Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Results 31 to 60 of 228

Thread: The Impeachment of President Trump

  1. #31
    Quote Originally Posted by Lewkowski View Post
    Hunter may be innocent of any wrong doing. Hell I wouldn't be surprised if Joe engaged in quid pro quo without his son's knowledge. We won't know if there is no investigation. And when Biden *brags* about getting the prosecutor in charge of investigating the company Hunter was working for... well maybe its time for Ukraine to take another look now that the Obama white house isn't pressuring them?
    This has been addressed multiple times in this thread and in the other thread. Stop repeating asinine falsehoods you little shit.
    “Humanity's greatest advances are not in its discoveries, but in how those discoveries are applied to reduce inequity.”
    — Bill Gates

  2. #32
    Quote Originally Posted by Aimless View Post
    This has been addressed multiple times in this thread and in the other thread. Stop repeating asinine falsehoods you little shit.
    You really think there's nothing there with Biden? Or do just not care?

  3. #33
    Quote Originally Posted by Lewkowski View Post
    You really think there's nothing there with Biden? Or do just not care?
    I'm sorry but you'll have to acknowledge that the ouster of Shokin—who had shelved the Burisma investigation—was demanded by multiple western govts supporting Ukraine, as well as by anti-corruption forces in Ukraine, and by the IMF. The most likely consequence of his dismissal, wrt Burisma, would've been a resumption of that investigation. What you're saying is that Joe Biden—leader of a vast international cabal of sovereign nations, important supranational institutions and Ukrainian reformers—pressured a previous Ukrainian govt to fire their top prosecutor so that they could replace the corrupt bastard with a more honest one who would investigate the shady cabal leader's son. Congratulations grandpa, you've come up with literally the dumbest conspiracy theory in the history of this forum. Whether it's true or not, that's what you're arguing.
    “Humanity's greatest advances are not in its discoveries, but in how those discoveries are applied to reduce inequity.”
    — Bill Gates

  4. #34
    Quote Originally Posted by Lewkowski View Post
    If there is a belief someone did a criminal wrongdoing (and there is ample circumstantial evidence with Hunter) there is no issue with Trump asking another country to investigate a probable crime. Hell its down right patriotic to expect American citizens to behave themselves overseas, it shows we hold ourselves to a higher standard.
    You have literally opposed every single investigation into Trump almost all of which are on far firmer footing than Biden stuff, and made a rare fool of yourself doing so on many occasions. How do you expect anyone to take you seriously when you say this now?
    Why do we build the wall, my children, my children? We build the wall to keep us free.
    How does the wall keep us free, my children, my children? The wall keeps out the enemy. And we build the wall to keep us free.
    Who do we call the enemy, my children, my children? The enemy is poverty. And the wall keeps out the enemy. And we build the wall to keep us free.
    That's why we build the wall. We build the wall to keep us free. Because we have and they have not, my children, my my children. Because they want what we have got.
    What do we have that they should want, my children, my children? We have a wall to work upon. We have work and they have none. And our work is never done. And the war is never won.
    The enemy is poverty, the wall keeps out the enemy, and we build the wall to keep us free. That's why we build the wall, we build the wall to keep us free.

  5. #35
    Quote Originally Posted by Lewkowski View Post
    You really think there's nothing there with Biden? Or do just not care?
    Lewk, it's amazing how you're willing to assume something bad about a Democrat without the slightest bit of proof, while you refuse to believe anything bad about Trump without overwhelming and definitive evidence. I wonder why that is.
    Hope is the denial of reality

  6. #36
    Latest polls are showing public support for the impeachment inquiry at 51%. Let's gooooooo, can't this thing impeach any faster?

