Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
Results 61 to 90 of 223

Thread: The Impeachment of President Trump

  1. #61
    Quote Originally Posted by GGT View Post
    Lewk, how can you decide what's "right" when you deny the facts and believe conspiracy theories?
    There are no consequences.
    “Humanity's greatest advances are not in its discoveries, but in how those discoveries are applied to reduce inequity.”
    — Bill Gates

  2. #62
    https://theintercept.com/2019/10/04/...c-impeachment/

    Not that any Trumpist will be put off by anti-Semitism (including those who really should know better).
    Hope is the denial of reality

  3. #63
    Quote Originally Posted by Loki View Post
    https://theintercept.com/2019/10/04/...c-impeachment/

    Not that any Trumpist will be put off by anti-Semitism (including those who really should know better).
    Two for the price of one: https://www.miamiherald.com/news/pol...235830792.html
    “Humanity's greatest advances are not in its discoveries, but in how those discoveries are applied to reduce inequity.”
    — Bill Gates

  4. #64
    Can't see Trump turning on his base.
    Hope is the denial of reality

  5. #65
    Shame makes people stupid, and this is what the combination of shame and stupidity looks like:

    “Humanity's greatest advances are not in its discoveries, but in how those discoveries are applied to reduce inequity.”
    — Bill Gates

  6. #66
    Can you imagine what would happen if a Democrat said they didn't trust the FBI and CIA?
    Hope is the denial of reality

  7. #67
    Quote Originally Posted by Loki View Post
    Can you imagine what would happen if a Democrat said they didn't trust the FBI and CIA?
    I mean when the #1 and #2 at the FBI get fired for their abject failures and lies (And since their sworn testimony was in direct contradiction at the very least one of them had to be lying) why would you trust the FBI? Listen to them of course and take a look at what they say but blind trust is a no go.

  8. #68
    Quote Originally Posted by Aimless View Post
    Shame makes people stupid, and this is what the combination of shame and stupidity looks like:

    Listen to this and see why Schiff is the biggest embarrassment.

    https://www.bitchute.com/video/keYMC3Q2kuE/

  9. #69
    Quote Originally Posted by Lewkowski View Post
    I mean when the #1 and #2 at the FBI get fired for their abject failures and lies (And since their sworn testimony was in direct contradiction at the very least one of them had to be lying) why would you trust the FBI? Listen to them of course and take a look at what they say but blind trust is a no go.
    Good to know that you know hate American law enforcement.
    Hope is the denial of reality

  10. #70
    Quote Originally Posted by Loki View Post
    Good to know that you know hate American law enforcement.
    Ooh you do a good Schiff impression. So who do you think lied under oath? Comey or McCabe?

  11. #71
    Quote Originally Posted by Lewkowski View Post
    Ooh you do a good Schiff impression. So who do you think lied under oath? Comey or McCabe?
    Hi, we can see that you're carrying water for a criminal president. Get back to us when you're ready to talk about your willingness to defend a criminal president.
    “Humanity's greatest advances are not in its discoveries, but in how those discoveries are applied to reduce inequity.”
    — Bill Gates

  12. #72
    Quote Originally Posted by Lewkowski View Post
    (And since their sworn testimony was in direct contradiction at the very least one of them had to be lying)
    What's this referring to?

  13. #73
    There's a ton of conspiracy theories flying around. God knows which they're referring to at any given time.
    Hope is the denial of reality

  14. #74
    It's a distraction. Any objection he may have to Comey & McCabe applies a thousand times more to Trump & co, about far more serious matters. He's trying to throw up chaff to obscure the reality that he doesn't care that POTUS is a dangerous crook who should be impeached, removed from office and put in jail. All of this whataboutism and conspiratorial boomer bullshit is just cover—albeit pathetically transparent.
    “Humanity's greatest advances are not in its discoveries, but in how those discoveries are applied to reduce inequity.”
    — Bill Gates

  15. #75
    The president is a fuckwit:

    “Humanity's greatest advances are not in its discoveries, but in how those discoveries are applied to reduce inequity.”
    — Bill Gates

  16. #76
    His great and unmatched wisdom? That's disturbing, but goes with his I alone can fix this and stable genius claims.

    Making an impulsive and unilateral decision about the Syrian Kurds (that surprised his advisors, the pentagon, and even Republicans) is more proof that he's unbalanced. I don't understand how his enablers can ignore that, and keep making excuses because they like "some" of his policies.

    Now that a good number of (R) have denounced this Syria move....maybe they can be convinced that *dissent* is better than being a cowardly loyalist? Cracking that wacky firewall King Trump built around the presidency could be an important first step. Then protecting whistleblowers, and believing our own intelligence agencies (over any foreign nation) will follow. FFS I hope so.

  17. #77
    It's low-cost signaling on a low-stakes issue. Even if they "win" in a showdown, the damage will already have been done, and it will not be reversed by politicking in congress. Trump—and, by extension, the US—got rolled by Erdogan.
    “Humanity's greatest advances are not in its discoveries, but in how those discoveries are applied to reduce inequity.”
    — Bill Gates

  18. #78
    Quote Originally Posted by GGT View Post
    His great and unmatched wisdom? That's disturbing, but goes with his I alone can fix this and stable genius claims.
    Truly the King of Trolls!

  19. #79
    Quote Originally Posted by Lewkowski View Post
    Truly the King of Trolls!
    The president of the US, and leader of the freeee world is a Troll....and you ?

  20. #80
    Well, the bombing of the Kurds has begun. Let's see how Trump is going to destroy and obliterate the Turkish economy, just like he did last time.

    He's a fucking monster.

