Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Thread: The Impeachment of President Trump

“Humanity's greatest advances are not in its discoveries, but in how those discoveries are applied to reduce inequity.”
    — Bill Gates

Twitter is not the real world. It is a place where people start bitter fights. It is a place where posting inconvenient truths to a certain political side leads to a ban. I do not trust Twitter.

I never trusted second hand sources. Either I see it on video o I see what ALL side have to say, directly from the source. Critical thinking. Else, we become biased consumers of gossip fairy tales.
    Freedom - When people learn to embrace criticism about politicians, since politicians are just employees like you and me.

Do you not understand what a transcript of a witness testimony is? Just help me understand. Do you believe the transcript itself is a tweet?
    “Humanity's greatest advances are not in its discoveries, but in how those discoveries are applied to reduce inequity.”
    — Bill Gates

Or do you not understand what a news report about a court ruling is? Do you believe the ruling is a tweet?
    — Bill Gates

Mulvaney instructed by WH not to comply, asserting "absolute immunity":

— Bill Gates

When you're uniquely qualified for the job:

— Bill Gates

Another discussion regarding "absolute immunity" can be found in the Imperial Presidency thread.

Congressional Republicans are having a hard time defending the indefensible, so they focus on messaging and marketing, and hope no one realizes they're being scammed. Like those "Read the Transcript" t-shirts worn at rallies. Or demanding that testimonies be publicized but then refusing to read them. It's classic Trump deflection and projection.

Their thought-leaders are all so fucking dumb.

— Bill Gates

— Bill Gates

Trump ignored aides' advice to raise corruption in first Zelensky call, source says

White House national security advisers suggested President Donald Trump raise the broad issue of corruption in his first call with Ukrainian President Volodymyr Zelensky on April 21, but Trump chose not to, according to a person familiar with the matter.

One of Republicans’ central defenses in the impeachment inquiry has been that Trump cares deeply about corruption in Ukraine, which is why he asked Zelensky in July to investigate former Vice President Joe Biden and his son Hunter's dealings with the country.

That the president did not adhere to his National Security Council’s advice to discuss corruption with Zelensky during their April call appears to undermine those claims.

Trump released a record of the April call on Friday morning, which also appeared at odds with a readout of the call released by the White House to reporters that said Trump had “expressed his commitment" to work with Zelensky to "strengthen democracy, increase prosperity, and root out corruption.”

According to the record, Trump congratulated Zelensky on his election victory but did not mention corruption.
    Trump cares so much about corruption, it's all he talks about
    — Bill Gates