Quote Originally Posted by Lewkowski View Post
More white folks are killed by police than black folks - and before Loki bleats about population, black folks have the equivalent % of murder tallies as white folks. Furthermore studies have been shown that white vs. black cops don't have a difference so personal racism is very unlikely to be a factor on the macro level.

https://www.npr.org/2019/07/26/74573...minority-suspe

"The race of a police officer did not predict the race of the citizen shot. In other words, black officers were just as likely to shoot black citizens as white officers were."
I've said in the past that I've some sympathy for American police officers panicking in the dark at night on the streets when someone has something in their hands etc people aren't infallible and America is so f**ked up with the prevalence of guns and murder that mistakes will happen. The solution is to try and drop the murder rate down from virtually third world to first world levels, remove the second amendment and get the guns off the streets.

Shooting someone dead through a window in their own home - no, that's murder. Pure and simple it is murder. I simply don't see a way for that officer to have been justifiably afraid of their life to pull the trigger just because there was someone moving behind a window.