  21. #81
    Quote Originally Posted by Wraith View Post
    Well, the bombing of the Kurds has begun. Let's see how Trump is going to destroy and obliterate the Turkish economy, just like he did last time.

    He's a fucking monster.
    What's ironic is that earlier today liberals were blasting Trump for threatening our "NATO ally" as another example of Trump being unhinged. It doesn't matter what Trump does he's going to get flak for it.

    That said - I think Trump has badly misplayed his hand here. Turkey not respecting our desires here should bring about heavy consequences for Erdogan who is a colossal piece of shit. I'd love to see Trump actually push hard for the expulsion of Turkey from NATO over this. They've already been in violation of the basic charter required of NATO countries for years.

  22. #82
    Quote Originally Posted by Lewkowski View Post
    What's ironic is that earlier today liberals were blasting Trump for threatening our "NATO ally" as another example of Trump being unhinged. It doesn't matter what Trump does he's going to get flak for it.
    Has he tried doing something not horrible? Maybe that's the secret.

  23. #83
    Trump believes he has *absolute rights* as POTUS. The only check comes from congress, and since congress defines what "high crimes and misdemeanors" means...let's take the Impeachment process to the next level, please.

  24. #84
    Quote Originally Posted by Lewkowski View Post
    What's ironic is that earlier today liberals were blasting Trump for threatening our "NATO ally" as another example of Trump being unhinged. It doesn't matter what Trump does he's going to get flak for it.
    Correction: Trump was blasted for not including our allies in international strategy. Turkey is a NATO member, but not necessarily an ally of democracy.

    That said - I think Trump has badly misplayed his hand here. Turkey not respecting our desires here should bring about heavy consequences for Erdogan who is a colossal piece of shit. I'd love to see Trump actually push hard for the expulsion of Turkey from NATO over this. They've already been in violation of the basic charter required of NATO countries for years.
    But Trump doesn't believe in NATO. Or any other multi-lateral international coalition. That's "globalism" that makes the US chumps to the rest of the world. Fuck diplomacy --that's part of the administrative state that needs to be dismantled. And our intelligence agencies can go to hell -- they're part of The Deep State that's trying to undermine the duly elected president. Can't trust any US agency, so go to known corrupted foreign nations to prove US corruption?

    WTF

  25. #85

  26. #86
    Quote Originally Posted by Aimless View Post
    It's low-cost signaling on a low-stakes issue. Even if they "win" in a showdown, the damage will already have been done, and it will not be reversed by politicking in congress. Trump—and, by extension, the US—got rolled by Erdogan.
    No, it's a Putin instruction. Russia wants the US out of Syria, that's the only comprehensible reason the Traitor in Chief wants to withdraw like this.
    The Rules
    Copper- behave toward others to elicit treatment you would like (the manipulative rule)
    Gold- treat others how you would like them to treat you (the self regard rule)
    Platinum - treat others the way they would like to be treated (the PC rule)

  27. #87
    Quote Originally Posted by EyeKhan View Post
    No, it's a Putin instruction. Russia wants the US out of Syria, that's the only comprehensible reason the Traitor in Chief wants to withdraw like this.
    Sorry, I was unclear. I was referring to the reactions from certain GOP congressmen, not to Trump.
    “Humanity's greatest advances are not in its discoveries, but in how those discoveries are applied to reduce inequity.”
    — Bill Gates

  28. #88
    Romney's reportedly starting to build a coalition of R's who'll vote to convict once the impeachment goes to the Senate. I think yesterday made it clear that we need to get this impeachment going ASAP.

  29. #89
    Quote Originally Posted by Wraith View Post
    Romney's reportedly starting to build a coalition of R's who'll vote to convict once the impeachment goes to the Senate. I think yesterday made it clear that we need to get this impeachment going ASAP.
    Fingers crossed. But keep in mind, only 4/10 Republicans believe Trump mentioned the Biden name on his call with Ukraine's President, so we are not dealing with people who have their eyes open. Lewk is a case in point.

    EDIT: When it became clear to Nixon that he'd be impeached and removed, he resigned. But I seriously doubt the Traitor will do that. What a circus that will be. Look for him to order Barr to have Pelosi et al arrested for Treason. Wonder what Barr will do? He's plainly been thoroughly corrupted.
    The Rules
    Copper- behave toward others to elicit treatment you would like (the manipulative rule)
    Gold- treat others how you would like them to treat you (the self regard rule)
    Platinum - treat others the way they would like to be treated (the PC rule)

  30. #90
    Quote Originally Posted by EyeKhan View Post
    Fingers crossed. But keep in mind, only 4/10 Republicans believe Trump mentioned the Biden name on his call with Ukraine's President, so we are not dealing with people who have their eyes open. Lewk is a case in point.
    That's in the general public. I think the Senators aren't so detached from reality, they're more cynical self-serving bastards than uneducated idiots. As the impeachment goes forward I expect the support for impeachment/conviction to climb in the public and it'll become more dangerous not to vote for it. Trump's impeachment already has more public support than Nixon's did, and history is pretty unequivocal about that being the right thing to do.

    edit: The Syria debacle has already flipped some R's against him. I guess it just takes a bit of genocide...

    EDIT: When it became clear to Nixon that he'd be impeached and removed, he resigned. But I seriously doubt the Traitor will do that. What a circus that will be. Look for him to order Barr to have Pelosi et al arrested for Treason. Wonder what Barr will do? He's plainly been thoroughly corrupted.
    I really don't know. He's too unpredictable at this point - he could resign to try to save face, or he could declare himself king for life and order a nuclear strike on Congress. He already fired Pelosi from her position as Speaker (he can't really), and is trying to start an impeachment for Romney (also not a real thing). I don't think he's fully in the same reality as the rest of us.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •