Page 2 of 16 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: In case you weren't convinced the Atari CC was over ...

Default Re: In case you weren't convinced the Atari CC was over ...

Quote Originally Posted by T2035
    On that note, I am not going to disappoint you dear Nessus.
    But you did disappoint me. By doing the very thing I was hoping you would not do. Can you read? (Obviously not)
    In the future, the Berlin wall will be a mile high, and made of steel. You too will be made to crawl, to lick children's blood from jackboots. There will be no creativity, only productivity. Instead of love there will be fear and distrust, instead of surrender there will be submission. Contact will be replaced with isolation, and joy with shame. Hope will cease to exist as a concept. The Earth will be covered with steel and concrete. There will be an electronic policeman in every head. Your children will be born in chains, live only to serve, and die in anguish and ignorance.
    The universe we observe has precisely the properties we should expect if there is, at bottom, no design, no purpose, no evil, no good, nothing but blind, pitiless indifference.

I don't think anyone decided not to let Timothy here. Personally, I'm not a fan of banning someone from TWF just because people here have a grudge from the Atari CC.

I think we all probably agree that people should be judged on their posts here, not somewhere else.

Quote Originally Posted by littlelolligagged
    But you did register here, you worthless piece of shit. To make more of your pathetic excuses for being your new ****-buddy's bitch. Even the people who once defended you have no respect at all for you anymore (except for possibly Ogre, but he has this really irritating habit of trying to see the good in everyone). You should really have a hell of a lot more respect for yourself than you do, and grow some **** balls already.
    I respect a lot of people, however my respect for Timmy has dwindled to next to nothing. However, the fact that he's willing to post here -- in the midst of the fire -- does show he has some cojones. It would show more if he decided to post again.

And just for curiosities sake, Lolli, if Timmy said, "I screwed up, Phoxe is a jerk and I was an ass for doing what he asked of me, I'm sorry". Would you forgive him? It would take some time to right the wrong, but I would definitely consider it.

Quote Originally Posted by Dreadnaught
    I don't think anyone decided not to let Timothy here. Personally, I'm not a fan of banning someone from TWF just because people here have a grudge from the Atari CC.

I think we all probably agree that people should be judged on their posts here, not somewhere else.
    That goes for everyone but Suicide right? And what happens if Phoxe registers here? Actually, I would love for Phoxe to register here. (hit, suicide has already registered here, we need the Dreadnaught ban hat!!!!)
    Quote Originally Posted by Aimless View Post
    It's not okay to shoot an innocent bank clerk but shooting a felon to death is commendable and do you should receive a reward rather than a punishment

So were all of Timothy's posts on Atari a sham, or are you of the mind we can edumacate him away from his retardo-evangelical ways?

And it wasn't about "letting" him in here, I was foolish enough to think that he'd see that the adults had moved on to have their sordid business elsewhere, and he could troll for gay company with the teens left on Atari. I mean this would've been the sensible course for him. But noooo, he had to come checking up on what was being said.

If he wants to keep on posting, why not? But I (and I assume several others) will keep mocking him mercilessly for his stupidity, his beliefs and his emotional development problems. I'm not holding my breath on his posts here somehow changing our view of him.
    In the future, the Berlin wall will be a mile high, and made of steel. You too will be made to crawl, to lick children's blood from jackboots. There will be no creativity, only productivity. Instead of love there will be fear and distrust, instead of surrender there will be submission. Contact will be replaced with isolation, and joy with shame. Hope will cease to exist as a concept. The Earth will be covered with steel and concrete. There will be an electronic policeman in every head. Your children will be born in chains, live only to serve, and die in anguish and ignorance.
    The universe we observe has precisely the properties we should expect if there is, at bottom, no design, no purpose, no evil, no good, nothing but blind, pitiless indifference.

Quote Originally Posted by Nessus
    So were all of Timothy's posts on Atari a sham, or are you of the mind we can edumacate him away from his retardo-evangelical ways?

And it wasn't about "letting" him in here, I was foolish enough to think that he'd see that the adults had moved on to have their sordid business elsewhere, and he could troll for gay company with the teens left on Atari. I mean this would've been the sensible course for him. But noooo, he had to come checking up on what was being said.

If he wants to keep on posting, why not? But I (and I assume several others) will keep mocking him mercilessly for his stupidity, his beliefs and his emotional development problems. I'm not holding my breath on his posts here somehow changing our view of him.

