Page 16 of 16 FirstFirst ... 6141516

Thread: In case you weren't convinced the Atari CC was over ...

Quote Originally Posted by ar81 View Post
    I will miss the Atari URL.
    Even if we have all AtariCC oldtimers, things will not be the same without the old URL...
    FUCK Atari and their shitty forum. FUCK THEM. Ok? I said it. There. Its over now. Lets forget it. Forever.
    The Rules
    Copper- behave toward others to elicit treatment you would like (the manipulative rule)
    Gold- treat others how you would like them to treat you (the self regard rule)
    Platinum - treat others the way they would like to be treated (the PC rule)

Quote Originally Posted by EyeKhan View Post
    FUCK Atari and their shitty forum. FUCK THEM. Ok? I said it. There. Its over now. Lets forget it. Forever.
    I'd question your definition of "Atari".

Timmy is not Atari, and still he used AtariCC for his own amusement and to satisfy egomaniac fascist dictatorial totalitarian desire for power. He seems to have done some boot-licking for I have seen moderators elsewhere being kicked for far less than what he has done. So it means there is someone there keeping him.

Who is wrong? I'd say that if Atari wants customers, Timmy should go. If they want profit, they should find a way to make us come back. After all it is not that we are just spammers, but we have valuable know-how and experiences with their games, so we would be their best tech support with a $0 budget.

I believe it can't be forgotten, in the sense that this is where we met. So it is like having a nice park where we met turned into a waste dump. Even if it is a waste dump, it will mean for us the emotional memory of a nice past.

But just as it is not nice to meet at a waste dump, we may not like to come back, just remember old times.

Quote Originally Posted by ar81 View Post
    I'd question your definition of "Atari".

Timmy is not Atari, and still he used AtariCC for his own amusement and to satisfy egomaniac fascist dictatorial totalitarian desire for power. He seems to have done some boot-licking for I have seen moderators elsewhere being kicked for far less than what he has done. So it means there is someone there keeping him.

Who is wrong? I'd say that if Atari wants customers, Timmy should go. If they want profit, they should find a way to make us come back. After all it is not that we are just spammers, but we have valuable know-how and experiences with their games, so we would be their best tech support with a $0 budget.

I believe it can't be forgotten, in the sense that this is where we met. So it is like having a nice park where we met turned into a waste dump. Even if it is a waste dump, it will mean for us the emotional memory of a nice past.

But just as it is not nice to meet at a waste dump, we may not like to come back, just remember old times.
    I don't personally have a problem with Timmy as I never got involved in the forum's death throes, but if it makes you feel any better, FUCK timmy too. Better?
    The Rules
    Copper- behave toward others to elicit treatment you would like (the manipulative rule)
    Gold- treat others how you would like them to treat you (the self regard rule)
    Platinum - treat others the way they would like to be treated (the PC rule)

Did they delete all the posts?
    Not yet. The forum is still there, but not listed on the front page. As I never use the front page or notice announcements, I didn't realise it had been closed. It seemed a little quieter than usual.
    There's a man goin' 'round, takin' names
    And he decides who to free and who to blame

I don't personally have a problem with Timmy as I never got involved in the forum's death throes, but if it makes you feel any better, FUCK timmy too. Better?
    That's the spirit!!!!

Did they delete all the posts?
    No, they did not, actually it is hidden and archived, the URL:

http://www.ataricommunity.com/forums...play.php?f=188

Quote Originally Posted by Timbuk2 View Post
    Why?

What do you care what we do at Atari?

Not that I have ever been one for causing disruption, but you saying this has me utterly puzzled.
    Burning bridges is never a good idea.

Towards the end, Implausible has been very reasonable and responding to posts. I am hoping that we can ensure going forward that old CCers who return can be redirected by those who remain at Atari to us, so we don't lose people who happened to just be away when this happened. Burning our bridges now would make that impossible.

Quote Originally Posted by Hazir View Post
    I wonder if it had anything to do with Timmeh's lousy moderating skills.
    I'm certain it did, either because his lousy moderating made things worse, or because his lousy moderating meant he couldn't keep a suddenly hostile set of posters in check.
    Last night as I lay in bed, looking up at the stars, I thought, “Where the hell is my ceiling?"

Quote Originally Posted by RandBlade View Post

Towards the end, Implausible has been very reasonable and responding to posts. I am hoping that we can ensure going forward that old CCers who return can be redirected by those who remain at Atari to us, so we don't lose people who happened to just be away when this happened.
    here's to hoping. phoxe flat out refused when i asked him right when he first showed up
    "One day, we shall die. All the other days, we shall live."

Quote Originally Posted by RandBlade View Post

Towards the end, Implausible has been very reasonable and responding to posts. I am hoping that we can ensure going forward that old CCers who return can be redirected by those who remain at Atari to us, so we don't lose people who happened to just be away when this happened. Burning our bridges now would make that impossible.
    The only bridge I want burned is Timmy having his moderation privilege removed.
    After all Timmy was the one who caused all this mess. Atari is just a big company with employees who probably did not know how Timmy used company assets for his personal amusement.

Imagine this: More than 150 people running out of a forum in a few weeks, after at least 10 years of working fine. That's Timmy's achievement. Not Atari's.

If that does not happen and Timmy remains there as moderator and opens his big mouth (or big keyboard) Atari would become a bridge that would be burned by Timmy alone. So by not wanting Timmy we are INDEED protecting Atari from his evil influence. People are consistent, so at some point Timmy will restart his annoyance and the ones who may suffer will be at Atari, not us.

I do not have anything against Atari. Indeed I appreciate its existence. Thanks to the company we met.

Removing Timmy's privileges is what Atari might need so Timmy does not burn the bridge between Atari and this community.
    But since I am sure we all understand Timmy's role, Atari should not be blamed by us.

Let's not blame Atari for what Timmy did.
    Atari is where we met, and I truly believe the future will show a better outlook of the situation between this community and Atari.
    Timmy, the one who destroyed the good relations, may seem doomed to find his way elsewhere in the future.
    And it will happen sooner or later. Timmy is a systemic failure in customer relations by design. It is just a matter of time before Timmy triggers himself.

Quote Originally Posted by Aimless View Post
    here's to hoping. phoxe flat out refused when i asked him right when he first showed up
    Phoxe is not from Atari as far as I know.
    If I understand correctly, he belongs to a developer company that is publishing a game with Atari.

Quote Originally Posted by LittleFuzzy View Post
    I'm certain it did, either because his lousy moderating made things worse, or because his lousy moderating meant he couldn't keep a suddenly hostile set of posters in check.
    Moderation requires leadership. Authority and leadership are different things.
    An authority without leadership has lost legitimacy.
    Leadership helps to keep people in check.
    Obviously Timmy's leadership was lousy.

Timmy or even Phoxe should not even look for a job as supervisor.
    When you are supervisor, your performance depend upon other people, instead of depending upon you.
    If your people is not aligned by leadership, they will not outperform.
    Fear may work in the very short term, but it also will cause secondary long term problems that makes fear undesirable for a company.
    People treat customers as people are treated by their bosses.

Lack of leadership leads to poor performance of a team in the long term.
    History of war has demonstrated that leadership leads to high performance.
    US war simulation expert James Dunningan said that 30 years ago.
    Last edited by ar81; 02-27-2010 at 03:29 PM.