  7. #37
    Quote Originally Posted by Loki View Post
    Lewk, it's amazing how you're willing to assume something bad about a Democrat without the slightest bit of proof, while you refuse to believe anything bad about Trump even without overwhelming and definitive evidence. I wonder why that is.
    ftfy
    “Humanity's greatest advances are not in its discoveries, but in how those discoveries are applied to reduce inequity.”
    — Bill Gates

  8. #38
    Not sure where else to put this: Trump promised China to stay quiet about Hong Kong as long as negotiations continued on the trade war Trump started. This is incredibly infuriating, and this traitor needs to go.

  9. #39
    Quote Originally Posted by Wraith View Post
    Not sure where else to put this: Trump promised China to stay quiet about Hong Kong as long as negotiations continued on the trade war Trump started. This is incredibly infuriating, and this traitor needs to go.
    JFC he has got to go.
    The Rules
    Copper- behave toward others to elicit treatment you would like (the manipulative rule)
    Gold- treat others how you would like them to treat you (the self regard rule)
    Platinum - treat others the way they would like to be treated (the PC rule)

  10. #40
    Quote Originally Posted by Wraith View Post
    Not sure where else to put this: Trump promised China to stay quiet about Hong Kong as long as negotiations continued on the trade war Trump started. This is incredibly infuriating, and this traitor needs to go.
    I've been referring to this for a while now, I was sure this would be the subject of the whistleblower complaint. It was reported by politico weeks ago.
    “Humanity's greatest advances are not in its discoveries, but in how those discoveries are applied to reduce inequity.”
    — Bill Gates

  11. #41
    If this isn't a smoking gun...Then again, Trump already admitted to most of the facts.

    https://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-49926047
    Hope is the denial of reality

  12. #42
    Why do we build the wall, my children, my children? We build the wall to keep us free.
    How does the wall keep us free, my children, my children? The wall keeps out the enemy. And we build the wall to keep us free.
    Who do we call the enemy, my children, my children? The enemy is poverty. And the wall keeps out the enemy. And we build the wall to keep us free.
    That's why we build the wall. We build the wall to keep us free. Because we have and they have not, my children, my my children. Because they want what we have got.
    What do we have that they should want, my children, my children? We have a wall to work upon. We have work and they have none. And our work is never done. And the war is never won.
    The enemy is poverty, the wall keeps out the enemy, and we build the wall to keep us free. That's why we build the wall, we build the wall to keep us free.

  13. #43
    from the article:

    A Republican senator said he was told by an American diplomat in August that the release of U.S. aid to Ukraine was contingent on an investigation desired by President Trump and his allies, but Mr. Trump denied pursuing any such proposal when the lawmaker pressed him on it.

    Sen. Ron Johnson said that Gordon Sondland, the U.S. ambassador to the European Union, had described to him a quid pro quo involving a commitment by Kyiv to probe matters related to U.S. elections and the status of nearly $400 million in U.S. aid to Ukraine that the president had ordered to be held up in July.

    Alarmed by that information, Mr. Johnson, who supports aid to Ukraine and is the chairman of a Senate subcommittee with jurisdiction over the region, said he raised the issue with Mr. Trump the next day, Aug. 31, in a phone call, days before the senator was to meet with Ukraine's president, Volodymyr Zelensky. In the call, Mr. Trump flatly rejected the notion that he directed aides to make military aid to Ukraine contingent on a new probe by Kyiv, Mr. Johnson said.

    "He said, 'Expletive deleted—No way. I would never do that. Who told you that?" the Wisconsin senator recalled in an interview Friday. Mr. Johnson said he told the president he had learned of the arrangement from Mr. Sondland.

    Mr. Johnson's account, coupled with text messages among State Department officials released Thursday, show some Trump administration officials—including Mr. Sondland and a top U.S. diplomat in Kyiv—believed there was a link between Mr. Trump's July decision to hold up the aid to Ukraine and his interest in Kyiv's launching new probes.

    A week after Mr. Trump ordered that hold on aid, he asked Mr. Zelensky in a phone callfor help with two matters: an investigation of Joe Biden and one related to a conspiracy theory regarding interference in the 2016 U.S. election. The request to investigate Mr. Biden, a potential 2020 opponent of Mr. Trump, has led to the impeachment inquiry by House Democrats, who argue that the president is unduly using the power of his office for his political aims..