I mean no disrepect here Ness, but he could have seen what was being said here without logging on. He logged on, for what I think are either one of 2 reasons.

1) He really did feel bad about what he was doing, and this was his way of saying so, without really saying so.
    2) He likes attention, he's an attention whore, and this was his way of saying so, without really saying so.

I'm leaning towards 2, but number 1 could still be it too (although, if you read my goodbye letter, reason number 2 seems to fit the bill of his actions lately)
    It's not okay to shoot an innocent bank clerk but shooting a felon to death is commendable and do you should receive a reward rather than a punishment

No indeed, no one is asking you to change your views on him.

No indeed, no one is asking you to change your views on him.
    Then I don't see what the point was in asking that people be judged on their posts here and not elsewhere. We all know one another's posting by now, we've had several years at it. No one's going to re-invent themselves at this transition and be taken seriously.

So you're saying I can't convince people I'm sweet and innocent?
    We're stuck in a bloody snowglobe.

So you're saying I can't convince people I'm sweet and innocent?
    You probably couldn't, but the fair and balanced moderation at A][ari did the job for you, princess

Lolli isn't innocent, but she's a good person. I don't know if I would classify that as sweet, but I would classify that as nice. Some of the sweet people are the worst people in the world.

Quote Originally Posted by Nessus

You probably couldn't, but the fair and balanced moderation at A][ari did the job for you, princess
    Well after all, you were clinical. I'm merely suggestive.

I will get mine, though.

Knowing my luck that rat-bastard will give me my points for something entirely different.

Well after all, you were clinical. I'm merely suggestive.

I will get mine, though.

Knowing my luck that rat-bastard will give me my points for something entirely different.
    Rat bastards will do that to you

If he does I'll just have to beg someone else to do me right.

Quote Originally Posted by T2035
    On that note, I am not going to disappoint you dear Nessus.

Though I just wanted to clear this up in this 1 post here that I will be making.

Gogo, when I informed you I had no knowledge of that thread, from all pretense and recalling, I was being truthful. I have no fond memories of any such thread, nor do I recollect any particulars of it, and most likely if anyone brings it up, it will be something I am not familiar with. If you said you saw where I posted in it, does it mean I posted in it in depth as an active poster reading all the fine details or what is your basis (just rhethorical). I answered from my recollection stand point. I had no firm recollection of that thread, or any of its posts. Like I told you, when I was a member, I had time to hang around and post sometimes in the main CC. When I became a moderator, that changed, and my priorities also changed.
    Nice summary why you are unfit to moderate the CC as it was. Don't worry, the CC that will emerge will be exactly up your alley.

Chockful o' impressionable kiddies who you can proselytise to and dazzle with your ambiguity when you crap out that spiritual nonsense.
    I could have had class. I could have been a contender.
    I could have been somebody. Instead of a bum
    Which is what I am

I aim at the stars
    But sometimes I hit London

I'm not going to create a big stink about this, so this (hopefully) will be my last post on the issue.

Nonetheless I thoroughly disagree with you; Timmie didn't just post opinions in the CC that make him unfit to be a member here, he made himself instrumental in destroying the CC. There are several ways a user-mod could have acted in that forum and Timmie decided to become one of the destroyers.

We were damn lucky that some months ago there were some ideas about this log and that this place was more or less ready to recieve us when things got really bad. Had that not been the case the WAY in which CC was shut down would have ended this community for good.

I have no problems (any longer) with the desire of Atari to make their forums a silly board for kiddies obsessing with their games. After 9 years of us being there in that forum they could at least have given us an eviction notice and time to find an alternative. Because, let's not forget that, they could not know we'd whip out an entirely new board in a matter of days.

However, Atari management in this whole episode was ill-informed and therefore can be shown some leniency, to an extent that even applies to Phoxe. An honest apology from this side I could accept. Timmie on the other hand, knowing full well what he did, joined the new regime with gusto and set about to destroy the community that had considered him a part.

Also, Ogre, it doesn't take cojones to post here after all that happened, all it takes is a PC and internet connection. Something even moral cowards like Timmie can get access to.
    Congratulations America

Quote Originally Posted by Hazir
    Nonetheless I thoroughly disagree with you; Timmie didn't just post opinions in the CC that make him unfit to be a member here, he made himself instrumental in destroying the CC.
    So?

