Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 9101112 LastLast

Thread: The cover-up is always dumber than the crime

Quote Originally Posted by LittleFuzzy View Post
    ...You just didn't get the results you were hoping for from it.
    Sure he did, Hillary was not elected.
    Faith is Hope (see Loki's sig for details)
    If hindsight is 20-20, why is it so often ignored?

Quote Originally Posted by Dreadnaught View Post
    You say "resorting" like I'm defending Trump. I'm saying this is highly evocative of the Hillary e-mail scandals, except it's actually being investigated as a crime. Even though there's arguably less intent...I mean we know Hillary set up her own e-mail server to avoid public scrutiny. It's not clear there's much of a rhyme or reason behind Trump hoarding some papers, but we'll find out.

Look at this hype over bullshit. The left and the media need Trump to hyperventilate over this kind of BS. We have bigger problems. The environment. The pandemic. Ukraine and energy policy. Housing affordability. Normal people are exhausted by fights over documents.
    The threat to your democracy that Trump and his lawless enablers represent is the biggest most pressing problem you have. You downplayed the threat when Loki described it in clear terms before Trump was elected, and you've just been digging in since then in this increasingly cringeworthy pursuit of vindication. Normal people are exhausted by many things, but they elect—and pay for—political representatives and civil servants to do strategic work on many complex and trying issues on their behalf. The mission to bring Trump to justice is not limited by the public's mental endurance.
    "One day, we shall die. All the other days, we shall live."

Would you guys please define what you mean by normal? Not everyone agrees on what normal is. Do you mean people like you? If you do then you must consider the majority of the US population to be abnormal because they are not like you.

Quote Originally Posted by Being View Post
    I contend that cannot happen to any significant degree in our two party system. Time for plan B which should have been plan A all along. Change our political structure so as to minimize the ability of a single party being fully in control. The way it is now judges are allowed, encouraged actually, to lie in order to be confirmed to a lifetime position. Their lies hold no consequences. I believe that to be almost completely the fault of a two party system. Like I said, a wrestling match with a biased referee.
    I completely agree that there are significant structural problems, but why do you think the fascist wing of the Republican party has started calling for a constitutional convention? Do you think there's any world in which that does not make things far worse than they are, given how many states where they have a stranglehold on power? More than one thing can happen at a time, and I'll support any effort to end the two party system, but calling for an end to the pursuit of justice is tantamount to calling for surrender to the fascists.

We're as fucked as we are because people kept saying all the corruption wasn't a big deal, stop paying attention to all the crimes, the compromised national security, the perversions of justice, always look at this other thing instead. How much more fucked do we need to be? How much more corruption and subversion should we tolerate? Do you not see how fast we slid down that slippery slope, and you want us to just hang on and enjoy the plummet?

I bet there's all sorts of agencies who wish they were allowed to investigate that crime! It's too bad nobody in the Executive Branch has the executive privilege powers of a professional Putin bootlicker and Kim Jong-Un romancer.

You didn't mention MBS water carrier.

You know, I thought the whole nuclear secrets thing was overblown (not that it still isn't a crime), but if that's true, damn.
    Keep on keepin' the beat alive!

Quote Originally Posted by Trump
    So now the FBI & Biden Department of 'Justice' leakers are going to spend Millions of Dollars, & vast amounts of Time & Energy, to appeal the Order on the 'Raid of Mar-a-Lago Document Hoax,' by a brilliant and courageous Judge whose words of wisdom rang true throughout our Nation, instead of fighting the record setting corruption and crime that is taking place right before their very eyes
    Did he just demand the federal investigation be resumed?

Loving how Hardees keeps ragging on that crackhead mypillow guy for getting his phone seized in their drivethru.
    "In a field where an overlooked bug could cost millions, you want people who will speak their minds, even if they’re sometimes obnoxious about it."

sound on

Full text of appeals court ruling. tl;dr: Literally everything Cannon said or did was egregiously wrong, and the DoJ is getting everything they asked for.

Quote Originally Posted by Aimless View Post
    sound on

Wow. All you need to do to declassify something is "to think about. . (it)" So easy.

Follow-up question. Do pardons work the same way?
    Last night as I lay in bed, looking up at the stars, I thought, “Where the hell is my ceiling?"

Probably. The 2020 election also worked the same way.

Quote Originally Posted by LittleFuzzy View Post
    Wow. All you need to do to declassify something is "to think about. . (it)" So easy.

