Thread: If Poland can do it...

Default If Poland can do it...

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/world/a...r-u-s-n1040786

MAINZ, Germany — Washington could withdraw some troops from Germany unless Chancellor Angela Merkel's government answers repeated calls to boost its defense spending, the U.S. ambassador has warned.

“It is actually offensive to assume that the U.S. taxpayer must continue to pay to have 50,000-plus Americans in Germany, but the Germans get to spend their surplus on domestic programs,” Ambassador Richard Grenell told the German press agency dpa.

The embassy's official Twitter account Friday posted a similar statement.

The U.S. envoy to Poland, Georgette Mosbacher, on Thursday suggested relocating U.S. troops from Germany to Poland. Grenell told dpa that he agreed with her comments.

////

If we are going to have bases in Europe it makes sense to put them in countries that have honored their agreements to NATO.

But Trump doesn't believe NATO is a valuable international alliance.

Eh, so two US ambassadors are flapping their mouths about strategic choices they will not be involved in and that is considered news?

I agree that Germany is neglicient wrt to its NATO obligations, I doubt however that Germany is putting the money in domestic programs. Actually I think it's a serious problem Germany spends too little money on everything for much too long now.
    Congratulations America

Quote Originally Posted by GGT View Post
    But Trump doesn't believe NATO is a valuable international alliance.
    Aside from NATO it is ludicrous that Germany consistently invests so little in its defenses that it barely has functional armed forces.
    Congratulations America

Quote Originally Posted by Hazir View Post
    Aside from NATO it is ludicrous that Germany consistently invests so little in its defenses that it barely has functional armed forces.
    Germany is a freeloader.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ominous Gamer View Post
    ℬeing upset is understandable, but be upset at yourself for poor planning, not at the world by acting like a spoiled bitch during an interview.

Let sleeping tigers lie Khendraja'aro's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Hazir View Post
    Naw, that's not down to the amount of money. They actually have more money than they can spend. Seriously.
    When the stars threw down their spears
    And watered heaven with their tears:
    Did he smile his work to see?
    Did he who made the lamb make thee?

I guess Europe is already planning on making itself more independent.
    I guess this should actually include France and Germany since it needs to be.
    UK is going to have to spend some mayor cash to regain lost capacity/knowledge and by 2040 they might have done that.

Presidents like Trump has shown the world how unpredictable things can be in the U.S. so that will be the result. Hurray.