Thread: And now comes the assault...

Default And now comes the assault...

Back in 2017 our system was scouted by a fast-moving, camouflaged, relatively small alien space-craft, dubbed 'Oumuamua. On Aug 30, this year, a new, much larger interstellar object (C/2019 Q4 (Borisov)) was detected. The several mile diameter craft is approaching from opposite the sun (an obvious attempt to avoid discovery), is obscured by a layer of gas for camouflage, and is on a trajectory bringing it within 180 million miles of Earth, close enough to identify/verify major targets and bring advanced weapons to bear. It's closest approach will be December 29th, 2019, so you have maybe three and a half months to get your affairs in order.

https://www.nationalgeographic.com/s...-just-spotted/
    The Rules
    Copper- behave toward others to elicit treatment you would like (the manipulative rule)
    Gold- treat others how you would like them to treat you (the self regard rule)
    Platinum - treat others the way they would like to be treated (the PC rule)

Thank christ
    When the sky above us fell
    We descended into hell
    Into kingdom come

Is there anyway we can help them get here sooner?
    There's a man goin' 'round, takin' names
    And he decides who to free and who to blame

Quote Originally Posted by Unheard Of View Post
    Is there anyway we can help them get here sooner?
    Certainly not. We lack the capability to do much of anything in space. We can set off fusion bombs over all our cities, but we couldn't get one out of orbit to save our lives, without months and months of work at any rate.

Indeed, the invaders' abundance of caution suggests they don't know a hell of a lot about us. I mean, if they just waited a few decades, we would likely have neutralized ourselves, without any help from them.
    The Rules
    Copper- behave toward others to elicit treatment you would like (the manipulative rule)

Well, well, well. Trump's "Space Force" looks way less silly now.
    Carthāgō dēlenda est

Quote Originally Posted by Steely Glint View Post
    It's actually the original French billion, which is bi-million, which is a million to the power of 2. We adopted the word, and then they changed it, presumably as revenge for Crecy and Agincourt, and then the treasonous Americans adopted the new French usage and spread it all over the world. And now we have to use it.

And that's Why I'm Voting Leave.

So when my lease comes up for renewal in December, I should just ignore it? Good to know, thanks for the heads up.

Quote Originally Posted by GGT View Post
    So when my lease comes up for renewal in December, I should just ignore it? Good to know, thanks for the heads up.
    I suspect the attack will probably come before the 29th, depending on our mutual orbits and the nature of the weapons they bring to bear. I'd think spending all your savings on good times, doing all the things you always wanted to but were to risky to try, quality time with loved ones, etc are good starters. You could also fortify your dwelling and stockpile supplies and weapons, if that's how you want to go out, though I doubt anyone on the ground will ever get a chance to fire a shot in defense. In any case, assuming the eviction process takes at least a month, not only should you not renew the lease, you probably need not pay the rent from November on.
    The Rules

I bet they will notice.

I guess this would explain all surveillance objects.

Quote Originally Posted by EyeKhan View Post
    I suspect the attack will probably come before the 29th, depending on our mutual orbits and the nature of the weapons they bring to bear. I'd think spending all your savings on good times, doing all the things you always wanted to but were to risky to try, quality time with loved ones, etc are good starters. You could also fortify your dwelling and stockpile supplies and weapons, if that's how you want to go out, though I doubt anyone on the ground will ever get a chance to fire a shot in defense. In any case, assuming the eviction process takes at least a month, not only should you not renew the lease, you probably need not pay the rent from November on.
    Could probably skip paying the bill for internet and cable TV, too....and watch the End of the World for free. Sweet!