Follow-up question. Do pardons work the same way?
    delete this post before he finds it!!! jfc

Judge Dearie is only two days in and already sick of Trump's bullshit. The summary is, Trump has been ordered to provide a sworn affidavit under penalty of perjury listing all the evidence that he says was planted and everything he says the DoJ took but didn't document by September 30th, with no further claims being allowed after this. He must also provide a list of every instance of executive privilege he's claiming to hold over the executive branch, any executive privilege he's claiming would prevent anyone not in the executive branch to look at the documents, and everything he's claiming as a presidential record, and everything he claims is his. For every single document, by October 14th. Judge Dearie goes on to say he's hiring an assistant at $500/hr invoiced monthly starting October 1st, and if Trump doesn't pay within 7 days of each invoice, he'll be sanctioned.

The judge also undermined Cannon by granting the original judge who issued the warrant the decision about whether to return anything that was seized, and did a "and also you have to file it properly this time and make an actual argument for why."

While hidden behind the lawspeak, the whole thing is actually pretty brutal towards Trump, and contains a number of baited bear traps that makes it clear he thinks everything Trump's claiming is total bullshit. There's a fair amount of "put up or shut up" in there. I especially liked the obvious disdain he had for any claims of "Executive Privilege".

I'm still stuck on Dearie's filing. I think Judge Dearie just pulled a power move. The only way that Trump can comply with the Special Master's orders without incriminating himself is to take the fifth on the October 14th list. Anything Trump claims executive privilege over or is a presidential record constitutes a confession that he had something that he knew he shouldn't have, because it belonged to the executive not to him. If he doesn't claim anything in those categories, it constitutes a confession that his request for a special master was based on false premises and he lied in his court filings, so he's opened up to contempt charges, sanctions, and obstruction of justice charges. The only rational thing to do here would be to plead the fifth, but since this is not a criminal trial, adverse inferences may be made from pleading the fifth, and every decision can default to the DoJ, and it's an admission that there's a possible crime involved that the DoJ has not just the right, but the duty to be investigating. Orange Jesus painted himself into a corner, and now there is no way out of this that doesn't screw Trump and leave him legally exposed.

witch hunt!!

Quote Originally Posted by Wraith View Post
    ...Orange Jesus painted himself into a corner, and now there is no way out of this that doesn't screw Trump and leave him legally exposed.
    There are no corners in Trump's world. And now that Putin has access to the coordinates of all our land based nukes well...

The national archives also wanted the other 11,000 pages of government documents back too.
    I have to apologize for this; I'd heard it was 11,000 pages from a couple sources, and when I heard other sources say 11,000 documents, I thought they were using the words as synonyms, and assuming that each page was it's own full document. Because 11,000 pages is already a shit-ton of government documents to walk off with, right? But as Trump's hilariously incompetent legal team has now revealed, it's actually 11,000 documents totaling nearly 200,000 pages stolen by the treasonous orange moron. Also, his team of dumbasses complained about how their objections keep getting made public, according to the objection that was immediately made public.

All I'm saying is the writers clearly deserve a raise across the board for this season

Judge Dearie is only two days in and already sick of Trump's bullshit. The summary is, Trump has been ordered to provide a sworn affidavit under penalty of perjury listing all the evidence that he says was planted and everything he says the DoJ took but didn't document by September 30th, with no further claims being allowed after this. He must also provide a list of every instance of executive privilege he's claiming to hold over the executive branch, any executive privilege he's claiming would prevent anyone not in the executive branch to look at the documents, and everything he's claiming as a presidential record, and everything he claims is his. For every single document, by October 14th. Judge Dearie goes on to say he's hiring an assistant at $500/hr invoiced monthly starting October 1st, and if Trump doesn't pay within 7 days of each invoice, he'll be sanctioned.

The judge also undermined Cannon by granting the original judge who issued the warrant the decision about whether to return anything that was seized, and did a "and also you have to file it properly this time and make an actual argument for why."

While hidden behind the lawspeak, the whole thing is actually pretty brutal towards Trump, and contains a number of baited bear traps that makes it clear he thinks everything Trump's claiming is total bullshit. There's a fair amount of "put up or shut up" in there. I especially liked the obvious disdain he had for any claims of "Executive Privilege".
    So, about that..

https://www.salon.com/2022/09/30/wha...pecial-master/
    Keep on keepin' the beat alive!

Yeah, a corrupt judiciary bailed Trump out from the hole he dug for himself.

Trump asks SCOTUS to block DoJ from looking at classified documents. Skipping some steps, absolutely absurd, and par for the course. Unfortunately, it's going to Clarence "My Wife Did A Coup I Tried To Cover Up" Thomas.

Full text, in which they argue that the 11th circuit lacks jurisdiction to hear appeals from the 11th circuit I can't say I've read it all, I got queasy and had to stop.

Kash Patel is flipping on Trump after being granted a limited immunity. From other sources, the immunity deal is just that none of his testimony can be used against him or in any investigation into his crimes, but he can still be charged for anything he admits to if the feds are able to find evidence of it from other sources. I suspect there's something else going on too, because it seems like the feds have Patel by the balls.

Mine is an evil laugh