    The White House didn't respond to a request for comment. Speaking to reporters Friday, Mr. Trump again denied a connection between his efforts to press Ukraine and his hold on aid to the country. The president also rejected the idea that he was pushing for a probe of Mr. Biden for political reasons.

    Mr. Sondland, a former hotel executive and major Trump donor who was confirmed to the ambassador job last year, didn't respond to a request for comment through a spokesperson.

    Mr. Johnson's account of Mr. Sondland's description of the conditions placed on aid to Ukraine runs counter to what Mr. Sondland told another diplomat a little over a week later.

    On Sept. 9, Bill Taylor, a top U.S. diplomat in Kyiv, in a text message to Mr. Sondland also linked the hold on aid to the investigations the president was seeking. "I think it's crazy to withhold security assistance for help with a political campaign," Mr. Taylor wrote.

    Mr. Sondland responded by disputing Mr. Taylor's assertion. "I believe you are incorrect about President Trump's intentions," he wrote. "The President has been crystal clear no quid pro quo's of any kind." He added: "I suggest we stop the back and forth by text."

    Days later, the hold on the aid was lifted amid growing pressure from Congress.

    In his interview Friday, Mr. Johnson said his concern over the status of the aid was sparked by a news article about it.

    Mr. Johnson said he learned of the potential arrangement involving military aid through a phone call with Mr. Sondland the day before Mr. Johnson spoke to Mr. Trump. Under the arrangement, Mr. Johnson said Mr. Sondland told him, Ukraine, under its newly elected president, would appoint a strong prosecutor general and move to "get to the bottom of what happened in 2016—if President Trump has that confidence, then he'll release the military spending," recounted Mr. Johnson.

    "At that suggestion, I winced," Mr. Johnson said. "My reaction was: Oh, God. I don't want to see those two things combined."

    Mr. Johnson said he doesn't believe Mr. Biden's name came up during his conversations with Mr. Sondland or Mr. Trump.

    In the call, Mr. Johnson said he also asked Mr. Trump if he could be authorized to tell the Ukrainians that support was coming. "He did not give me that authority," Mr. Johnson said in a separate interview Wednesday. He said Mr. Trump assured him: "I hear what you're saying; you'll probably be happy with my decision."

    Mr. Trump and his allies have pushed the notion that, contrary to the conclusion by the U.S. intelligence community and byformer special counsel Robert Mueller that Russia interfered in the 2016 election on Mr. Trump's behalf, forces in Ukraine worked with Democrat Hillary Clinton's campaign, unsuccessfully, in 2016. No evidence has emerged to support that theory.

    Over the summer, the text messages show, State Department officials were seeking to work with a top aide to Mr. Zelensky to find an agreement that would pave the way for the aid to be released and a White House meeting between the two presidents. The agreement depended on Mr. Zelensky convincing Mr. Trump that "he will investigate/'get to the bottom of what happened' in 2016," according to a text message by Kurt Volker, then the U.S. special representative for Ukraine negotiations.

    The text messages released by House committees late Thursday indicate that U.S. officials coordinated with aides to the Ukrainian president and Rudy Giuliani, Mr. Trump's private lawyer, on a draft statement in which Kyiv would announce an investigation into both Mr. Biden and the 2016 race—at the same time as announcing a visit by the Ukrainian president to the White House.

    Mr. Taylor couldn't be reached for comment.

    Mr. Volker told House lawmakers in testimony on Thursday that he wasn't aware the president had mentioned Mr. Biden's name in the phone call with Mr. Zelensky until the White House released a rough transcript last week, according to a copy of his opening statement released Friday.

