Thread: White castle, black castle

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by LittleFuzzy View Post
    Everything you said is wrong. The "castle doctrine" is nothing more or less than a "stand your ground" context. As Texas already has fairly broad self defense laws in that regard, it doesn't give you anything "extra" at all. It's just an alternate phrasing to make things more understandable (or alternatively, make it sound more appealing/palatable). The two are used fairly interchangeably in Texas.
    Thanks for clearing that up. It sounds a lot more like the way I understood it. Which is that there is an across the board lower threshold for establishing self defense in case of use of force against any perceived threat.

Still don't know how it could apply in this case. Don't people in the USA lock their front doors?
    Congratulations America

Also jury came back with a guilty verdict on the murder charge. Justice.

Quote Originally Posted by Hazir View Post
    Still don't know how it could apply in this case. Don't people in the USA lock their front doors?
    In my experiences, no. The 2 main groups I've seen that locked their doors during the day are single women and families with escape toddlers, otherwise it's a nightly check and nothing more.

Quote Originally Posted by Lewkowski View Post
    Also jury came back with a guilty verdict on the murder charge. Justice.
    So gung ho to double post the dumbass missed that we already posted this 8 hours ago.
    "In a field where an overlooked bug could cost millions, you want people who will speak their minds, even if they’re sometimes obnoxious about it."