Page 15 of 16 FirstFirst ... 513141516 LastLast

Thread: In case you weren't convinced the Atari CC was over ...

Quote Originally Posted by Lor View Post
    Tim is and i quote - "... the kind of guy that would fuck a person in the ass and not even have the goddamn common courtesy to give him a reach-around."
    Who are you quoting? I bet he'd give a reach around.
    The Rules
    Copper- behave toward others to elicit treatment you would like (the manipulative rule)
    Gold- treat others how you would like them to treat you (the self regard rule)
    Platinum - treat others the way they would like to be treated (the PC rule)

Quote Originally Posted by Ominous Gamer View Post
    I tried posting in one of Tom's threads about the new admin but timmeh deleted it and locked the thread.
    So I asked in my own thread.

http://www.ataricommunity.com/forums...d.php?t=699453
    I have been reporting posts by Timmy which are just spam and thread derailment, because they are not on topic.
    You may help doing the same too. I have mentioned in the report how Timmy's rules are inconsistent and how he issues infractions based on his emotions, and I have suggested demodding him.

As I said, there are plenty of options in my menu to restore AtariCC and bring this to a happy end (for the community). If it does not work, we won't lose, clearly.

I am very persistent.

^ Quote is from the drill instructor in Full Metal Jacket.

EDIT @Eyekhan

Quote Originally Posted by ar81 View Post
    As I said, there are plenty of options in my menu to restore AtariCC and bring this to a happy end (for the community).
    I think we have our happy ending already, though.

And we didn't even get charged extra for it. This is a high-class establishment.
    We're stuck in a bloody snowglobe.

Quote Originally Posted by littlelolligagged View Post

And we didn't even get charged extra for it. This is a high-class establishment.
    Despite my best efforts
    In the future, the Berlin wall will be a mile high, and made of steel. You too will be made to crawl, to lick children's blood from jackboots. There will be no creativity, only productivity. Instead of love there will be fear and distrust, instead of surrender there will be submission. Contact will be replaced with isolation, and joy with shame. Hope will cease to exist as a concept. The Earth will be covered with steel and concrete. There will be an electronic policeman in every head. Your children will be born in chains, live only to serve, and die in anguish and ignorance.
    The universe we observe has precisely the properties we should expect if there is, at bottom, no design, no purpose, no evil, no good, nothing but blind, pitiless indifference.

Quote Originally Posted by Crowheart View Post
    ^ Quote is from the drill instructor in Full Metal Jacket.

EDIT @Eyekhan
    I should have known that.

Quote Originally Posted by littlelolligagged View Post

Give it time.

Quote Originally Posted by Nessus View Post
    Despite my best efforts
    Time is on your side.
    The Rules
    Copper- behave toward others to elicit treatment you would like (the manipulative rule)

Timmy have had his first post in which he is not complaining about us.
    Does it mean the Admin compelled him to behave?
    I might encourage you to report all Timmy's posts that are derailing the topic, where arbitrary issuance of infractions become evident.

Quote Originally Posted by EyeKhan View Post
    I should have known that.
    Indeed, but we all forget things.

It seems some progress is taking place at AtariCC.
    My infraction was reversed, but it still appears in my profile as "reversed" instead of being gone.
    I could say I am severely unhappy with Timmy's role as moderator.
    He did not earn the respect of an entire comunity.

Even if AtariCC goes back to normal, I think I will stick to this forum for politics and religion and anything that parents may not like for their children. So no worries, I will be annoying you for a while...

Quote Originally Posted by Implausible
    First and for most this community is a place for people who have Atari close to their hearts involved with others that have the same mind set. The aim and goal of the community is to have a safe friendly environment for these discussions to exist. We want to have an environment that families can go to for answers on issues, and discussions about the Atari games. If off topic discussions are created that are deemed inappropriate then proper actions will be taken accordingly and that goes for all users (MODS, ADMINS, and Standard users). If you feel this is not the direction you would like the community to progress to then feel free to PM me and this can be discussed further.

Implausible
    Atari Inc. Staff
    I now expect the record of the infraction to be deleted, or I myself will go to negotiate with the proper levels of the company to see my profile cleaned. If Atari care about customers with a clean record, they will listen.

If not cleaned, I will have to decide the proper actions to be taken. I would have to mention how the company treats customers with a clean record, who gets dirty spots because an employee allows the actions of a non employee that affects customers records. It can be escalated to the proper levels.
    Last edited by ar81; 02-19-2010 at 07:51 PM.

At this point, I'm not sure I'd go back whatever they do. This forum is better than the old ACC.
    When the sky above us fell
    We descended into hell
    Into kingdom come

It seems some progress is taking place at AtariCC.
    My infraction was reversed, but it still appears in my profile as "reversed" instead of being gone.
    I could say I am severely unhappy with Timmy's role as moderator.
    He did not earn the respect of an entire comunity.

Even if AtariCC goes back to normal, I think I will stick to this forum for politics and religion and anything that parents may not like for their children. So no worries, I will be annoying you for a while...
    I sincerely hope they don't change the rules over there. I don't have any desire to go back. This place is wonderful. I love it. If ataricc recovers some of its former grace, that will be bad for everyone.
    The Rules

I am very unsatisfied with the accions of Timmy.
    Timmy was representing the company, even as non employee, so I held Atari as responsible.
    My profile represents the way Atari has treated me.
    Adding a black spot without a significant fault, after contributing for FREE by making a website, is not somethin I deserve.
    If Timmy does not get to clean my profile from records of infraction, I will have to go to Atari and do it myself. And it means escalating those responsible for it. The company should not allow customers to be mistreated.

You can delegate power, but not responsibility.
    The company can't delegate responsibility for customer mistreatment at an Atari official site.
    It all depends on what side the company may want to see.
    I am a tough customer, but also a loyal one.
    If they get to solve the problem, I will forget it and be back like I was before the infraction.
    If not solved, I will get it solved. I am very persistent, so it means someone will have to care about my problem sooner or later.

I now expect the record of the infraction to be deleted, or I myself will go to negotiate with the proper levels of the company to see my profile cleaned. If Atari care about customers with a clean record, they will listen.
    AR, I truely believe you to be an idiot, or at least handicapped in some major way. I hate you as much as a poster who is tired of trying to understand what the fuck point you're making can hate someone. I should be ignoring you, and I don't know why I haven't yet.

With that said, the record of infractions doesn't go away. I've got 5 pages of infractions over there, many of them overturned Skipper attacks. They are still listed, and they will remain listed.

OG, you obviously haven't "negotiated with the proper levels of the company". Make an apointment with the atari B.O.D. and work out feasible resolution to this injustice. It all makes perfect sense, if you don't really think about it.
    The worst job in the world is better than being broke and homeless

AR, I truely believe you to be an idiot, or at least handicapped in some major way. I hate you as much as a poster who is tired of trying to understand what the fuck point you're making can hate someone. I should be ignoring you, and I don't know why I haven't yet.
    This time is complaint management time for them.

It is good that you don't manage anything in an official Atari site.
    You shouldn't deal with customers.
    If you were at the complaints department competition would have a loyal customer.

I am very upset because of the way I was treated.
    And I expect things to be properly managed.
    Last edited by ar81; 02-19-2010 at 08:58 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Baxter View Post
    Timmy I bet your mom and dad are brother and sister...

Quote Originally Posted by Baxter View Post
    I thought I was the only foul degenerate here...
    YAY! Baxter finally got here!

First and for most this community is a place for people who have Atari close to their hearts involved with others that have the same mind set. The aim and goal of the community is to have a safe friendly environment for these discussions to exist. We want to have an environment that families can go to for answers on issues, and discussions about the Atari games. If off topic discussions are created that are deemed inappropriate then proper actions will be taken accordingly and that goes for all users (MODS, ADMINS, and Standard users). If you feel this is not the direction you would like the community to progress to then feel free to PM me and this can be discussed further.

Implausible
    Atari Inc. Staff
    If this wasn't the biggest waste of horseshit I have ever seen! FFS, I joined the forums to have some fun, not to be treated like I was in the 3rd grade!

Quote Originally Posted by Steely Glint View Post
    At this point, I'm not sure I'd go back whatever they do. This forum is better than the old ACC.
    Here, here! *Raises glass in toast!*
    I don't have a problem with authority....I just don't like being told what to do!Remember, the toes you step on today may be attached to the ass you have to kiss tomorrow!RIP Fluffy! 01-07-09 I'm so sorry Fluffster! People who don't like cats were probably mice in an earlier life! My mind not only wanders, sometimes it leaves completely!The nice part about living in a small town: When you don't know what you're doing, someone else always does!
    Atari bullshit refugee!!

With that said, the record of infractions doesn't go away. I've got 5 pages of infractions over there, many of them overturned Skipper attacks. They are still listed, and they will remain listed.
    Actually, not always, necessarily. Mine (which got reverted by Dreadnaught very quickly) is not visible there--at least not under the public area under the username where the post count is shown. So, get ALL your facts before bashing someone like that... usually, you can't really get all your facts ever; I don't bash people like you because I know I might be wrong...

I am starting to have doubts about having achieved a solution at Atari CC...

Babe..*scratch*...Hunks Thread - Teh Timmy Edition thread is far from borderline. Would you invite kids and parents to read this thread? Tim tried to hide the nature of this thread as he said:
    Quote Originally Posted by Timothy2034
    but it's not closed yet. I am also trying to help you guys keep it clean so it doesn't draw negative attention.
    Instead he issued infractions and closed threads for smaller things at Atari CC. Instead he let this thread to go on and on. DISCRIMINATION?
    Implausible posted there and nothing happened. Thread is still open.

In Are You A Fan of Comics Adapted Films? thread, Tim said:
    Quote Originally Posted by Timothy2034
    I answered already, just said it in a nice, clean way. Where I said "due to the indication that Ultraman was "having an affair" with an Earth woman. Thus the "3" minutes indication in the post/picture as well." Meaning a sexual encounter that was implied, and that due to his "timer", he was only able to do so for 3 minutes.
    It refers to having an affair with a woman and sexual encounter. EXPLICIT SEXUAL CONTENT.
    Would you invite parents and kids to visit this thread?

A moderator like Timothy2034 should not be considered as competent for moderation and therefore he should have his moderation privileges removed.

If I do not se Tim's moderation privileges removed, I think I may need to escalate Tim's case above Implausible level in the company.
    I would only stop until Tim's privileges are removed.
    Instead, if Tim is not moderator anymore, Atari can see me like a friendly person.

As I said. I am very persistent.
    This is not a good way to treat a customer base in a time of recession.
    Last edited by ar81; 02-20-2010 at 01:41 PM.

They have now removed the old Community Chat area from the Atari Forums. It's sad, but for the best I think.

Indeed.

Could I please ask everyone to obey the new Atari rules and definitely not troll any of the other forums.

I wonder if it had anything to do with Timmeh's lousy moderating skills.
    Congratulations America

Wow, I thought they wouldn't listen to people asking for it to be closed. Covering their ass as usual though...

Instead of saying "we've removed Community Chat because we made asinine rules that forced any new post there to be either against the rules or in the wrong forum", they said:

"As of late the community chat has been a forum full of controversy and repeated violations of the forums terms of use. This decision was not made to punish any individuals or groups for past or current actions, but was more focused on the growing concerns regarding the more mature nature of some of the posts made within this community. "

LMAO.

Man, they are so sad.

Quote Originally Posted by Hazir View Post
    That's an understatement of the century.
    Hope is the denial of reality

Quote Originally Posted by RandBlade View Post
    Indeed.

