Quote Originally Posted by Lewkowski View Post
Trump needs to make it clear to the American people with facts that the media is firmly planted against him and that people shouldn't trust a thing they report. He can't do it by simply repeating that they are fake news, they are corrupt etc, he needs to be specific.
Fact: all the media needs to do is play video of Trump incriminating himself. He stood on the WH lawn and admitted he asked Ukraine to investigate the Bidens. He also said that Giuliani was doing a great job 'uncovering corruption' about the Bidens. Then he said China should investigate the Bidens, too!

Fact: 'Biden corruption' is a conspiracy theory that's been debunked. Even Trump's former DHS advisor Bassert was frustrated that Giuliani (and others) were peddling this Krazy Kool-Aid, and that Trump believed them over our own Intelligence Agencies.

Fact: We don't want foreign nations meddling in our elections. Even if it's "just" disinformation it's still a breach of national sovereignty and security. When the president invites that meddling it becomes an Impeachable offense.

Fact: Even Judge Napolitano and Shepard Smith (also Chris Wallace?) from Fox News have made the argument that Trump has crossed the line.

Quote Originally Posted by EyeKhan View Post
This helps explain much of the mystifying conversation I see between Lewk and pretty much everyone else on this forum. I used to think that he's just trolling you all, having a little fun at your expense, but after a while I had to accept he actually does, more or less, believe (or maybe "intentionally support in spite of reality" is the better description?) much of the nonsense.

And honestly, why you guys bother, is the bigger mystery. But I read because I find your rebuttals and explanations instructive, so there's that.
Yeah, I know what you mean. Watergate looms in the back of my mind. Republicans roundly supported Nixon until the tapes came to light, and then it was Republicans who forced Nixon to resign. They had "the out" they needed. I'm hoping that last minute change of mind can happen now, again.