Thread: A Good Sentence

Default A Good Sentence

http://www.uscannenbergmedia.com/201...-grad-student/

"Twenty-year-old Alejandra Guerrero pleaded with a judge to spare her a life prison term for her conviction in the baseball-bat beating death of USC graduate student Xinran Ji in 2014.

"I am so sorry and I pray that one day they could forgive me," Guerrero said.

Los Angeles Superior Court Judge George Lomeli last Friday sentenced Alejandra Guerrero to life in prison without the possibility of parole. An accomplice, Jonathan Del Carmen, was sentenced to 15 years to life in prison."

Women often get lesser sentences in criminal cases, I was pleasantly surprised to learn this useless monster will never be free from jail. Need more judges like this! Hopefully she falls down some stairs while in prison so we stop wasting tax money on her but either way good job judge.

Shame this sentence is unconstitutional as per Montgomery v. Louisiana. Seems like a waste of taxpayer money for a judge to impose a sentence that is guaranteed to be overturned.
    Hope is the denial of reality

Why am I not surprised you would cheer the idea of a brutal murderer going free.

I am stating a fact. Why do you want to waste taxpayer money? This is clearly unconstitutional.
    Hope is the denial of reality

In other sentencing news: the Texas police officer (Amber Guyger) who shot a man dead in his *own* apartment (because she thought he was in *her* apartment) was sentenced to 10 years, eligible for parole in 5.

Quote Originally Posted by Loki View Post
    I am stating a fact. Why do you want to waste taxpayer money? This is clearly unconstitutional.
    Meh, not really. The Supreme Court got that case wrong. Also it isn't as if the lower courts can't adjust the sentence to 99 years or some other shit. I'm sure there are some additional guardrails on the ruling but life with the possibility of parole doesn't mean they'll get parole. In the meantime its always possible with new justices probably coming soon that the decision get overturned.