    Separately, the House Intelligence Committee heard closed-door testimony Friday from Michael Atkinson, the Trump-appointed intelligence community inspector general who fielded a whistleblower's complaint about the Ukraine call.
    Lmao. diplomats and aides understood the aid was contingent on Ukraine publicly announcing an investigation into Biden as well as acknowledgement of a retarded conspiracy theory about the DNC hack, a Republican senator had good reason to suspect something untoward was going on with the held-up aid, and Sondland tried to avoid leaving a paper trail but did it like a clumsy idiot.so now there's a pretty incriminating trail. Big question is where Johnson stands on impeachment.
    “Humanity's greatest advances are not in its discoveries, but in how those discoveries are applied to reduce inequity.”
    — Bill Gates

  14. #44
    lol it's super important to investigate crimes:

    https://www.nbcnews.com/news/amp/ncn...mpression=true
    “Humanity's greatest advances are not in its discoveries, but in how those discoveries are applied to reduce inequity.”
    — Bill Gates

  15. #45
    Quote Originally Posted by Aimless View Post
    from the article:



    Lmao. diplomats and aides understood the aid was contingent on Ukraine publicly announcing an investigation into Biden as well as acknowledgement of a retarded conspiracy theory about the DNC hack, a Republican senator had good reason to suspect something untoward was going on with the held-up aid, and Sondland tried to avoid leaving a paper trail but did it like a clumsy idiot.so now there's a pretty incriminating trail. Big question is where Johnson stands on impeachment.
    https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/n...pro-quo-theory

    Hah

  16. #46
    Quote Originally Posted by Lewkowski View Post
    Stop embarrassing yourself. If you're going to post stuff from WE then at least read the articles you post.
    “Humanity's greatest advances are not in its discoveries, but in how those discoveries are applied to reduce inequity.”
    — Bill Gates

  17. #47
    Haha competition for Dumbest Senator is getting pretty intense

    “Humanity's greatest advances are not in its discoveries, but in how those discoveries are applied to reduce inequity.”
    — Bill Gates

  18. #48
    I wonder how the Lewks of the world feel about being considered idiots by their idols (Alex Jones, Bannon).

    https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/...spiracy-theory
    Hope is the denial of reality

  19. #49
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Amsterdam/Istanbul
    Posts
    10,685
    I am surprised that Lewkowski doesn't see that abuse of power by the president of the United States is of a different magnitude than anything done by anyone else. Somehow he is stuck in the mindset of sticking one to 'the liberal', not seeing how what Trump does and may get away with will destroy a good deal more than liberal pet projects. And it will certainly not stop at stepping on something Lewkowski deeply cares about himself. And he will then have nobody to blame besides himself for thinking it was all just a big laugh.
    Greece shows us that there is a kind of politician worse than the ones that break their election promises; the ones that keep their election promises.

  20. #50
    Quote Originally Posted by Hazir View Post
    I am surprised that Lewkowski doesn't see that abuse of power by the president of the United States is of a different magnitude than anything done by anyone else. Somehow he is stuck in the mindset of sticking one to 'the liberal', not seeing how what Trump does and may get away with will destroy a good deal more than liberal pet projects. And it will certainly not stop at stepping on something Lewkowski deeply cares about himself. And he will then have nobody to blame besides himself for thinking it was all just a big laugh.
    I know what will Trump to do next after tackling corruption? Maybe he'll start going after government waste! The horror.

  21. #51
    Quote Originally Posted by Lewkowski View Post
    I know what will Trump to do next after tackling corruption? Maybe he'll start going after government waste! The horror.
    Just like he cut the deficit and reigned in government spending, right ?

  22. #52
    Quote Originally Posted by Enoch the Red View Post
    Just like he cut the deficit and reigned in government spending, right ?
    One of the major reasons I vote Libertarian. Republicans talk about reducing government spending but they are just as bad as liberals when it comes to actual action.

