Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Boris is in. Who's next?

Not long before Boris met the Queen, this was projected right across Buckingham Palace.

Seems people have a certain ... impression ... of the character of the man.
    Last edited by Timbuk2; 07-25-2019 at 07:38 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Steely Glint View Post
    It's actually the original French billion, which is bi-million, which is a million to the power of 2. We adopted the word, and then they changed it, presumably as revenge for Crecy and Agincourt, and then the treasonous Americans adopted the new French usage and spread it all over the world. And now we have to use it.

And that's Why I'm Voting Leave.

I'm sure Boris will be crying into his cornflakes that he isn't backed by the Greenpeace/Donkeys crew of extremists.

They also tried to blockade his motorcade to meet Her Majesty too. That didn't work either.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ominous Gamer View Post
    ℬeing upset is understandable, but be upset at yourself for poor planning, not at the world by acting like a spoiled bitch during an interview.

Quote Originally Posted by Aimless View Post
    I have changed my mind, this post of yours has dethroned Lewk's post about trans people. "We can't be racists because some of our cabinet ministers are brown and if you oppose racism your can't criticize brown people who suck" is even more derp than the classic Irish Accents episode.
    That's not what I said, so drop your phony quote marks.

It is interesting to note that all 4 Great Offices of State are occupied by children/recent descendents of migrants. We have the Great Grandson of a Turkish Minister who was murdered following the fall of the Ottoman Empire as PM, a child of an Indian migrant as Chancellor, child of a Pakistani migrant as Home Secretary and child of a Czech migrant as Foreign Secretary. This cabinet also has in it a record amount of BME ministers, totalling the same as all previous British cabinets throughout all of history combined which is a rather suprising record.

I also believe from memory that I didn't say Irish accent.
    ℬeing upset is understandable, but be upset at yourself for poor planning, not at the world by acting like a spoiled bitch during an interview.

Quote Originally Posted by RandBlade View Post
    I also believe from memory that I didn't say Irish accent.

"One day, we shall die. All the other days, we shall live."

So I didn't simply say Irish accent. You missed out the adjective that was there qualifying it.

It is astonishing that you still think that's somehow a mitigating circumstance

I'm sure Boris will be crying into his cornflakes that he isn't backed by the Greenpeace/Donkeys crew of extremists..
    Knowledge that he is a proven liar is not the preserve of extremists. His lies are and have been well documented in the mainstream press.
    It's actually the original French billion, which is bi-million, which is a million to the power of 2. We adopted the word, and then they changed it, presumably as revenge for Crecy and Agincourt, and then the treasonous Americans adopted the new French usage and spread it all over the world. And now we have to use it.

"In a field where an overlooked bug could cost millions, you want people who will speak their minds, even if they’re sometimes obnoxious about it."

First by-election with Boris sees the incumbent Tory replaced after a Lib Dem victory.

This leaves Boris with a majority of just one in parliament.

Effective majority 3, possibly 5.

Elphicke who has been suspended by the Tories pending allegations being investigate is being counted in the opposition, but he would vote with the Tories not Corbyn. An independent unionist Lady Sylvia Hermon is also being counted with the opposition but she typically votes with the Tories too.

You don't care to list rebels on your side I can't help but notice.
    Congratulations America

An independent unionist Lady Sylvia Hermon is also being counted with the opposition but she typically votes with the Tories too.
    Hermon Wiki:

Hermon campaigned for the United Kingdom to remain in the European Union during the 2016 referendum on Brexit. As Sinn Féin, who also supported a Remain vote, abstain from their seats in the House of Commons, and the DUP supported a Leave vote, Hermon is the only MP representing Northern Ireland who sits in the House of Commons who supported Remain. Hermon described the potential for a "no deal" Brexit as a "threat to UK stability", saying that such a circumstance could lead to a hard border, which could then, combined with changing demographics in Northern Ireland, lead to a border poll on united Ireland, which could lead to Northern Ireland re-unifying with the Republic of Ireland.[19]

Hermon voted in favour of the Withdrawal Agreement in the meaningful vote on 15 January 2019 which was defeated by 432 votes to 202.[20] She voted against the motion of no confidence in the government of Theresa May called by Jeremy Corbyn the following day.[21] During the phase of indicative votes in Parliament, Hermon voted in favour of a second referendum, as well as the option of revoking Article 50 to avoid a no-deal Brexit.

Quote Originally Posted by Hazir View Post
    You don't care to list rebels on your side I can't help but notice.
    Because they're well known. The majority is officially 1, effectively 3 and potentially 5. Which means 1 defection nominally eliminates the majority, 2 effectively does and 3 definitively does.

I could name at least 3 defections that are quite possible, in order of likelihood: Lee, Bebb and Grieves.

Aimless what you quoted doesn't take away from what I wrote. She voted to give May Confidence but I didn't class her on our side because of everything else. She is very independent of mind and will make her own mind up, she voted to give the Tories confidence last time but its far from certain that she will give Boris confidence, hence why I said "possibly 5" rather than classing her as "effectively 5".

Also worth noting that last time 3 MPs who were elected as Labour but have subsequently defected from Labour to sit as independents abstained. If the VONC then that effectively terminates their career since the seats will likely be regained by Labour. 2 of those 3 I believe are Brexiteers. So if they abstain again next time the effective majority is 6, possibly 8.