I'd far rather Timmybaps came here and posted his opinion. It allows us futher opportunity to discuss his childish, petty ways and how much of a festering scrotum we think he is.

Much better to shout someone down for their idiocy than to lock them away.

Not in favour of banning anyone for their opinions in an open community such as this. Not ever.
    Quote Originally Posted by Steely Glint View Post
    It's actually the original French billion, which is bi-million, which is a million to the power of 2. We adopted the word, and then they changed it, presumably as revenge for Crecy and Agincourt, and then the treasonous Americans adopted the new French usage and spread it all over the world. And now we have to use it.

And that's Why I'm Voting Leave.

Quote Originally Posted by Timbuk2
    So?

I'd far rather Timmybaps came here and posted his opinion. It allows us futher opportunity to discuss his childish, petty ways and how much of a festering scrotum we think he is.

Much better to shout someone down for their idiocy than to lock them away.

Not in favour of banning anyone for their opinions in an open community such as this. Not ever.
    In case you didn't understand me; I am not talking about his opinions. I am talking about his actions.
    Congratulations America

Well in regard to that, he has no ability to conduct any action here. He has no mod abilities. He is impotent.

~

We decry the actions he carried out in CC, but it is hypocrisy to then carry out those same actions here. We're (supposed to be) the adults here.

Let him whimper his opinions.
    It's actually the original French billion, which is bi-million, which is a million to the power of 2. We adopted the word, and then they changed it, presumably as revenge for Crecy and Agincourt, and then the treasonous Americans adopted the new French usage and spread it all over the world. And now we have to use it.

As a sig once said: "He's hit rock bottom, let him dig for a while"
    Which is what I am

I aim at the stars

Quote Originally Posted by Ziggy Stardust
    As a sig once said: "He's hit rock bottom, let him dig for a while"
    Anyway, like I said in the first post on Timmy, I don't think it's worth too much of a debate. I expressed my opinion, and that's about it. I don't feel it's very constructive to continue the debate on this topic, because chances are we'll just dig in and Timmy is really not worth my time and energy.
    Congratulations America

like I said in the first post on Timmy, I don't think it's worth too much of a debate.
    Agreed.

I agree as well that it wasn't worth a debate.

The fact one broke out is just a bonus.
    Which is what I am

I aim at the stars

I disagree.

You would.
    Which is what I am

I aim at the stars

This was a long time in coming. Dates back to WPH and Baker as admin, and Atari's identity crisis. It was clear which mods like Timmy took certain positions on the forums purposes and their future.

Well they can have their damn drama, their moderator power struggles, and their family friendly kindergarten. :lol:

We owe Dread and Rand our gratitude and respect for keeping ACC alive as long as they did. Also folks like BTA/BattleApple and Ciel who were atari employees that understood what Community meant.

Timmy can come here with all his arrogance if he wants, I'm not sure if I'll just ignore him or call him on the carpet for throwing Rand (and everyone else) under the bus.

Anyway, like I said in the first post on Timmy, I don't think it's worth too much of a debate. I expressed my opinion, and that's about it. I don't feel it's very constructive to continue the debate on this topic, because chances are we'll just dig in and Timmy is really not worth my time and energy.
    The entire 'Atari CC & Phoxe' issue isn't worth the time nor energy anymore. Like i said in another thread, look at what a thriving community on Atari has turned into, nothing. The first page alone speaks volumes.

The future is bright, the future is TWF.

Preach it sistah!
    Which is what I am

I aim at the stars

We are apparently allowed to discuss the following in ACC:

Banking
    Money
    Budgeting
    Discussion of gaming
    Discussion of scientific finds/achievements
    Medical related topics
    Things about law may be discussed, but I feel it needs to proceed along without a lot of political or religious involvement
    Forum games
    EDIT: Movies can be discussed along with pet topics or topics on animals/animal care

Phoxe's rules state:

"It's our goal here to provide a safe, fun, family friendly environment to discuss Atari's Extensive Video Game library. Discussions of a more adult nature should be taken elsewhere"

Wouldn't finances (as a whole) be classed as 'adult natured' topics in the grand scheme of things?

And remember, linking to or quoting articles is not allowed, either.

But since medical discussion is allowed, I think there needs to be a discussion of abortion.