  23. #53
    Quote Originally Posted by Lewkowski View Post
    I know what will Trump to do next after tackling corruption?
    Best way for him to tackle corruption in Washington would be to resign.
    Why do we build the wall, my children, my children? We build the wall to keep us free.
    How does the wall keep us free, my children, my children? The wall keeps out the enemy. And we build the wall to keep us free.
    Who do we call the enemy, my children, my children? The enemy is poverty. And the wall keeps out the enemy. And we build the wall to keep us free.
    That's why we build the wall. We build the wall to keep us free. Because we have and they have not, my children, my my children. Because they want what we have got.
    What do we have that they should want, my children, my children? We have a wall to work upon. We have work and they have none. And our work is never done. And the war is never won.
    The enemy is poverty, the wall keeps out the enemy, and we build the wall to keep us free. That's why we build the wall, we build the wall to keep us free.

  24. #54
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Amsterdam/Istanbul
    Posts
    10,685
    Quote Originally Posted by Lewkowski View Post
    I know what will Trump to do next after tackling corruption? Maybe he'll start going after government waste! The horror.
    Red herring: a blatant abuse of the power of the office of the President of the United States is in no way comparable to any case of corruption.

    But obviously you don't give a damn; you are ready to destroy the village to save it.
    Greece shows us that there is a kind of politician worse than the ones that break their election promises; the ones that keep their election promises.

  25. #55
    Lewk, what does it say about you that Tucker Carlson is taking Trump's actions more seriously than you are?

    https://www.yahoo.com/news/fox-news-...081704846.html
    Hope is the denial of reality

  26. #56
    Quote Originally Posted by Loki View Post
    Lewk, what does it say about you that Tucker Carlson is taking Trump's actions more seriously than you are?

    https://www.yahoo.com/news/fox-news-...081704846.html
    It says that Lewk doesn't have any reputation that might be in need of rehabilitation:

    https://threadreaderapp.com/thread/1...?refreshed=yes
    “Humanity's greatest advances are not in its discoveries, but in how those discoveries are applied to reduce inequity.”
    — Bill Gates

  27. #57
    More interested in what it says about Republican strategy. I don't doubt they'll turn on Trump the nano-second they decide he's more of a liability than an asset but I don't think we're there yet.
    Why do we build the wall, my children, my children? We build the wall to keep us free.
    How does the wall keep us free, my children, my children? The wall keeps out the enemy. And we build the wall to keep us free.
    Who do we call the enemy, my children, my children? The enemy is poverty. And the wall keeps out the enemy. And we build the wall to keep us free.
    That's why we build the wall. We build the wall to keep us free. Because we have and they have not, my children, my my children. Because they want what we have got.
    What do we have that they should want, my children, my children? We have a wall to work upon. We have work and they have none. And our work is never done. And the war is never won.
    The enemy is poverty, the wall keeps out the enemy, and we build the wall to keep us free. That's why we build the wall, we build the wall to keep us free.

  28. #58
    Quote Originally Posted by Steely Glint View Post
    More interested in what it says about Republican strategy. I don't doubt they'll turn on Trump the nano-second they decide he's more of a liability than an asset but I don't think we're there yet.
    I don't want them to decide he's a liability; I want them to learn—painfully—that he's a liability. There must be consequences for their support of his extremely damaging vandalism, or they will just end up falling in line behind a worse crook in half a generation.

    I still can't get over his reaction to the Skripal poisoning case:

    https://www.washingtonpost.com/polit...80b_story.html

    Owning the libs by being a fucking idiot.
    “Humanity's greatest advances are not in its discoveries, but in how those discoveries are applied to reduce inequity.”
    — Bill Gates

  29. #59
    Quote Originally Posted by Loki View Post
    Lewk, what does it say about you that Tucker Carlson is taking Trump's actions more seriously than you are?

    https://www.yahoo.com/news/fox-news-...081704846.html
    I like Tucker - it doesn't mean I think he's right on everything.

  30. #60
    Lewk, how can you decide what's "right" when you deny the facts and believe conspiracy theories?

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •