Page 8 of 13 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast

Thread: The Impeachment of President Trump

It looks like a lot of people thought they ran US policy in Eastern Europe.

Quote Originally Posted by Lewkowski View Post
    Amusing now that this isn't resonating with the American viewing public that the left has talks of censure over impeachment.
    Censure is always an option but most polls only asked about removal from office.

If Trump wins in 2020 the one person the left should blame would be Pelosi. (Of course bonus points can still go to Jussie)
    If Trump gets re-elected it's because the spineless GOP became the Trump Party, with Fox & Friends as their propaganda machine, and the people who buy their lies.

Pelosi orders draft of Articles of Impeachment.

Finally. Let's do this so we can focus on beating President Pence in November.

Quote Originally Posted by Wraith View Post

lol

Keep dreaming.
    Last night as I lay in bed, looking up at the stars, I thought, “Where the hell is my ceiling?"

Why won't you guys just let me have this?

You need to understand that Pence is so creepy and incompetent that Republicans think of him as a worse bet than Trump.
    "One day, we shall die. All the other days, we shall live."

More incompetent than Trump? You realize how high that bar is?

Pence is far more disciplined in every public appearance I've seen.

Not impeachment related but Tusk chose an interesting picture to Tweet out . . .
    Quote Originally Posted by Ominous Gamer View Post
    ℬeing upset is understandable, but be upset at yourself for poor planning, not at the world by acting like a spoiled bitch during an interview.

Why won't you guys just let me have this?
    Because at this point, the GOP has demonstrated it is actively dangerous to think they might do the right thing.
    Last night as I lay in bed, looking up at the stars, I thought, “Where the hell is my ceiling?"

It's almost like an ideology based around how greed and self-interest are good attracts a load of greedy, self-interested people who won't do the right thing, unless it happens to be in their own interests.
    When the sky above us fell
    We descended into hell
    Into kingdom come

Quote Originally Posted by Steely Glint View Post
    It's almost like an ideology based around how greed and self-interest are good attracts a load of greedy, self-interested people who won't do the right thing, unless it happens to be in their own interests.

I'm amazed that polls suggest farmers (who got Trump into office by a few thousand votes in key midwest states) might be willing to re-elect him, even tho they've been royally screwed by his Tariffs and Trade Wars. Ditto for coal and manufacturing workers. They're not voting in their own interests, either.

Forget defending the Republic, or the Constitution, or rule-of-law. Maybe there are enough people who want a benevolent dictator after all, and keep hoping Trump -- and his (R) toadies -- will deliver on their false promises. Even in the face of corruption and abuse of power.

We need a Barbara Jordan to explain the Constitution and Impeachment to the public, and a Barry Goldwater to explain it to fellow Republicans and Trump.

But we have neither.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_c...ature=emb_logo

Gotta appreciate how much fun this guy is having with all of this.

Hope is the denial of reality

Quote Originally Posted by Loki View Post
    People not paying attention to what is going on because it lacks importance. No idea what the FL legislature was chatting about in your example but the point isn't that congress critters are bad people for not paying attention, the point is the hearing on the subject matter being discussed doesn't merit serious attention.

People not paying attention to what is going on because it lacks importance. No idea what the FL legislature was chatting about in your example but the point isn't that congress critters are bad people for not paying attention, the point is the hearing on the subject matter being discussed doesn't merit serious attention.
    It is serious, and has received serious attention by most of those who need to pay attention to it. If you were not a halfwit, you would've known this, and would've been able to put this insignificant data-point into context. Even more serious is McConnell's public announcement that he intends to corrupt the investigation of this corrupt president. Pretty gross.

Let sleeping tigers lie Khendraja'aro's Avatar
    The US is pretty much a banana republic at this point. If the GOP gets another guy on the constitutional court, you can kiss your democracy goodbye and welcome an oligarchy.
    When the stars threw down their spears
    And watered heaven with their tears:
    Did he smile his work to see?
    Did he who made the lamb make thee?

Quote Originally Posted by Khendraja'aro View Post
    The US is pretty much a banana republic at this point. If the GOP gets another guy on the constitutional court, you can kiss your democracy goodbye and welcome an oligarchy.
    I know - can you imagine a solid majority that regularly insists that the 1st and 2nd amendment rights be protected? Crazy.

(If you don't know much about American politics, the left wants to overturn the Heller case and allow much stronger gun laws and they also want to overturn Citizens United and restrict political speech)

Right, just like you want the freedom of association part of the first amendment protected (see protests).

Or for that matter, your acceptance of the government (i.e., Trump) punishing people for their speech.

I know - can you imagine a solid majority that regularly insists that the 1st and 2nd amendment rights be protected? Crazy.

(If you don't know much about American politics, the left wants to overturn the Heller case and allow much stronger gun laws and they also want to overturn Citizens United and restrict political speech)
    If this investigation and impeachment has shown one thing, it's that you (and the GOP) don't care about the constitution.
    Keep on keepin' the beat alive!

Let sleeping tigers lie Khendraja'aro's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Loki View Post
    Right, just like you want the freedom of association part of the first amendment protected (see protests).

Or for that matter, your acceptance of the government (i.e., Trump) punishing people for their speech.
    Just today I saw a news article where a newspaper (Der Stern) stated that they retracted an article because it was critical of someone (*cough*). And even though it had been double-checked by lawyers, they simply couldn't run the risk of a lawsuit because even when they would win the suit, they'd still face prohibitively large costs.

So much for "Freedom of Speech".

https://www.sueddeutsche.de/medien/s...erzt-1.4727170

"This route has been blacked out for legal reasons," it says on three black pages in the digital edition of Stern published on Tuesday. In the print version published on Wednesday, readers will find the reportage of a US correspondent for the news magazine who visited a Trump hotel in Washington. When asked about a SZ, a spokeswoman for the publishing house Gruner + Jahr said that the blackening in the digital version, which is also available internationally, was a precautionary measure: Because the text contains critical tones, a lawsuit in the USA cannot be ruled out. Although he was legally approved in-house, "in case of a jurisprudence, Stern could incur considerable procedural costs" - even if you won a lawsuit. For this reason, when making critical reports about people or institutions in the United States, consider whether they are also available there.
    Edit: This quote is a direct result from Google Translate. I'm deeply in awe of the quality this thing produces...
    When the stars threw down their spears
    And watered heaven with their tears:
    Did he smile his work to see?
    Did he who made the lamb make thee?

You couldn't even read the headline? They were debating abortion. I guess that's not an important issue.

Quote Originally Posted by Khendraja'aro View Post
    Just today I saw a news article where a newspaper (Der Stern) stated that they retracted an article because it was critical of someone (*cough*). And even though it had been double-checked by lawyers, they simply couldn't run the risk of a lawsuit because even when they would win the suit, they'd still face prohibitively large costs.

So much for "Freedom of Speech".

https://www.sueddeutsche.de/medien/s...erzt-1.4727170

Edit: This quote is a direct result from Google Translate. I'm deeply in awe of the quality this thing produces...
    GT is getting better. It´s especially good with legal texts. I still use the services of certified translators for legal reasons, but I´m quite happy to use GT for work copies of texts in foreign languages that I can´t read (Polish for example)
    Congratulations America

For your viewing pleasure: