster that someone with a Ph.D. in a STEM field would be getting paid more than a college dropout. Or maybe the basis of comparison should be to similar jobs in the private sector, which most definitely pay more.
    Hope is the denial of reality

Quote Originally Posted by Loki View Post
    Yeah, what a disaster that someone with a Ph.D. in a STEM field would be getting paid more than a college dropout. Or maybe the basis of comparison should be to similar jobs in the private sector, which most definitely pay more.
    Most government workers do not have Ph.D.s. If you compare all governments workers (and include benefits and pension) they make disproportionately more money and are nearly impossible to ever fire. Oh they get more time off too.

EDIT: Even when comparing educational backgrounds. A government worker with a 4 year degree vs. a private sector employee with a 4 year degree will make more money and have more benefits, that's jacked up. The disaprity is even greater when you go to people w/o 4 year degrees. The vast vast majority of government workers have 4 year degrees or less education than that.

Quote Originally Posted by Lewkowski View Post
    Most government workers do not have Ph.D.s. If you compare all governments workers (and include benefits and pension) they make disproportionately more money and are nearly impossible to ever fire. Oh they get more time off too.

EDIT: Even when comparing educational backgrounds. A government worker with a 4 year degree vs. a private sector employee with a 4 year degree will make more money and have more benefits, that's jacked up. The disaprity is even greater when you go to people w/o 4 year degrees. The vast vast majority of government workers have 4 year degrees or less education than that.
    https://www.cbo.gov/publication/52637

Also note that 40% of federal employees are soldiers and most compensation is spent on civilians who work in DOD/DHS/VA, who I assume you feel should be fairly compensated.
    "When I meet God, I am going to ask him two questions: Why relativity? And why turbulence? I really believe he will have an answer for the first." - Werner Heisenberg (maybe)