Could I please ask everyone to obey the new Atari rules and definitely not troll any of the other forums.
    Count on me. Atari is THEIR forum. Why going there? Timmy is still a moderator, and he did not earn my respect as he was not respectful towards an entire community. I am not for wasting my life dealing with Timmy. It is clear to me that someone at Atari likes his jerkish "Timmyisms" and mediocrity. Who cares. If Timmy sinks Atari some day, it is THEIR money.

Closing AtariCC was to put an end to the forum misery (which is good) and a way to hide Timmy's incompetence (which is bad) as a moderator. I am just waiting for the day when Timmy makes a mistake by bullying the wrong person... I'll be here with my pop corn, waiting. Timmy, I am watching you!! Some day you are going to make a mistake!! Remember I am persistent.

As far as it is with Implausible and Atari, I think the chapter is closed in a satisfactory way.

Quote Originally Posted by Hazir View Post
    Imagine a forum filled with pages and pages of closed threads, and every open thread ends up becoming a compliant thread... Obviously it has to do with the lamer.

The only thing I regret is not seeing Timmy's moderator privileges gone. But think of it... Atari is not paying him, so he is allowed to stay there and forced to serve for free. As I see it Timmy stays because they have no budget to hire a competent moderator.

Poor moderation by Timmy may easily turn into something like this in the future (remember you will have kids there):

BBC: Cyber bullying case sentence due

Sentencing will take place this week in the first federal cyber bullying case in the US which was brought to trial after a teenage girl took her own life.
    Unlike us, kids do not fight back, they hurt themselves...
    At AtariCC I recall I saved a kid from suicide in the past. But I doubt Timmy could handle such a thing. It is too human for a heartless jerk like him.
    Last edited by ar81; 02-25-2010 at 11:49 PM.

I actually find the whole thing a little hilarious.

I said years ago the CC was overly hostile, and that there wasn't a point to a general CC and subforum CCs. I think everyone should have been dumped into the general CC (thus forcing more varied threads to push out all of Timmeh's locked threads). Instead now they are creating smaller CCs that won't survive past their respectful games (TDU, Silverfall, NWN2 are good examples of dust towns). However I don't think any of this would have come to pass if the CC was a little stricter before Phoexe showed up.

If only we had listened to Ominous Gamer

In the future, the Berlin wall will be a mile high, and made of steel. You too will be made to crawl, to lick children's blood from jackboots. There will be no creativity, only productivity. Instead of love there will be fear and distrust, instead of surrender there will be submission. Contact will be replaced with isolation, and joy with shame. Hope will cease to exist as a concept. The Earth will be covered with steel and concrete. There will be an electronic policeman in every head. Your children will be born in chains, live only to serve, and die in anguish and ignorance.
    The universe we observe has precisely the properties we should expect if there is, at bottom, no design, no purpose, no evil, no good, nothing but blind, pitiless indifference.

How much I regret no longer being at the whims of admins hired by one of the most incompetent companies in the world. I also miss the 2-3 spam bot threads that we got every night.
    Hope is the denial of reality

Quote Originally Posted by wabigbear View Post
    They have now removed the old Community Chat area from the Atari Forums. It's sad, but for the best I think.
    Did they delete all the posts?

Indeed.

Sure. Ask away, but .... obsessions are hard to b
    The Rules

Why?

What do you care what we do at Atari?

Not that I have ever been one for causing disruption, but you saying this has me utterly puzzled.
    Quote Originally Posted by Steely Glint View Post
    It's actually the original French billion, which is bi-million, which is a million to the power of 2. We adopted the word, and then they changed it, presumably as revenge for Crecy and Agincourt, and then the treasonous Americans adopted the new French usage and spread it all over the world. And now we have to use it.

And that's Why I'm Voting Leave.

I will miss the Atari URL.
    Even if we have all AtariCC oldtimers, things will not be the same without the old URL...